Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported Bakhtiari signed a four-year contract worth up to $105.5M in new money, making him the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history. The contract carries a base salary of $23 million and could reach $23.5 million, per Rapoport.

That's huge getting him locked in for the future and the price is still manageable for the team.

he earned a big contract but did we overpay?

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    he earned a big contract but did we overpay?
    For the best LT in the game... ummm no. He deserves exactly what he got.

Next up Aaron Jones

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    For the best LT in the game... ummm no. He deserves exactly what he got.

Next up Aaron Jones
    WIth a Jaire extension on the horizon and Pack cap situation after this deal, I am not sure I see AJ33 getting a deal in GB. I didn't see Bakh getting this either. King likely for sure gone also. I think of the major players only Jaire is going to get locked up now. I think AJ33 is going to be odd man out not sure we can extend after Clark and Bakh extensions and Jaire yet to be extended.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    WIth a Jaire extension on the horizon and Pack cap situation after this deal, I am not sure I see AJ33 getting a deal in GB. I didn't see Bakh getting this either. King likely for sure gone also. I think of the major players only Jaire is going to get locked up now. I think AJ33 is going to be odd man out not sure we can extend after Clark and Bakh extensions and Jaire yet to be extended.
    King is probably going to be an easy lock up if the packers decide to keep him based on his injury history. what I think might happen is with the success Josh Jackson has been having this year they let King walk and give a smaller contract to Jackson and draft one in the 2nd or 3rd.

Jones is going to be a tough decision. its either keep him or keep Williams. they aren't going to be able to let both walk especially with the lack of playing time Dillon has had and the fact we have no idea who he is right now.

does everyone know the cap is going down $20 million next year? they front loaded Bak's contract but it still was a huge contract.

In a year alot of teams will be in limbo this team found a way to bring back their two most important impending FA's. That's a won, neither Clark or Bak's deal sunk the cap.

A few hard decisions ahead, but Jackson's play recently and King's injuries has made potentially letting King walk possible. But also make him a bit more affordable too potentially.

With Bak locked down Linsley is probably walking. They get huge cap relief dropping or restructuring Kirksey, Turner, Wagner, and Lowry. If they can get a restructure a few deals or are able to move P. Smith for example they are in really fairly good shape for 2021 of the number is $175 mil for sure.

Williams financially makes the most sense to bring back, but with some crafty dealings they could spread out the hit and afford Jones. I'm not sold the fates of King, Jones, or Williams are sealed.

Cut or restructure kirksey, Lowry, Wagner, Crosby and maybe even Preston Smith

About our only options I think

Extension talk with Jaire and Davante need to start soon as well, but if structured right could provide some immediate cap relief with a bigger hit down the road.

Bak's deal isn't really front loaded. His big signing bonus is spread out over the life of the contract, possibly including this year. He has a big roster bonus but that doesn't count until 2022 it appears.

It'll be an interesting offseason. The top guys will get paid. But those mid tier or average starter type of guys will probably have a tough market. So guys like bak would have gotten paid. Jones will probably get paid. Linsley is a tough one due to position, but he'll probably have some decent attention. But the other guys will be interesting. In a normal year, I'd expect king to get offers similar to guys like Trae Waynes or so. His injury history is concerning, but hes also better thna Waynes when healthy. Same with a Jamaal Williams. He feels like Lat Murray type of guy and probably gets that type of deal. But this year, who knows.

That makes guys like turner really interesting too. He's playing well this year, but with the thought of a tough market and the risk of being cut, is he willing to restructure and cost himself a bit of cash next year to get a little more certainty? Who knows.

And I'm probably the minority here but I see no way they can bring preston back at his cost with the way he's played. He was great last year, but hes been rough this year. He's had a couple timely pressures, but on a snap by snap basis, he's been rough. And teams have been running right at him quite often. I'd much rather have Gary take his snaps and even pass off some of Gary's snaps to Garvin and ramsey and whoever else we might draft or add on the cheap and save the cash.

The more I think of it the more it pisses me off the 20 draft was as bad as it was. Paying Love is a spot we could have used to pay a DL or Wr or Another help to sure up a spot. But no we burned a pick on maybe having a QB in 4 years. F that

The interesting thing for the King decision will be is who can get back in other key spots. The CB class is pretty deep I think early rankings have about 9 CB's in the top 50 prospects and some interesting depth guys peppered in the top 200. If King is let go I have a hard time believing they don't take a CB in the top 3 rounds giving them probably 4 potential options in Alexander, draft pick, Jackson, and Sullivan. Then you have your other wild card players like Hollman. Stanford Samuels is interesting there, not enough speed to be relied on up to start, but interesting depth guy there too. It's likely DL, OL, or CB with that top pick this coming draft. Any King an option attached to it or a buy out.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    The more I think of it the more it pisses me off the 20 draft was as bad as it was. Paying Love is a spot we could have used to pay a DL or Wr or Another help to sure up a spot. But no we burned a pick on maybe having a QB in 4 years. F that
    That's where I'm at too, but it also applies to Dillon and deguara too. I could stomach Love if those two picks were instant fills, but they aren't.

If we let Jones walk, Dillon makes a bit more sense. But ideally those guys could be filling in for potenial FAs. I even said on draft night I would have accepted them taking a CB as that guy could potentially make letting King walk an easier choice. Or a guy like Chinn. We play plenty of safeties at dime LB, so theres an instant spot for him, plus if he looked really good, it makes cutting Amos easier. WR and DL got all the headlines, and rightfully so, but even spending those picks on places that would have allowed us to let someone walk or cut a big contract would have made more sense than QB, RB and TE/FB.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    The interesting thing for the King decision will be is who can get back in other key spots. The CB class is pretty deep I think early rankings have about 9 CB's in the top 50 prospects and some interesting depth guys peppered in the top 200. If King is let go I have a hard time believing they don't take a CB in the top 3 rounds giving them probably 4 potential options in Alexander, draft pick, Jackson, and Sullivan. Then you have your other wild card players like Hollman. Stanford Samuels is interesting there, not enough speed to be relied on up to start, but interesting depth guy there too. It's likely DL, OL, or CB with that top pick this coming draft. Any King an option attached to it or a buy out.
    Jackson is odd. The metrics seem to think he's playing well with his yards per route being super low. That being said, he really hasn't been tested a ton as we've played teams who either have bad pass games (Jax and San Fran) or teams that run it (Minn). The eye test has been a bit scary too as he's super grabby. If he develops, it makes me feel a bit more comfortable, but he still makes me nervous saying he's a starter for sure next year.

It is sadly a need, but the idea of drafting another DB early is such a punch in the gut. I think that's the tiny wish that Jackson turns out or king comes back on a reasonable deal because we've taken so many. And savage hasn't exactly been elite, so you can legit argue DB is high on our list despite the insane amount of draft capital we've spent there recently. Since 2014 we've legit spent 8 of our 15 1st or 2nd round picks on DBs.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 11-16-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Jackson is odd. The metrics seem to think he's playing well with his yards per route being super low. That being said, he really hasn't been tested a ton as we've played teams who either have bad pass games (Jax and San Fran) or teams that run it (Minn). If he develops, it makes me feel a bit more comfortable, but he still makes me nervous saying he's a starter for sure next year.

It is sadly a need, but the idea of drafting another DB early is such a punch in the gut. I think that's the tiny wish that Jackson turns out or king comes back on a reasonable deal because we've taken so many. And savage hasn't exactly been elite, so you can legit argue DB is high on our list despite the insane amount of draft capital we've spent there recently.
    I honestly wouldn't be shocked if King was low key in the front office a higher priority than getting Jones an extension. No way they publically admit it. Most fans won't like it, but the reality is the front office is sitting there thinking well we just took a RB in the second round. If the price gets too high let him walk. Add in that Williams could be a cheaper option and give decent production especially as a receiver. Add in at RB too there is a lot of mid-round talent, but only Etienne and Harris near the top for this draft, but then a drop off until you get to mid-round guys. Looking to there are a few potential late-round gems which if vetted right could be a fit. I would agree too, it's harder to get quality DB play than it is quality RB play.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast