Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Packers Coaching Staff News 2020

I am going to go ahead and throw this thread up there, I know most of the staff is already confirmed (LaFleur of course is back, Pettine announced as returning) but, I saw that Packers DB coach Jason Simmons is joining Matt Rhule's staff in Carolina and I imagine as things go on the Packers could lose a couple of other coordinators so we can use this thread to discuss any of that.

Iím excited to see what moves we make in the offseason. We donít have much time to screw around specially with Rodgers aging. Matt has to prove he can put a good coaching staff together.

I actually hope there isn't a ton of turnover. Let's get everyone a 2nd season together and see what happens.

Take the offseason to really focus on what we did well, what we didn't do well and what we can build off of. Adding some fresh blood may not be the worst, but keeping most of the group together should help.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I actually hope there isn't a ton of turnover. Let's get everyone a 2nd season together and see what happens.

Take the offseason to really focus on what we did well, what we didn't do well and what we can build off of. Adding some fresh blood may not be the worst, but keeping most of the group together should help.
    Yeah I wasnít necessarily talking about changes on the coaching staff but more so the roster

The Gray hire is interesting. Sounds like MLF did the interviewing and hiring vs letting Pettine hire someone for his staff. I like how it is a different point of view from Pettine's system.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    The Gray hire is interesting. Sounds like MLF did the interviewing and hiring vs letting Pettine hire someone for his staff. I like how it is a different point of view from Pettine's system.
    This type of thing is such a contrast to how things were with MM. Different ways of thinking were never allowed in the building. Coaching, scheme building, personnel evaluation, all of it was such a top approach all the time.

According to Rob Demovsky, Matt LaFleur has let WR Coach Alvin Whitted go.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Clearly, they fell short of expectations in that group. This yep of thing would likely not happen under McCarthy. The guy would be kept on at least a couple more years.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    how is the next WR Coach going to do with an increasingly picky QB and 2 new WR's, most likely rookies, or more next year? not saying the termination was unwarranted but i wonder if there is some scapegoating here?

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    how is the next WR Coach going to do with an increasingly picky QB and 2 new WR's, most likely rookies, or more next year? not saying the termination was unwarranted but i wonder if there is some scapegoating here?
    Being able to spin it one way or another is inevitable. No way to get away from that. But clearly, more was expected and the guy didnt make it happen.

Get the new WR coach in here and hope he can coach as well as help find some gems in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    Agreed that a new coach can't do magic with these guys, but MVS and Allison definitely did not take a step forward and possibly regressed (MVS for sure)

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Agreed that a new coach can't do magic with these guys, but MVS and Allison definitely did not take a step forward and possibly regressed (MVS for sure)
    Allison, definitely so. i thought he would be a solid number 2 behind Adams but his drops all season long just killed us. he is a number 3 playing as a number 2. i am not ready to give up on him yet as Rodgers still throws to him. MVS never got going. i won't miss him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast