Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rumor: Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley for NXT Women's Championship at Wrestle Mania

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...at-wwe-665554/

It appears as if Charlotte Flair will be challenging NXT Champion Rhea Ripley for a match at WrestleMania 36.

According to PW Insider, Flair is scheduled to be at this week's NXT in Orlando.

Flair won the 30-women Royal Rumble match this past Sunday to challenge for a World title shot at WrestleMania. On RAW this past Monday night, Charlotte did not declare who she would be facing, and just said that should would be challenging for "a championship" at WrestleMania. As we previously reported, Becky Lynch is scheduled to defend her title against Shayna Baszler at WrestleMania.

On the Wrestling Inc. podcast following Monday's RAW, Matt Morgan, Glenn Rubenstein and myself discussed the possibility of Flair squaring off against Ripley at WrestleMania.

"I think [WWE is] going to swerve, I think it's going to be Shayna and Becky at WrestleMania and I think Charlotte's going to announce her title shot against Rhea Ripley," I said. "Charlotte vs. Bayley or anyone else on SmackDown does not feel like a WrestleMania match."

"That would be such a great freakin' step up for Rhea Ripley's progression," Morgan said. "It's an easy explanation for Charlotte, saying, 'look, I've won every title there is to win. I've wrestled Becky, I've beaten her. I've wrestled Bayley, I've beaten her too.' And then just cut the promo on Rhea Ripley, 'I've never faced Rhea Ripley, she's got the NXT title, I'm a former NXT Champion...' It's such an easy promo to do."
    Eichel Tower

I'm gonna be pissed if they put the title back on Charlotte. We're about to go into February and I'm sure she'll get more title shots in the next six months then half of the female roster will their entire WWE careers.

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

I think this would be an interesting idea. Putting her on the brand that you want to treat as an equal of RAW or Smackdown and going head to head with AEW makes a lot of sense.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

ok wait so it came down to Baszler and Flair at the Rumble, Flair tossed Baszler to win, Flair is going after the NXT title and Baszler is going after the Raw Women's title? why didn't they just have Baszler win the rumble so it makes more sense for her to go after a main roster title and you could have built a storyline around Charlotte wanting to rebuild her status go back to NXT go through some of the Women there and earn the shot at the NXT title?

It would make sense: new fresh feud, builds up more legitimacy for NXT as it's own brand and allows us for 3 potential good matches with 6 talented wrestlers instead of two, with one being really stale imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think this would be an interesting idea. Putting her on the brand that you want to treat as an equal of RAW or Smackdown and going head to head with AEW makes a lot of sense.
    Not interesting but desperate. They know AEW is legit, that is why they are even remotely considering moving Flair to NXT.

Quite frankly, like Brock Lesnar, I am so tired of seeing Charlotte and for that matter Becky Lynch.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Not interesting but desperate. They know AEW is legit, that is why they are even remotely considering moving Flair to NXT.

Quite frankly, like Brock Lesnar, I am so tired of seeing Charlotte and for that matter Becky Lynch.
    I never understand the organic movement for someone to become champion then how quick fans turn when that person becomes champ. I hope that doesn't happen to McIntyre.

Becky is still the best female on the roster. Fire on the mic, solid in the ring. Its not her fault the women's division is so shallow.

Are they doing something wrong by trying to beat AEW? I don't understand why that makes them desperate. That makes them good at business. They should be trying to do that each and every week.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I never understand the organic movement for someone to become champion then how quick fans turn when that person becomes champ. I hope that doesn't happen to McIntyre.

Becky is still the best female on the roster. Fire on the mic, solid in the ring. Its not her fault the women's division is so shallow.
    It's so shallow in part because they rely on the same players- Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha and Becky can get added to that bunch. Asuka was there for a time as well. So moving Charlotte to NXT, even temporarily, allows them the chance to add depth to the current RAW and Smackdown rosters. And people are going to complain about that?

In what world is AEW legit compared to WWE? I only watched the first episode and haven't gone back. I'm certainly not writing it off automatically like Jim Cornette probably is due to his hatred of The Elite, but it's not sunshine and rainbows of wrestling either. They are doing some dreadful stuff too.

I started watching NXT and AEW around the same time. NXT is the far superior brand. Jericho is the only thing that keeps me coming back and the women's division... man, it's not even close. Not sure what AEW is doing there.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    It's so shallow in part because they rely on the same players- Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha and Becky can get added to that bunch. Asuka was there for a time as well. So moving Charlotte to NXT, even temporarily, allows them the chance to add depth to the current RAW and Smackdown rosters. And people are going to complain about that?
    The problem is the rest of the division is not over. There's really no push for anyone. Mandy Rose is probably the most over female on the main roster not named Becky and that's because so many people love Otis. Shame she's going to turn heel on him eventually lol. Mandy is hot af too but her wrestling skills are mediocre at best.

You're right they turn to the same players all the time but I understand why they do. The best female wrestling is on NXT and I don't think they are going to rush to move them up now that they are fighting with AEW on Wednesdays. I love Rhea, Bianca, etc. Bazler is a mean ***** too.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The problem is the rest of the division is not over. There's really no push for anyone. Mandy Rose is probably the most over female on the main roster not named Becky and that's because so many people love Otis. Shame she's going to turn heel on him eventually lol. Mandy is hot af too but her wrestling skills are mediocre at best.

You're right they turn to the same players all the time but I understand why they do. The best female wrestling is on NXT and I don't think they are going to rush to move them up now that they are fighting with AEW on Wednesdays. I love Rhea, Bianca, etc. Bazler is a mean ***** too.
    The division is top heavy and I think that's why most wrestling companies have a mid card title. It allows you to have your champion do more than just win the title and then lose it at the next PPV to the next champion. It lets people work and compete against others and beat them without having to either go fight the champion or fall back to losing.

I'm going to propose something and I'm curious how well (poorly) it will go over. Bring back a title like the European title and make it a mid card women's title. You could establish a different one, but I don't know what you would call it. It's a shame that TNA has the name Knockouts because that is such a great name for a woman's title. It is respectful to the women for their sexuality and fighting prowess.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The division is top heavy and I think that's why most wrestling companies have a mid card title. It allows you to have your champion do more than just win the title and then lose it at the next PPV to the next champion. It lets people work and compete against others and beat them without having to either go fight the champion or fall back to losing.

I'm going to propose something and I'm curious how well (poorly) it will go over. Bring back a title like the European title and make it a mid card women's title. You could establish a different one, but I don't know what you would call it. It's a shame that TNA has the name Knockouts because that is such a great name for a woman's title. It is respectful to the women for their sexuality and fighting prowess.
    There's no reason why they couldn't have an intercontinental title for the women. But then there would be confusion I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    There's no reason why they couldn't have an intercontinental title for the women. But then there would be confusion I'm sure.
    I dont think the division needs more titles. The IC belt for the men means almost nothing at this point and we've seen how the WWE has used the tag team women's titles to put some of the women over .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast