Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Packers are signing Jared Veldheer off the colts PS

I wonder if they start him to boost the inside. They could theoretically have Jenkins, Linsley, and Turner inside now for Donald.

He started last week for Indy. If not great quality depth we saw what he has left in the tank last year. Also with Wagner sometimes struggling to stay healthy they have insurance as well.

Good move.

What a weird rule for Veldheer to be able to play in the playoffs for 2 teams.

Glad the colts didn't activate him to the active roster and instead just elevated him from the practice squad. Very unique rule and this is the only time it will ever be possible, but could be huge for both us and him if we make a run.

Wagner has played admirably, but he is a little banged up and you can never have too many passable OL. I doubt he starts this week, but having the option is huge.

To make room for Jared Veldheer, the Packers are putting G Simon Stepaniak on IR.

Also, they had two workouts: TE Bronson Kaufusi (BYU) and DE Breeland Speaks (Mississippi).
    Rob Demovsky twitter

Well we won't be seeing Veldheer. Was added to the COVID list, hopefully he didn't have have much contact with the team yet. But also hopefully its was just to close contact and not the actual virus.

@RobDemovsky

Was told the Packers have been cleared through contact tracing of having to put anyone else on the list for now.

Obviously, test results between now and Saturday's game will also be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Rob Demovsky twitter
    Is Bronson going to play TE or DE?

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Is Bronson going to play TE or DE?
    I would imagine TE for him, there is a high value for TE's in this system, it seems to be the pattern for this off-season to try out a handful of TEs. I think they are low key looking for the eventual replacement to Mercedes Lewis. Size wise he fits will need some work before we know anything on his blocking or skill at TE. They have brought in some bigger TEs and some blocker TEs. That would be my sense on the matter. The offense has three uses for TEs the Lewis blocker role, the H back role, and the playmaker that Tonyan fills.

Whats everyone's thoughts on the reported contract offer for Aaron Jones being top 5 aav that he turned down because of low guarentee? Then he switched agents. Do you think that makes him more or less likely to stay with that story out there since it appears they were super close to extending him? Not sure if bakhtiari deal affects this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by packerfan826 View Post
    Whats everyone's thoughts on the reported contract offer for Aaron Jones being top 5 aav that he turned down because of low guarentee? Then he switched agents. Do you think that makes him more or less likely to stay with that story out there since it appears they were super close to extending him? Not sure if bakhtiari deal affects this as well?
    The Bakhtiari deal probably won't have much impact. If the Packers want to bring him back they can. It's really going to come down to where the middle ground is. The report from a team standpoint is promising, we all would love to see Jones back, but not at the cost of crippling the cap. There is no reason to load up the guaranteed money on his deal, RB shelf life varies. Now I'm not sure how much guaranteed they offered him. I think Jones wants to return, and the Packers likely want him back. The key is going to be are they going to find a middle ground. The good news is it doesn't sound like there was an issue with the overall offer, it was the upfront figures. The Packers won't be able to go all-in, but Rosenhaus if Jones does come back will get it as high as possible. It seems like the pattern for most RB deals is a two-year buy-out, so Jones likely is wanting a little bit more before that happens.

I'm sure they would prefer to have the RB room of Jones/Dillon/draft pick, but they also have no fear of going with Dillon/Williams/draft pick. Seeing how this is unfolding drafting Dillon in hindsight is looking like a shrewd move. The Packers are being smart about it. It's also not the worst idea for them to keep the talks going through the playoffs to keep him hungry. But for both sides, it aids the negotiations. If he continues to play well in the postseason there is a much better case to give him up-front money. At this point it's probably 50/50 he comes back.

The biggest hurdle perhaps is going to be if they plan to bring back Corey Linsley. Linsley is going to cost a chunk of change as well but seems like one who may take a team friendlier deal.

Tramon Williams is in Green Bay and is expected to sign.

I agree with you. I think the story makes the chances higher than what we thought say a month or 2 ago. Focus on the now and let contracts take care of itself

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Tramon Williams is in Green Bay and is expected to sign.
    where you at IRNMN and crew? I told you it would be funny if the packers signed him after being waived by the ravens lol

I'm not expecting much and knowing the way things are going he will probably be put on the Covid/restricted list also but, its still funny lol

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    where you at IRNMN and crew? I told you it would be funny if the packers signed him after being waived by the ravens lol

I'm not expecting much and knowing the way things are going he will probably be put on the Covid/restricted list also but, its still funny lol
    Its a bit of a risk bringing in an outside player with COVID, but really sounds like a hopeful farewell tour for Tramon. If he is healthy good depth move. Very worst case a veteran who's been here before. Hopefully we can get him one more ring.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast