Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bowden: NL GMs believe the DH will be instituted as early as 2021

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Yeah, not sure it's a good thing. I have always weighed up the pros and cons.

21 NL teams have won the WS, and 25 AL teams have won, since the DL has come in. So not as dominant as you'd expect. I can see the positives, sure. I mean, many times the Pitcher is just an easy out and an inning killer. However, the joy of seeing a pitcher hit a Home Run is incredible. I'm not too sure, i'm conflicted. One hand, the MLB needs to move forward to keep up, and make games somehow have more runs, yet protect pitchers. Maybe having a League wide DL rule does this, but i'm not sure.

Something does need to change in baseball to keep kids interest. If this is it, time will tell.

No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

Considering its going to happen, might as well get it done sooner than later. This issue comes up constantly and its super annoying at this point. Either pull the trigger or don't.

What about getting rid of the DH altogether but adding a 26th guy for all rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    What about getting rid of the DH altogether but adding a 26th guy for all rosters.
    Theyre adding a 26th roster spot this all year coming season.

hell yea... time to spend more money : )

move hoskins to dh

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I would rather get rid of the DH altogether than to have the DH in the NL.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I think it is time. The more I think about it, the less I see an issue. The MLB needs to change to move forward, and the DH League wide would increase runs and excitement for the fans. As much as I, and many here, love a pitching duel, the fans want to see offense. Besides, gives guys who are getting up there in years, to have a role in the MLB. I remember saying when Pujols signed with the Angels with that being such a long contract, the DH rule has played a role there. Having one eye on the future. And that it probably cost a NL team such as the Cubs the chance to sign him. I stand by that.

I used to hate the idea of the DH in the NL but it's time. Sure it's fun to see a pitcher get a hit and all that crap and the double switch adds a layer of strategy to the game. But is it really worth seeing pitchers get out 9 times out of 10?

It's time to get some more offense with an easy fix, so the DH makes sense. I wish there was some more strategy involved still, but the little bit of strategy isn't worth the garbage at bats pitchers out up 2-4 times a game.

Ive always been a proponent for either no DH in the game or DH in both leagues. I think its absolutely moronic an entire sport has different roster set ups split between leagues.

Just do it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I would rather get rid of the DH altogether than to have the DH in the NL.
    In a lot of cases, the NL teams are asking players to do what they have not done since high school, or possibly before that. Many pitchers don't even hit in high school. They concentrate on pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    In a lot of cases, the NL teams are asking players to do what they have not done since high school, or possibly before that. Many pitchers don't even hit in high school. They concentrate on pitching.
    It seems bizarre to expect pitchers to hit in the 2020's.

I'm totally fine with the two leagues having this odd discrepancy between each other but am much less against the DH coming to the NL now that Bumgarner is no longer a Giant.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by stejay View Post
    It seems bizarre to expect pitchers to hit in the 2020's.
    It seems bizarre to expect my coworkers to want me to wear pants in the 2020s.

Also fire Manfred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast