Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jags to try and trade Nick Foles

The Jaguars are moving forward with Minshew as their starter and are looking to trade Foles. The problem is that his contract is ridiculously bad and it's a saturated QB free agent class. Will they have to do what the Texans did with Brock and give up picks to unload a bad contract? Will a team willingly trade for him?

bdawk in shambles if the trade doesn't go down.

Maybe Buccs?
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler and Dan Graziano, “word is the Jaguars want to go with Gardner Minshew as their starting quarterback and, ideally, find a trade partner for Foles.” The ESPN Insider report mentions the Indianapolis Colts as a potential landing spot for the Super Bowl LI MVP.

But is the best spot for him? Will Jacksonville be willing to deal him within the division?

The idea behind Foles going to Indianapolis is he would be reunited with his former Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich, who will be entering his third season as the Colts’ head coach. Together, they helped the Eagles win Super Bowl 51 over the New England Patriots in improbable fashion. The schematic fit is there, but do the Colts want to take on this much salary?

Indianapolis is swimming in cap space with roughly $86.1 million for 2020. Only the Miami Dolphins have more available cap space than the Colts. So Indianapolis could handle a contract seemingly as immovable the one Jacksonville has on its hands with Foles. However, they still have Jacoby Brissett on the books for 2020, who carries a $12.5 million dead cap hit.

https://fansided.com/2020/03/02/nick...-colts-eagles/

Bonus:

Surely, there are other teams that could have interest in Foles. Perhaps a return to the City of Brotherly Love for a third time could be in the mix? Eagles starter Carson Wentz is talented, but is injury prone. Plus, Foles did star in Doug Pederson‘s offense when called up in 2017 and, to some extent, 2018. Overall, bringing Foles back would be welcomed, but it would be awkward for Wentz.

Another team that could be in the market is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, especially if they move off Jameis Winston. Tampa Bay has the third-most available cap space at roughly $85 million. Foles may not turn the ball over as often as Winston, so a deal to Tampa Bay could work. However, Foles only feels like a slight upgrade over the Mike Glennon experiment, whose best skill is being tall.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    bdawk in shambles if the trade doesn't go down.

Maybe Buccs?
    Eagles fans have always been in denial about Foles lol.

I could see the Colts as a landing spot for him with Frank Reich over there. But I'm guessing that the Jags would have to give more compensation than the Colts simply because of his contract

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Eagles fans have always been in denial about Foles lol.

I could see the Colts as a landing spot for him with Frank Reich over there. But I'm guessing that the Jags would have to give more compensation than the Colts simply because of his contract
    I wonder if the Colts and Jags could somehow swap Foles and Brissett to even out the cap thing. Brissett might be a better backup for Minshew.

-Scott van Pelt

Personally, I’d love to see Foles in Indy. Great fit. Jags starting Gardner would be an indication they are tanking for 21.

Personally, I’d love to see Foles in Indy. Great fit. Jags starting Gardner would be an indication they are tanking for 21.
    I don't know how you can see that... They should be tanking but statistically Foles would be the better QB to tank with

The Jaguars are moving forward with Minshew as their starter and are looking to trade Foles. The problem is that his contract is ridiculously bad and it's a saturated QB free agent class. Will they have to do what the Texans did with Brock and give up picks to unload a bad contract? Will a team willingly trade for him?
    I had a feeling this was going to happen . But I can’t see another team taking on that contract . I wonder if he would take a pay cut to go back to philly . It’s where he’s valued the most even if it’s in a backup roll .

Foles with Frankie is actually pretty solid.

#24ever

The Eagles should trade for him. I hear their regular guy is always getting hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philly is really the only spot that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Foles with Frankie is actually pretty solid.
    For sure.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

I don't know how you can see that... They should be tanking but statistically Foles would be the better QB to tank with
    Foles got hurt, it happens. He's the better QB of the two though.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

come again? how is Foles the better QB to tank with..inferring he'd generate fewer wins...
    What they're looking at is giving Minshew another year to see if HE'S their long term answer or if they need to draft a QB high in '21. Noone ever expected that Foles would be anyone's long term answer- a 2-3 yr guy tops
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    come again? how is Foles the better QB to tank with..inferring he'd generate fewer wins...
    What they're looking at is giving Minshew another year to see if HE'S their long term answer or if they need to draft a QB high in '21. Noone ever expected that Foles would be anyone's long term answer- a 2-3 yr guy tops
    Would you rather your QB have a 1.3/1 TD/Int ratio or a 3.5/1? Would you want your QB to have a passer rating in the 90's or in the 80's. A TD% of 4.5 or 2.6? A record of 0-4 or a record of 6-6? No matter how you slice it, Minshew was the better player last year.

Of course they're giving Minshew this year to see if he's "The guy"... But this is about then realizing that Foles was not the guy they hoped he was.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast