Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 873
  1. #781
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    13,480

  2. #782
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,026
    He's trying to show no emotion but we can see how hard his heart is broken.

  3. #783
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,190
    Pau is a great guy. It sucks that a lot of fans turned on him towards the end of his Laker run.

  4. #784
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    13,480
    My favorite Laker of all time. Wish the team decides to retire #16

  5. #785
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,026
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Pau is a great guy. It sucks that a lot of fans turned on him towards the end of his Laker run.
    Agree, but it sucks that Pau stopped to even try playing hard after our repeat.

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,989
    That was very touching. Kobe and Pau were very close so it has to have definitely been very hard on Pau.

  7. #787
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Hollywood
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Agree, but it sucks that Pau stopped to even try playing hard after our repeat.
    True. If I'm not mistaken, he was going through a rough patch with his fiance. Oh yeah, he was part of that Chris Paul trade that Stern vetoed.

    Still, that doesn't excuse his piss poor play against Dallas in 2011. I'm still amazed as to how we didn't throttle them tbh. That team had no business beating us, nevermind sweeping us. Pau's boneheaded plays in game 2 and 4 vs OKC in 2012 completely shifted a very winnable series in OKC's favor.

    Still though, I love Pau and am grateful that he was donning the purple and gold. A breath of fresh air post Kwame/Smush/Mihm days and instrumental for us in 08-10. I say the Lakers should strongly consider retiring his jersey up in the rafters.

  8. #788
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,406
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Pau is a great guy. It sucks that a lot of fans turned on him towards the end of his Laker run.
    Very true. I miss him playing in P and G. Kobeís favorite teammate

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    My favorite Laker of all time. Wish the team decides to retire #16
    I wished that brought him back this year to retire him a Laker but they signed Dwight instead. Which was the right decision but it would have been nice.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  10. #790
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,026
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmLaker View Post
    True. If I'm not mistaken, he was going through a rough patch with his fiance. Oh yeah, he was part of that Chris Paul trade that Stern vetoed.

    Still, that doesn't excuse his piss poor play against Dallas in 2011. I'm still amazed as to how we didn't throttle them tbh. That team had no business beating us, nevermind sweeping us. Pau's boneheaded plays in game 2 and 4 vs OKC in 2012 completely shifted a very winnable series in OKC's favor.

    Still though, I love Pau and am grateful that he was donning the purple and gold. A breath of fresh air post Kwame/Smush/Mihm days and instrumental for us in 08-10. I say the Lakers should strongly consider retiring his jersey up in the rafters.
    That's approximately my thought about him.

  11. #791
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    13,480
    Kobe Bryant: An Immigrantís Hero

    https://lakersoutsiders.com/2020/01/...t-hero-lakers/

  12. #792
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    So true.

    As someone who doesn't live in the US, I can tell you how much he means to us all over the world.

  13. #793
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,406
    https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/st...217160194?s=20

    Great video for people who haven't seen it on Kobe doing X's and O's for his daughter's team. Can you imagine one of the greatest players off all time coaching your 13 year old kids team? What an honor. It gave me goose bumbs just watching the vid.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  14. #794
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,026
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/st...217160194?s=20

    Great video for people who haven't seen it on Kobe doing X's and O's for his daughter's team. Can you imagine one of the greatest players off all time coaching your 13 year old kids team? What an honor. It gave me goose bumbs just watching the vid.
    What a great dad, running from rhe spotlights to do the real things in the shadow.

  15. #795
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    What a great dad, running from rhe spotlights to do the real things in the shadow.
    Ya. You can see the pride he has in those kids and what he is doing. It's a shame.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •