Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doncic

Doncic

the dude is amazing but does anyone else feel like he is falling into harden bad habits? He is starting to shoot insane amounts and relies a ton on that step back 3 which tbh isnt a good shot for him to be taking and he takes it a ton... the sky is the limit and i had him right there with giannis behind lebron for the mvp but now i feel like his bad habits are actually starting to cost them games.... tonight he was fine offensively but horrid defensively and the suns just went to town... Is his shot selection an issue esp since he has shown he can flat out do so much from anywhere not just behind the 3 point line?

I'm never going to complain about a second-year player costing a non-championship contender games. He's taking those shots now so he can make them later. Anything he needs to do for development purposes right now, I'm fine with.
    POOP

All I saw was "with Giannis BEHIND Lebron for MVP".

Never change.

Luka is 20 years old and the leader of the top rated offense in the NBA. He's doing just fine.

Blame the talking heads.

There are a lot of people that truly believe jacking over nine 3s a night at 32% is better than ever taking a mid range jumper.

I'd rather a star player who's more self aware of his own strengths and weaknesses. EFG% be damned, I'd rather a guy take more 2PT field goals that he can make. There's a higher chance he's fouled constantly attacking the paint. I can always surround that player with shooters if they're a willing passer rather than tell them the shoot it "bEcAuSe It cOunTs aS 3"

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    All I saw was "with Giannis BEHIND Lebron for MVP".

Never change.

Luka is 20 years old and the leader of the top rated offense in the NBA. He's doing just fine.

right now id probably go

lebron
    giannis

everyone else really. I have no issues is giannis wins it... what lebron is doing and how little depth the lakers have losing him would be much worse then if the bucks lost giannis for any amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Blame the talking heads.

There are a lot of people that truly believe jacking over nine 3s a night at 32% is better than ever taking a mid range jumper.

I'd rather a star player who's more self aware of his own strengths and weaknesses. EFG% be damned, I'd rather a guy take more 2PT field goals that he can make. There's a higher chance he's fouled constantly attacking the paint. I can always surround that player with shooters if they're a willing passer rather than tell them the shoot it "bEcAuSe It cOunTs aS 3"
    yup... dont get the crap with the 3s esp for a guy like doncic and even harden... they get foul calls.. they can drive.. they have ultimate range so a long 2 is actually a good shot... cant understand how its cool to shoot 20 plus times every game with half the shots from 3 while avg like 32 pct and think its a good thing

id love to know the shooting pct for step back 3s from harden and doncic... just seems dumb to me

harden used to low key suck on those step backs a few years ago too. this is better than never trying ala ur boi BS

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    right now id probably go

lebron
    giannis

everyone else really. I have no issues is giannis wins it... what lebron is doing and how little depth the lakers have losing him would be much worse then if the bucks lost giannis for any amount of time.
    The real order is Giannis.... Massive gap... Luka/Harden/LeBron in the order of your choosing. I understand your bias, but LeBron would not have 1/10th the 1st place votes of Giannis if the voting finished today, and would be unlikely to finish 2nd. Rightfully so. He has not been on Giannis' level.

FYI current odds would pay you $800 gross on a $100 LeBron to win MVP bet if he took it down. Same $100 bet would gross a total of $150 for Giannis.

That says everything as to how hilariously skewed your perception is from reality. But by all means, put down that chedda.

FYI left the site because the quality is **** and I am simply too busy. This site is dead, and I will never again be a regular poster here again.

I'd love to say it was great at the peak, but it wasn't. Move on kids.

Honestly same here. I'm going to call it quits on regular posting. I'll stop in once every few months to post team forum only.

Too many unamusing trolls and ignorant mods.

FYI left the site because the quality is **** and I am simply too busy. This site is dead, and I will never again be a regular poster here again.

I'd love to say it was great at the peak, but it wasn't. Move on kids.
    damn hope it wasnt me lolol... nothing but love for ya.

beasted as well.

The real order is Giannis.... Massive gap... Luka/Harden/LeBron in the order of your choosing. I understand your bias, but LeBron would not have 1/10th the 1st place votes of Giannis if the voting finished today, and would be unlikely to finish 2nd. Rightfully so. He has not been on Giannis' level.
    But you would have to of completely abandoned your stance from last year of RPM being the best stat for you to believe this when it depicted Curry at #1.

Why hath thow abandoned thow stance from last year that thow preacheth to me so vigorously? I donít understand how a man of your consistency and honor who preached rpm when Curry was leading Giannis by .01 for the lead, would abandone the stat completely when Bron leads the league by 2-3 on any given week? Why oh great one, why?

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    But you would have to of completely abandoned your stance from last year of RPM being the best stat for you to believe this when it depicted Curry at #1.

Why hath thow abandoned thow stance from last year that thow preacheth to me so vigorously? I donít understand how a man of your consistency and honor who preached rpm when Curry was leading Giannis by .01 for the lead, would abandone the stat completely when Bron leads the league by 2-3 on any given week? Why oh great one, why?
    also factor in the insane depth and all around perfect team around giannis compared to lebron... lebron on the bucks my god... lebron is doing what he is doing in his 16th year with AD and nothing else.

^^ Dude was quoting Vegas odds pretty accurately. I don't care who wins reg season MVP.

Luka is a great story, heard a comparison to Larry Bird recently on NBA Radio

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast