Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    **** helicopters, they always made me feel uncomfortable.
    True, it killed Aaliyah too, I hate these machines.

Farbod Esnaashari:*Lamar Odom on Instagram: “When I went through that coma situation if God would have came to me and said we would take me and spare Kobe I would have rather that happened.”*Man that just hurts my soul to read.*

This is still inconceivable to me. Been sick to my stomach.

The happiness he brought all of us in here for so many years is amazing. Most often, my mood would be based on how well the Lakers were doing at any given point in time. Kobe had such an incredible impact on me and so many others.

Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post

The happiness he brought all of us in here for so many years is amazing. Most often, my mood would be based on how well the Lakers were doing at any given point in time. Kobe had such an incredible impact on me and so many others.
    So true

Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post

Yeah, the impact he had on people was amazing. It's hard to process, especially because of how tragic and sudden it was.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    I'm watching and reading reactions online and it's just killing me. I need to get some tissue..
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

RIP Kobe and Gianna. Thanks for all the great memories. Gone but never forgotten. Still can’t believe this.
    What Rivalry?

I had the pleasure of very briefly meeting kobe when I was about 15 or 16 at the 7-eleven by my parents house. Kobe was maybe in his 2nd year in the league and was super skinny. He wasn't super well-known just yet so not everyone recognized him. This was back when I still had dreams of becoming an NBA player and I was actually on my way to go play basketball. I knew it was him and I wanted to go say hey, but I didn't really know what to say so like a doofus I approached him at the counter and said "hey, you play for the lakers right?" he chuckled a little and said "maybe". Right before he left he came over to where I was and shook my hand and said "alright man" and took off with two other dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I had the pleasure of very briefly meeting kobe when I was about 15 or 16 at the 7-eleven by my parents house. Kobe was maybe in his 2nd year in the league and was super skinny. He wasn't super well-known just yet so not everyone recognized him. This was back when I still had dreams of becoming an NBA player and I was actually on my way to go play basketball. I knew it was him and I wanted to go say hey, but I didn't really know what to say so like a doofus I approached him at the counter and said "hey, you play for the lakers right?" he chuckled a little and said "maybe". Right before he left he came over to where I was and shook my hand and said "alright man" and took off with two other dudes.
    Thanks for sharing, why did you never share it before?

I stopped watching the coverage and just started thinking back to all the moments. He was so pivotal in so many fans' lives. The impact is quite amazing when you step back and think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Thanks for sharing, why did you never share it before?
    It just kind of came back to me right now sitting here and thinking about all the memories over so many years. He's been such a big part of the city and it's culture and has helped to shape my own personality. It really does feel like a close friend or relative passed away.

Same here, the coverage is what it is, strangely I wanted to play NBA 2K and the screen got a pic of Kobe 1978-2020, classy by 2K sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    It just kind of came back to me right now sitting here and thinking about all the memories over so many years. He's been such a big part of the city and it's culture and has helped to shape my own personality. It really does feel like a close friend or relative passed away.
    Same feeling even if I'm 6000 miles away

Crazy, Lakers jersey will now have two blacks banners to honor stern and most importantly kobe now...

Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast