Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Giants re-sign Pablo Sandoval

The Giants have reached a deal to bring third baseman Pablo Sandoval back to the organization, tweets MLB Network’s Jon Heyman. It’ll be a minor league arrangement with a $2MM base salary in the event that Sandoval make the club out of Spring Training. Sandoval, a Beverly Hills Sports Council client, can also earn an additional $750K via incentive pay.

Sandoval, 33, has spent the past two and a half seasons back with the Giants after being cut loose by the Red Sox at the halfway point of an ill-fated $95MM contract. While he hasn’t been the hitter he was at his peak during the Giants’ even-year dynasty, he turned in a quality .268/.313/.507 slash with 14 long balls in a part-time role in 2019. His season, however, came to an early end at the beginning of September with the revelation that he required Tommy John surgery. Alex Pavlovic of NBC Sports Bay Area tweets that Sandoval is ahead of schedule in his rehab from that procedure.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...edium=facebook

Hell yeah. Though I thought he was supposed to miss most all of 2020. Because of this, I assumed whoever signed him this off-season (if that even happened) would grab him on a cheap two year pact.

Good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Hell yeah. Though I thought he was supposed to miss most all of 2020. Because of this, I assumed whoever signed him this off-season (if that even happened) would grab him on a cheap two year pact.
    Good clubhouse presence, if he is healthy they can trade him at the deadline for a prospect

I like it 👏🏼. Before the injury I was pleasantly surprised that Pablo was one of the more consistent and exciting players on the team. Welcome back old friend 😊

Now we will contend.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.