Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Only if they're good at football.
    They can just about write their own names in crayon in fairness.

No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    you have friends that are cops, your grandfather was a trooper.....but most cops have a middle school reading level?
    The friends I have that are cops aren't the brightest. One probably struggles to spell his own name, the other spent 6 years at a community college before getting an associate's in criminal justice. My grandfather was a farmer on the side and most of his life. I'm obviously most biased towards him and he was very wise but probably not the most intelligent; he also retired early because of how corrupt his department had become.

About one third (30.2 percent) of police officers in the United States have a four-year college degree. A little more than half (51.8 percent) have a two-year degree, while 5.4 percent have a graduate degree. Leaves 12.6% with high school or lower.
    Phew, those criminal justice degrees are impressive. I take back everything, cops are clearly among the most brilliant in our society.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

If you or anyone you knew actually had any rights infringed on, it would be great because that is a slam dunk multimillion dollar lawsuit that would set you up for life.

But in reality you haven't and Hunt hasn't. Self-described "sovereign citizens" see themselves as answerable only to their particular interpretation of the common law and as not subject to any government statutes or proceedings.
    Do you know what the term common law means?

Not talking to cops as to avoid self-incrimination or not voluntarily allowing searches is not a "particular interpretation of the common law".

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    The friends I have that are cops aren't the brightest. One probably struggles to spell his own name, the other spent 6 years at a community college before getting an associate's in criminal justice. My grandfather was a farmer on the side and most of his life. I'm obviously most biased towards him and he was very wise but probably not the most intelligent; he also retired early because of how corrupt his department had become.

Phew, those criminal justice degrees are impressive. I take back everything, cops are clearly among the most brilliant in our society.
    You realize those percentages pretty much mirror the country as a whole, right? Why should police officers as a group be more educated than the rest of the population?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by stejay View Post
    In fairness, Hunt also stated he wouldn't pass a breathalyzer, so there is also that. The cop definitely used discretion and sounds like a Browns fan. If he wasn't THE Kareem Hunt, he would not have been awarded that liberty more than likely.
    I must have missed that in the dialogue. If that's the case then I probably would have handled things a bit differently.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    A lot of states also have plain view laws that if there’s something in plain sight, the cop is allowed to search the car with no warrant. So if the bottle of vodka was in plain sight and open, the cop would reasonably be allowed to search the car.
    Yeah every state is different. In the NJ the scent of marijuana is enough for a vehicle search. No consent needed.

Point to where he said he'd fail a breathalizer......I think that's an incorrect inference from this sequence
    O: And here's the other thing too... umm, when you go back to your car, the vodka you got in there?

K: Yeah.

O: That was in your backpack, I mean clearly the vodka was you know, in the back seat, in the bakpack, umm, stuff like that you shouldn't have any kind of open container of liquor.

K: Even if I was like, taking it?

O: Yeah, it's basically another ticket that we could give you.

K: I've never failed any of my drug tests in the NFL.

O: But if I were to call down there now, and they came out and tested you, or they sent you for a test, you're probably gonna fail right?

K: I mean yes sir, it's the offseason, sorry I was having a good time.

The officer had brought up the vodka, but Kareem had said he hadn't failed a drug test just before the officer asked if he'd fail. The word breathalizer appears nowhere in that dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I must have missed that in the dialogue. If that's the case then I probably would have handled things a bit differently.

Yeah every state is different. In the NJ the scent of marijuana is enough for a vehicle search. No consent needed.
    He never said he wouldn’t pass a breathalyzer. Reading comprehension is something many on psd struggle with.

NFL needs to get over this weed crap. More important issues to deal with. So lame seeing people complain about Weed. move on. Now if it was a hard drug, or he's wasted etc... yes that's a problem. Weed? common. If we suspended every player in the NFL who smokes none of us would watch.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    NFL needs to get over this weed crap. More important issues to deal with. So lame seeing people complain about Weed. move on. Now if it was a hard drug, or he's wasted etc... yes that's a problem. Weed? common. If we suspended every player in the NFL who smokes none of us would watch.
    If it's still illegal in a state, law kinda overrules what the NFL's wishes are.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    If it's still illegal in a state, law kinda overrules what the NFL's wishes are.
    same said for every state where its illegal. But the NFL still needs to do their part and take away punishments for this.

Im sure this was talked about but this is 6 pages long now. Why did the cop search Hunts car? The vodka I heard was inside a backpack. unless the weed was visible or smelled the cop can't search.

Im sure this was talked about but this is 6 pages long now. Why did the cop search Hunts car? The vodka I heard was inside a backpack. unless the weed was visible or smelled the cop can't search.
    We don't know for sure the why....given Hunt seemed more concerned about the weed, MY assumption (but only that) is that the cop smelled weed and therefore had justification for the search.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    He never said he wouldn’t pass a breathalyzer. Reading comprehension is something many on psd struggle with.
    Yeah you always admit to "taking vodka". It's called reading between the lines. Try it.

No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

Quote Originally Posted by stejay View Post
    Yeah you always admit to "taking vodka". It's called reading between the lines. Try it.
    So, as I said, he never said he couldn’t pass a breathalyzer. Glad we got that cleared up.

Hunt gave the cop permission to search his car.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast