Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Packers Players News 2020

New year new thread. This can be used for minor news for the Packers.

As always if there is big news like a big cut, trade, or signing please create a new thread.

The Browns and assistant GM Eliot Wolf agreed to mutually part ways.

Browns mutually parted ways with VP of player personnel Alonzo Highsmith.

They also fired director of college scouting Steve Malin.

Roto:The Browns are clearing house under new GM Andrew Berry.

Did they fire the guys who hired Freddie Kitchens?
    Last edited by alabastertubby; 01-31-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Jesus. Wolf shouldve just stayed in GB.

so a confession, i put this in the wrong thread. i thought i put this in the Around the League 2020 Thread. that said more on Elliot Wolf.

The Browns and assistant general manager Eliot Wolf parted ways today, and in related news, Wolf’s father had some harsh criticism for the Browns’ analytics-heavy approach to building their team.

Ron Wolf, the Hall of Fame former General Manager of the Packers, told Chris Mortensen of ESPN that he disdains the way analytics have affected both football and baseball. Wolf said the Browns and other teams that embrace analytics are “out of control.”

“When something goes wrong, who takes responsibility?” Wolf said. “Their answer: ‘Well, that’s what the data told us.’ What a crock. That’s what got ’em 1-31.”

Ron Wolf certainly has an old-school approach to the game, and it served him well during his tenure in the NFL, which spanned most of the second half of the 20th Century. But in the 21st Century, analytics are an increasingly important part of the NFL. The Browns’ failures don’t negate that.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eliot-w...223911297.html

Mason Crosby is officially back, he signed a 3 year deal. Good move I don't see a better option out there.

It will be 6 mil this year, but 3.45 mil the next 2. $12.9 overall, sounds like they are keeping future deals and the CBA in mind with this deal, but also I think the up front re-iterates a lighter free agent activty.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    It will be 6 mil this year, but 3.45 mil the next 2. $12.9 overall, sounds like they are keeping future deals and the CBA in mind with this deal, but also I think the up front re-iterates a lighter free agent activty.
    Said this in the other one too, but it's possible that the $6 mill is the cash deal. So he may be getting a $3 or $4 mill signing bonus with a $2 or $3 mill salary, which is $6 mill in cash in year 1 but only $3 to $4 mill on the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Mason Crosby is officially back, he signed a 3 year deal. Good move I don't see a better option out there.
    i am relieved. it's one less thing to worry about. good move.

Along with Kumerow and Lazard. They officially tendered all 5 ERFAs no reason why they wouldn't, but now official.

The Green Bay Packers retained all five of the team’s exclusive rights free agents with the one-year tender.

Receivers Allen Lazard and Jake Kumerow, tight end Robert Tonyan, defensive lineman Tyler Lancaster and cornerback Chandon Sullivan will all be back with the Packers in 2020.

Not a bad deal we know what he brings, great blocker, vet presence.

We're bringing Will Redmond back 1 yr. 910k.

Lewis is a good deal. He is what he is. He shouldn't be a starter but if you know what hits the fan and guys like sternberger bust, Lewis can fill in and not kill you. He won't help a ton of the passing game. Hell catch some balls underneath and won't get any YAC. But hell block well. For a position where we have young question marks with upside, it's nice to have a Lewis type in tow.

Tyler Ervin is returning, assuming he will have the same role as last year as a special teams guy of he makes the cut. He was better than the early season returners. The move is what it is, we havent had a solid returner since Cobb held the role.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast