Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

well............this coming from mavs is really bittersweet because their number 24 should have been retired for a while.....( 22 too).....
    ]

Used to hate Kobe when he comes to MSG and torch the Knicks, but I'm a true fan of his game and work ethic. RIP and much respect to one of the GREATS that has ever played the game of basketball. You will be missed Kobe#24

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Kobe day and retiring 24 all time is crazy. His contribution to the league was over, and like War mentioned 23 isn't retired so no way should 24 be.
    Agree [emoji817]

R.I.P
    Kobe will always be in our hearts.
    Long live Mamba Mentality.

Kobe day and retiring 24 all time is crazy. His contribution to the league was over, and like War mentioned 23 isn't retired so no way should 24 be.
    Agreed. If individual teams want to thatís their choice but it shouldnít be league wide. Same with the day. If they play on MLK day or Christmas or Veterans Day then they should play on the day that he died. Itís a tragic and a shame that life was lost but thatís just too much.

United Center tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cried when I heard the news. When I first started watching the NBA, 2004, I didn't care for him as a player, but as all the years went on I grew to really respect and appreciate him. He actually became one of my favorite players the last 2-3 years of his career. Actually the moment I truly became a Kobe fan was when he tore his ACL and shot (and made) two free throws before walking to the locker room on his own. I watched that when it happened on live TV. While I was never a Lakers fan, I rooted for Kobe from that day forward.

To hear that he and his 13 year old daughter died is beyond tragic, it is profoundly heartbreaking. Kobe gave his all in every situation, whether it be NBA basketball for 20 years or directing/producing films. Not two years after he dropped 60 in his final NBA game, he won an Oscar. This man had so much more to give and he would have continued being great at whatever craft he chose because he was always elevating himself, intellectually or otherwise. And beyond all that, it's just tragic for his family and everyone who was close to him.

Life can end at any moment and for any reason, and this is a really sad and unfortunate reminder of that fact. Kobe was a special person who did a lot of good with his life, and he will be missed terribly. The suddenness of it is probably the worst. It's almost like you're not sure it actually happened. It did though and it's terribly sad. Kobe was a great person and is going to be missed. RIP #24.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 01-26-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    A little older and a different sport, but Payne Stewart died as the reigning US Open Champion. 42 when his plane accident happened.
    Bryan Kerchal won the Bass master Classic at 23yrs old and is still the only Federation angler to win the Classic and he died just a couple weeks later in a plane crash. I know nobody knows what this means but it would be the equivalent of winning the Masters as an amateur. It was a sad, sad deal.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i will say this... going forward if i am the nba id make this day a non basketball day meaning every year on this day no basketball should be played... show some old kobe games. Its 1 day basketball should be able to do that
    Mark Cuban is suggesting that no one wear number 24 again. He said no Maverick is going to wear 24 again.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Agreed. If individual teams want to thatís their choice but it shouldnít be league wide. Same with the day. If they play on MLK day or Christmas or Veterans Day then they should play on the day that he died. Itís a tragic and a shame that life was lost but thatís just too much.
    It's a emotional reactionary thought that would set a bad precedence. Who else would justify this?

IF they were going to do something like this...every year on this date EVERYONE wears 24....but even that is a bad precedence.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

These ideas of retiring his number throughout the league and never again playing games on this day is major overreaction.

You should really get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Agree [emoji817]
    Hereís another classless piece of trash..

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Hereís another classless piece of trash..
    lashing out at people on a screen really won't help you
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Mark Cuban is suggesting that no one wear number 24 again. He said no Maverick is going to wear 24 again.
    That's a bit much

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast