Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stejay View Post
    It's not that no-one cares, yet there is only 1 other name released and thats John Altobelli. It is common in a tragedy like this that everyone focuses on the most famous member, because he is the one 99% of people know around the world. Rightly or wrongly, that's how the cookie crumbles
    I did see one source say John's wife and daughter were also onboard.

It isn't often that a death resonates with so many that the news just doesn't feel real, but this is one of those times.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka • Angelique Kerber • Bianca Andreescu

Heartbroken. Cant believe it. Been hugging my kids all day. Hug and appreciate your loved ones

Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    Heartbroken. Cant believe it. Been hugging my kids all day. Hug and appreciate your loved ones
    Me.too man. Hugged my 2 lil ones forever after I read it, crying. As much as we all feel loss, can't even fathom Vanessa and his remaining family losing such a good man and Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Had to check in with you guys today. thinking of my PSD brethren.

kobe was the reason I became a huge basketball fan growing up. his influence on my life and the life of my friends and fam as a public figure can't be understated. we grew up w Kobe. we loved him. the league hasnt been the same since he left and today that rings as true as ever. ive fallen out of love with the league but those memories will never fade. you can never replace a legend but you can look back and remember what you felt when you marveled at their work, who they were and what they meant to you. Devastating loss. Thanks for everything Kobe.
    Same, even as a Pistons fan it was Kobe that got me into actually wanting to play the game. I can't count how many times my cousins and I would try to pull the turn around J during our pick up games. Hell, we shouted KOBE every time we shot a ball into the hoop or paper ball into the trash can. No doubt the Pistons lack of structure has killed some of my interest into basketball but Kobe's decline and retirement too played a part. His determination and obsession/desire to be the greatest was inspiring to me as a child growing up even through my teen and adult years. I miss that and will miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I did see one source say John's wife and daughter were also onboard.
    That has been confirmed.

Kobe, Gianna, John, his wife Keri and one of his daughters Alyssa were among the 9 killed in the crash today

2016 World Series Champions!!!

man this stinks... i sat there when the news broke about his daughter as well and thought how horrid it is to be in the position kobe must have been in knowing what was happening and how she was next to him... no death is good and i hope all 9 people are at rest but id rather die a horrid death then know my daughter is next to me going as well... i legit almost cried even thinking about it... one of the best basketball players ever and regaurdless of what people say about what he did or didnt do off the court we all knew he was a great dad and his family does not deserve this... no family deserves this. Such a cruel world.

i will say this... going forward if i am the nba id make this day a non basketball day meaning every year on this day no basketball should be played... show some old kobe games. Its 1 day basketball should be able to do that

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i will say this... going forward if i am the nba id make this day a non basketball day meaning every year on this day no basketball should be played... show some old kobe games. Its 1 day basketball should be able to do that
    Yeah Jay Williams said he disagreed with playing games today.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Yeah Jay Williams said he disagreed with playing games today.
    i get why they had to today because the games were already set etc and literally it happened like 3 hours before game time... but next year there def shouldnt be games played.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    In tears rn.

Thank you for your contributions on and off the court. RIP
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i get why they had to today because the games were already set etc and literally it happened like 3 hours before game time... but next year there def shouldnt be games played.
    I like your idea. I saw someone else mention that the NBA should allow the Lakers to all wear 8 or 24 next home game as well. I know scoring would be a mess but they need to let that happen.

May he rest in peace.
    ]

Kobe day and retiring 24 all time is crazy. His contribution to the league was over, and like War mentioned 23 isn't retired so no way should 24 be.

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast