Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 156
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,473
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Think you have that backwards. 98% of cops suck.
    I don't believe that for a second. I've gotten to know a lot of them over the years (used to manage a bar for one) and, while there are some I didn't want to be friends with, very few would I say 'suck'
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't believe that for a second. I've gotten to know a lot of them over the years (used to manage a bar for one) and, while there are some I didn't want to be friends with, very few would I say 'suck'
    But it's fashionable to hate cops.....


    No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

    https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

    https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    85,538
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    This is true but itís the secondary issue at hand here. The real take here is Hunt is an idiot.
    Also true.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    85,538
    There are ****** people in all professions.

    Not all professions have the type of authority and lethal weapons as cops do.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,473
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    There are ****** people in all professions.

    Not all professions have the type of authority and lethal weapons as cops do.
    exactly, whatever profession any of us are in, we see crap people every day.....most of us just don't work where those crap people make the headlines
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    16,260
    Quote Originally Posted by stejay View Post
    This one may have saved Hunt his career.
    How? Hunt may still be charged with possession and/or lose his job.

    The point is that you don't even talk to "good cops", voluntarily let them search your car, say that you "probably would fail a drug test", ...

    For all we know the "concerned Browns fan" may have just been a schtick to gain Hunt's trust.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    How? Hunt may still be charged with possession and/or lose his job.

    The point is that you don't even talk to "good cops", voluntarily let them search your car, say that you "probably would fail a drug test", ...

    For all we know the "concerned Browns fan" may have just been a schtick to gain Hunt's trust.
    For not arresting him on the spot. Or making him take a breathalyzer test. Because Hunt may have gone a mile down the road and done a Donte Stallworth. That's why. There is a high chance Hunt keeps his job. If he hurts someone because he is under the influence, then that's not only his career, but a life ruined. You have probably the worst take i have ever seen, and on here that is saying something. Just awful. I hope you never have to deal with the aftermath of a DUI, and you can stay ignorant forever.

    Imagine being so ignorant and have a hatred so deep for cops, you become a DUI apologist. Unbelievable I have seen it all.


    No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

    https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

    https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    16,260
    Quote Originally Posted by stejay View Post
    For not arresting him on the spot. Or making him take a breathalyzer test. Because Hunt may have gone a mile down the road and done a Donte Stallworth. That's why. There is a high chance Hunt keeps his job. If he hurts someone because he is under the influence, then that's not only his career, but a life ruined. You have probably the worst take i have ever seen, and on here that is saying something. Just awful. I hope you never have to deal with the aftermath of a DUI, and you can stay ignorant forever.

    Imagine being so ignorant and have a hatred so deep for cops, you become a DUI apologist. Unbelievable I have seen it all.
    I'm not "a DUI apologist". There is simply no evidence that Hunt was DUI.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,110
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    The title of this thread is misleading. There is no proof that Hunt was drunk or high. I'm not saying he wasn't because he may have been. Just because he had an open container doesn't mean he was drinking it that night. Just because he had weed in his possession doesn't mean he was high at the time of the traffic stop. All he said was that he would fail a test if given one. He could have smoked earlier in the day or the day before for all we know. That would still result in a failed test.
    It isn't directly stated but it is heavily implied that the vodka bottle was open in the cupholder and the cop moved it to his backpack so he wouldn't have to arrest him. The cop tells him in the transcript "hey I found this in your bag" so that Hunt would take the hint and say "oh yeah it was in my bag". You don't give leading information like that in an interrogation unless you're helping the perp.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I'm not "a DUI apologist". There is simply no evidence that Hunt was DUI.
    Only apart from having an open vodka bottle and admitting he would fail any sobriety tests. Apart from them, you are correct. Because the officer let his fandom get in the way by helping Hunt out, we could have had a needless, senseless tragedy. And yet, thats ok. Because you should never talk to cops? That's the takeaway here? Really?


    No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

    https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

    https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

  11. #56
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    16,260
    Quote Originally Posted by stejay View Post
    Only apart from having an open vodka bottle and admitting he would fail any sobriety tests. Apart from them, you are correct. Because the officer let his fandom get in the way by helping Hunt out, we could have had a needless, senseless tragedy. And yet, thats ok. Because you should never talk to cops? That's the takeaway here? Really?
    The cop pulls a bottle of vodka out of Hunt's bag and you believe he was driving drunk.

    Like do you not see what's going on here?
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-28-2020 at 11:41 AM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    85,538
    Quote Originally Posted by stejay View Post
    In fairness, Hunt also stated he wouldn't pass a breathalyzer, so there is also that. The cop definitely used discretion and sounds like a Browns fan. If he wasn't THE Kareem Hunt, he would not have been awarded that liberty more than likely.
    He didn't say he wouldn't pass a breathalyzer.

    He said he would fail a drug test, which doesn't prove anything, given the length of time it stays in the system.

    There isn't any evidence that he was drunk or high. At least not given the information that we have here.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,778
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    No, lol. Like a lawyer on retainer basically any time they get pulled over and are at risk of getting in trouble. Each state has different laws on what you're obligated to do when pulled over, so he could do the bare minimum and refuse the cop permission to search without a warrant.

    The way he's rambling like an idiot, I'm sure he's drunk, but you never ever give a cop any extra permissions than you are legally obligated to. I once found myself being harassed by a dbag cop and knew I had nothing to worry about so I let him invade my vehicle without a warrant so he'd leave me alone, and sure enough he finds old rolling papers in my trunk and then tears my car apart, calls a K9 unit and I'm stuck there for hours until a decent cop told him to **** off.

    I recently went to court over a car wreck and there was a dude there who got pulled over with a friend and gave the cop permission to search his vehicle, the cop then snags the friend's bookbag off his back (that he didn't give permission to search), finds a joint, and arrests them both. Thankfully the judge threw the case out because of some technical **** up the cop did while administering a swab test.

    Tl;dr: cops aren't your friend.
    That's crazy man, and reminds me of an incident I had when I was about 20 in 2007.

    I'm black and was wearing a du rag driving a '99 explorer (which was typically associated with gangsters at the time) so I probably fit that profile when I stopped at a light and looked at a bunch of cop cars and officers who had pulled over another car in the next lane. That's when I learned my first lesson: never look at the cops, just stare straight ahead.

    When the light turned green, one of the cars had already swung behind me and pulled me over. This one cop told me my license was suspended and asked consent to search my car but said he could search it anyway. I said I don't know how it's suspended and said yes because I was terrified and wanted to comply. They had me get out the car, and pinned me against the back of my car while they searched it. The one cop asked me multiple times while he had me pinned, "You got any funny stuff?" even though I answered "No" each time. They basically trashed my car and then told me that my license had shown as suspended but they discovered it wasn't, and I was free to go. I was just happy to get away from them.

    Anyway, yes... some of them can be awful and very abusive and one should definitely know their rights. A license suspension in Ohio grants them the right to search the car, but the fact that they lied about my suspension to get my consent I'm sure was something I could have pursued.
    Last edited by Vee-Rex; 01-28-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The cop pulls a bottle of vodka out of Hunt's bag and you believe he was driving drunk.

    Like do you not see what's going on here?
    And what's that? All I see is a very very lucky young man, who should have been taken in considering what they had on him. But hey, you do you.

    So what is it you see? If this was a plant, then he gets arrested. No point in letting him go if this is a plant. All I, and anyone not you or BDawk4Prez sees is someone who should have been taken in, if not as a precaution. At least be made to do a breathalyzer. But yeah, the police are at fault. You are correct.


    No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

    https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

    https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,778
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    in no job/career is that certain... every career job has the 1 pct..... it sucks but the majority of the time you you arent a pos criminal you wont be treated like one by most cops.
    I don't know, man. I get that most cops are probably good people but there's a lot of profiling that takes place. I've got stories and I've never done anything wrong, but just because I fit a 'profile' cops have been awful to me.

    And that's just me... I've got family members who have endured similar stuff just because they look a certain way.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •