Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Packers are signing Jared Veldheer off the colts PS

I wonder if they start him to boost the inside. They could theoretically have Jenkins, Linsley, and Turner inside now for Donald.

He started last week for Indy. If not great quality depth we saw what he has left in the tank last year. Also with Wagner sometimes struggling to stay healthy they have insurance as well.

Good move.

What a weird rule for Veldheer to be able to play in the playoffs for 2 teams.

Glad the colts didn't activate him to the active roster and instead just elevated him from the practice squad. Very unique rule and this is the only time it will ever be possible, but could be huge for both us and him if we make a run.

Wagner has played admirably, but he is a little banged up and you can never have too many passable OL. I doubt he starts this week, but having the option is huge.

To make room for Jared Veldheer, the Packers are putting G Simon Stepaniak on IR.

Also, they had two workouts: TE Bronson Kaufusi (BYU) and DE Breeland Speaks (Mississippi).
    Rob Demovsky twitter

Well we won't be seeing Veldheer. Was added to the COVID list, hopefully he didn't have have much contact with the team yet. But also hopefully its was just to close contact and not the actual virus.

@RobDemovsky

Was told the Packers have been cleared through contact tracing of having to put anyone else on the list for now.

Obviously, test results between now and Saturday's game will also be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Rob Demovsky twitter
    Is Bronson going to play TE or DE?

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Is Bronson going to play TE or DE?
    I would imagine TE for him, there is a high value for TE's in this system, it seems to be the pattern for this off-season to try out a handful of TEs. I think they are low key looking for the eventual replacement to Mercedes Lewis. Size wise he fits will need some work before we know anything on his blocking or skill at TE. They have brought in some bigger TEs and some blocker TEs. That would be my sense on the matter. The offense has three uses for TEs the Lewis blocker role, the H back role, and the playmaker that Tonyan fills.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324