Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Should go by where ur caught if anything. If charges are filed against you theres ur problem. If no charges are filed and no drug test failed not sure how the NFL can get involved.
    Or, you know, they could keep it the way it us until there is a uniform law across all 50 states. Otherwise where do you stop? City by City? What if something is legal in another country that isn't here, should the punishment only apply if it's law in the country it happened in?

I mean....let's start with it's not hard to not break the law. Its even easier to pass the NFL drug test given you know exactly when it starts and the window they test in.

NFL: oh umm, well ur suspended anyway. Oh hey Rudolph what happen? You overdosed on every drug known to man? thats ok come give me a hug.
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by stejay View Post
    Well this is the overreaction of the day.....
    it's not even a slight overreaction.

we have known for years how helpful weed is for many various issues with no chance of overdose and no chance of addiction.

yet it's still stigmatized for some stupid *** reason, and SIGNIFICANTLY more dangerous drugs are given instead.

how many people throughout the years could have lived better lives if they got marijuana instead of things like oxy.

it's completely ****ing ridiculous that we still haven't moved past this as a society
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Hmmm, but there is a difference from banned from doing while working and banned from using, no? Like if you work for a place that says you can't do it while working but there's no drug test, that tells me that you can still do it. If you work for a place that says you can't do it while working, and it's tested for, that tells me you can't do it at all.

All in all though the reason I see the standards being loosened but not lifted completely is it's still illegal in some states. Why would it be right to say no suspensions will happen when a guy playing in Texas can be arrested for having 2 grams and miss games while a guy playing in Denver gets nothing for the same exact thing just based on state laws? That's why I'm a bit against the idea of pushing back on the rules completely. The flexible legality of the states choice unfairly punishes some players based on where they play.
    this is the dumbest ****ing logic ever and I'm tired of it.

weed is SIGNIFICANTLY more healthy and less dangerous than every single alternative.

how about we stop making asinine rules against using it.

it. is. completely. ****ing. ridiculous.

it is IMMORAL that weed is still illegal anywhere

instead of arguing "just follow the rules", how about everyone push back that such immoral and ******** laws and rules even exist
    Last edited by basch152; 01-31-2020 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post

weed is SIGNIFICANTLY more healthy and less dangerous than every single alternative.

instead of arguing "just follow the rules", how about everyone push back that such immoral and ******** laws and rules even exist
    it's not even a slight overreaction.

we have known for years how helpful weed is for many various issues with no chance of overdose and no chance of addiction.

yet it's still stigmatized for some stupid *** reason, and SIGNIFICANTLY more dangerous drugs are given instead.

how many people throughout the years could have lived better lives if they got marijuana instead of things like oxy.

it's completely ****ing ridiculous that we still haven't moved past this as a society
    Well, this guy clearly sells weed...... like an infomercial

No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

Push back on immoral laws? Really? What's immoral about not allowing weed? Do you know what immoral means? Try opening a dictionary and looking it up. Doesn't mean what you think it does bud....

No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

Ok.....I'm not arguing if it should be illegal or not. I'm arguing that as long as it is, there's going to be employers that test for it and expect you to follow the law. I don't see that the issue really is there.

Push back on immoral laws? Really? What's immoral about not allowing weed? Do you know what immoral means? Try opening a dictionary and looking it up. Doesn't mean what you think it does bud....
    Yea, I'm not sure what he's really even arguing there. I don't care if it's legal or not. But since it is illegal, I'll never get broken hearted over a guy not playing because he couldn't follow the law. Sure a hel of a lot better to have a few weeks off compared to the alternate.

Ok.....I'm not arguing if it should be illegal or not. I'm arguing that as long as it is, there's going to be employers that test for it and expect you to follow the law. I don't see that the issue really is there.
    ah, but the league only tests once at the beginning of the year if you've not given them reason to test more, right? by your own logic that means they're fine with players smoking the rest of the year as long as they're not caught

Currently, while more and more states are legalizing, the feds have not....which even just from a financial standpoint has been short sighted for years because they could have cleared off significant national debt by creating a tax base from the sale of it. But, big money is big power and big pharma is worried about the money they'd lose if their ARTIFICIAL drugs aren't used as much while this NATURAL drug increases in usage.

....and that doesn't even get into the financial SAVINGS for law enforcement and the corrections system

but NFL policy and NFL contracts are filled with things that are legal for the rest of us, against contractual obligations for players........i.e. those who have it written right in their contracts that they can't ride motorcycles, for example..which means any time of the year while the contract is in force. Contracts DON't however generally have language about pot specifically because it's league wide policy........which flips us back to, if they only test once, do they really care the rest of the year
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Yea, I'm not sure what he's really even arguing there. I don't care if it's legal or not. But since it is illegal, I'll never get broken hearted over a guy not playing because he couldn't follow the law. Sure a hel of a lot better to have a few weeks off compared to the alternate.
    He's probably arguing that it's immoral because it's a harmless plant with medicinal properties. It's immoral to make people use pharmaceuticals with crazy side effects and dependencies when many people would be better pff with marijuana.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    ah, but the league only tests once at the beginning of the year if you've not given them reason to test more, right? by your own logic that means they're fine with players smoking the rest of the year as long as they're not caught
    They test once a year....if you aren't in the program. The NFL also treats getting caught possessing at any time as a positive test (what happened to Bell and Blount). I'm not saying they are fine, you're misapplying my statement there. My statement is as long as it's illegal somewhere the business operates, they have the right to test and apply punishment. The logistics of how they test is up to them.

I always think about it this way: Players jokingly call the drug testing the "stupidity test". They actually don't mind this test because you literally have to be stupid to fail it.

Currently, while more and more states are legalizing, the feds have not....which even just from a financial standpoint has been short sighted for years because they could have cleared off significant national debt by creating a tax base from the sale of it. But, big money is big power and big pharma is worried about the money they'd lose if their ARTIFICIAL drugs aren't used as much while this NATURAL drug increases in usage.

....and that doesn't even get into the financial SAVINGS for law enforcement and the corrections system
    Like I asked the other poster, what does the states choices of what they do with their laws have to do with the opinion that it's not hard to not break the law? Again I don't give two ***** if it's legal or not. I think a certain amount should be legal and it should be heavily taxed to fight harder drugs and cartels. But this isn't the place for this type of argument.

As long as they want to the NFL holds the right to test should they want to. And they also hold the right to punish players who break the law. And as of right now, weed is illegal in more states than it isn't.

but NFL policy and NFL contracts are filled with things that are legal for the rest of us, against contractual obligations for players........i.e. those who have it written right in their contracts that they can't ride motorcycles, for example..which means any time of the year while the contract is in force. Contracts DON't however generally have language about pot specifically because it's league wide policy........which flips us back to, if they only test once, do they really care the rest of the year
    Ok? My work contract has me potentially fired for a lot of things that are legal for most people too. That's the nature of right to work or contracted work. I would bet if you asked, certainly they care any time of the year. It's CBA agreed to for the testing time.

But again this has little to do with what I'm saying:
    Weed is still illegal in many states. I see no problem with the NFL saying, "Hey since no everyone can do it, no one can." Like I asked, what happens when they decide they aren't going to test anymore and it's still illegal in some states? Say a player from the Panthers is pulled over and there's a gram in their car in NC (weed is still illegal there) and they get jail time vs a player with the Seahawks getting pulled over with a gram in their car in WA and there's no punishment? Are you ok with a player getting differential treatment to missing games just based on where they happen to play?

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He's probably arguing that it's immoral because it's a harmless plant with medicinal properties. It's immoral to make people use pharmaceuticals with crazy side effects and dependencies when many people would be better pff with marijuana.
    Fair enough. Still doesn't change my argument though that it's not hard to not break the law.

should the punishment only apply if it's law in the country it happened in?

I mean....let's start with it's not hard to not break the law.
    if you commit a crime in a state but leave that state i believe once caught they take back to that state right? so ya to ur first part.

if its legal in that state then its not against the law.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Well, this guy clearly sells weed...... like an infomercial
    I never smoked or sold weed but i agree with him. its dumb that weed is illegal. i mean really really stupid. Pills are so much worse.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

if you commit a crime in a state but leave that state i believe once caught they take back to that state right? so ya to ur first part.

if its legal in that state then its not against the law.
    Of course, however the NFL's drug testing is about leveling the playing field.

Either way, pot is currently illegal in Ohio, so Hunt should be lucky that the worst case for him right now is being put in the NFL's drug testing system and not in jail.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast