Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I might watch it, but it might be too hard right now. Still doesn't quite seem possible that he's gone.
    I already watched it this morning, seems unreal, seems like he's still with us, I have to read again about his death every time to realize it.

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

It's so hard to work today...

As a father of girls, die hard laker fan, love movies, and born in august, needless to say there's a ton I can relate w/... This has hit me pretty hard.

I still have kobe's last game on my DVR... but i'll see if I can watch this tonight. Luckily I'm off tomorrow.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Iím definitely watching and completely be in tears... lol Iím sure itís going to be a special tribute and everything
    Yeah, I'll probably watch.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I admire your strength to always post your opinions which sometimes are not popular but you believe in yourself. Life is a balance my man and we have to manage that the best we can. I too have lost a daughter and I truly feel for you bro. I also understand about the numbness part. But when I was 25 pulling my best friend out of a failed mission knowing that we were not going to make it, I made a promise to myself to not take life so seriously and enjoy as many things as possible because itís just too damn short. I got lucky and I am here today but never take a day for granted. But I admire your opinion. Itís takes guts to say what you just said.
    Very well said man. Thank you for reminding us what's truly important in life.

I am sorry to hear about you're loss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I already watched it this morning, seems unreal, seems like he's still with us, I have to read again about his death every time to realize it.
    Yeah, even when I read it I have to convince myself that it's real because it seems like it can't be because he was just here.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Theyíll be airing Kobeís final game tonight at 6pm PST on ESPN
    Damn, this means I'm going to break down in front of my son again two days in a row LOL. I'm going to use this as a teaching moment for him on not taking anyone for granted. Hopefully it will have an affect on him, with him seeing me emotional for the first time from his perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    Very well said man. Thank you for reminding us what's truly important in life.

I am sorry to hear about you're loss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks bro. Appreciated it. I hope to see you at Staples in April with us also. I think you live relatively close to LA. I'll keep you posted once Iron makes a commitment on the date and the game.

The pilot flying Kobe Bryant and seven others Sunday was given clearance to fly in worse than normal weather conditions, without relying on instruments to guide him,*according to recordings of his communications with air traffic controllers. Shortly before the helicopter crashed, killing everyone on board, the pilot was approved for whatís known as special visual flight rules, according to audio reviewed by The Washington Post. In the recording, the pilot requests to fly under the special conditions.*

Ėvia*Justin George @ Washington Post

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

Thanks bro. Appreciated it. I hope to see you at Staples in April with us also. I think you live relatively close to LA. I'll keep you posted once Iron makes a commitment on the date and the game.
    I can already commit right now, I'm coming from april 4th to april 10th, the game I chose to make it to the staples center is the game against chicago on tuesday april 7th, already bought the tickets.

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, even when I read it I have to convince myself that it's real because it seems like it can't be because he was just here.
    Exactly, still unreal to all of us.

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

Damn, this means I'm going to break down in front of my son again two days in a row LOL. I'm going to use this as a teaching moment for him on not taking anyone for granted. Hopefully it will have an affect on him, with him seeing me emotional for the first time from his perspective.
    That's why it's been hard for me to watch the highlights. Cause you see the fire, the determination. He had this indomitable spirt that gave him a mythic-like aura of invincibility, of being indestructible. We all knew he wasn't because no one is, but he captivated the imagination in a way that made the impossible seem possible. There was that stretch where he kept getting injuries where the prognosis was that he would be out for 6-12 weeks after surgery (I think maybe it was 2012) and he just kept on playing. It happened multiple times throughout his career (during 2011 too I think where he hit several consecutive winning shots (maybe 4 or 5?) and each night it seemed he had a new, more severe injury to go along with the game winner and he just kept on going. It was that type of drive that led to the fierce loyalty the fans have for him and which gave rise to his mystic. Kobe was our hero in la for over 20 years so it makes it hard to watch now knowing that he's gone.

The pilot flying Kobe Bryant and seven others Sunday was given clearance to fly in worse than normal weather conditions, without relying on instruments to guide him,*according to recordings of his communications with air traffic controllers. Shortly before the helicopter crashed, killing everyone on board, the pilot was approved for whatís known as special visual flight rules, according to audio reviewed by The Washington Post. In the recording, the pilot requests to fly under the special conditions.*

Ėvia*Justin George @ Washington Post
    We call it VFR. He was on IFR using his instruments before that. Experienced pilots have no problem doing that. Something else it at rye.

"To Achieve Greatness in this world is to have known Greatness One."

I can already commit right now, I'm coming from april 4th to april 10th, the game I chose to make it to the staples center is the game against chicago on tuesday april 7th, already bought the tickets.
    ok thanks for letting me know. I'll look into tickets at that day. Maybe we can all meet up earlier for dinner around there before the game since most of us will be sitting separately.

"To Achieve Greatness in this world is to have known Greatness One."

We call it VFR. He was on IFR using his instruments before that. Experienced pilots have no problem doing that. Something else it at rye.
    Thanks for the info

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast