Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Adams’ contract extension talks have begun

Jamal Adams says the #Jets have begun contract extension talks with his reps, and sounds very confident something will get done

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Great news.

This isn’t a player you want to let slip away.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    This would be wonderful

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This would be wonderful
    Yes Clown that would be wonderful.

I'd be very happy retaining our one All Pro.

Looking to make Jamal a Jet for life.
    Joe Douglas

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I love it.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Joe Douglas has said he wants to sign Jamal Adams to a long-term deal. However, if the Jets are offered a top-20 pick this year and two second-round picks (this year and next year), do you think the Jets should make that deal, given all the holes on their roster and because Adams will likely cost them around $14M a year in a long-term deal (a lot for a safety)?

The Jamal Adams trade debate has been stirred up again by some recent speculation out of Dallas that the Cowboys might again making a run at their hometown player. I believe the Jets really do want to sign Adams long-term. They’re not just blowing smoke. However, the offer you lay out is awfully tempting. That is what the Jets were seeking in October for Adams at the trade deadline, and the Cowboys did not go for it.

Let’s say the Cowboys now have a change of heart and really want Adams. They have the No. 17 pick in the first round and their second-round pick is No. 51 overall. If the Jets did that, they would have six picks in the top 80, giving Douglas the chance to fill several holes. He would be creating a new one by trading Adams, but I think I would make that deal.

Saw this in the Post today. Would you take a 1st and 2-2nds for Jamal?

That tempting, but I wouldn’t. There’s no guarantee those picks turn out any good (although the odds would be pretty good with 3 picks in the Top 2 rounds). We’re not in a cap crunch moving forward, they should just pay this generational talent and not mess around with him.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    That tempting, but I wouldn’t. There’s no guarantee those picks turn out any good (although the odds would be pretty good with 3 picks in the Top 2 rounds). We’re not in a cap crunch moving forward, they should just pay this generational talent and not mess around with him.
    I think he’s too good of a talent and a leader too
    Now if it was one of their better linemen and a 1st...now we’re talking

I would not take that for him. He is looking like a generational talent and fantastic leader. That combo is rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would not take that for him. He is looking like a generational talent and fantastic leader. That combo is rare.
    He blitzed.
    He ran into Daniel Jones.
    He took the ball from Jones like a handoff.
    He turned upfield.
    He raced toward the endzone.
    He scored the TD.

He is legend.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    He blitzed.
    He ran into Daniel Jones.
    He took the ball from Jones like a handoff.
    He turned upfield.
    He raced toward the endzone.
    He scored the TD.

He is legend.
    And it should have happened twice that game

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I wouldn't pay him until we had to, that being said is this team better with Adams, #11 (OT or WR) and 2nd rounder OT/WR

or

OT/WR plus WR/CB/Edge plus OT/IOL/WR/CB plus OT/IOL/WR/CB

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast