Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Packers also signed TE/FB Dominique Dafney to the PS

UDFA out of Indiana St spent camp with Colts

Sounds like a potential depth stash if anything happens to Lovett now that Deguara's out for the season. However, I wouldn't be shocked if gets a look on the main roster if he starts catching on to the playbook. He's got a really interesting athletic profile. A raw talent, but his athleticism give him a really interesting potential mostly as a FB. Interesting player started as a WR/RB hybrid, now a FB/TE/WR hybrid. Bounced around in college I think stints with Iowa and Missouri St and finished with Indiana St. He has stellar athleticism numbers. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.61 seconds at his Pro Day and added excellent times of 4.19 in the short shuttle and 6.91 in the 3-cone drill. RAS of 8.15 at tight end and 9.62 at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Martin and EQ were both back at practice today.
    Good sign we should see them both activated in the next two weeks. Hoping Martin comes as advertised in the pre-season. Hoping EQ can remain healthy to get a look if he can contribute anything.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Sounds like a potential depth stash if anything happens to Lovett now that Deguara's out for the season. However, I wouldn't be shocked if gets a look on the main roster if he starts catching on to the playbook. He's got a really interesting athletic profile. A raw talent, but his athleticism give him a really interesting potential mostly as a FB. Interesting player started as a WR/RB hybrid, now a FB/TE/WR hybrid. Bounced around in college I think stints with Iowa and Missouri St and finished with Indiana St. He has stellar athleticism numbers. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.61 seconds at his Pro Day and added excellent times of 4.19 in the short shuttle and 6.91 in the 3-cone drill. RAS of 8.15 at tight end and 9.62 at fullback.
    I think it was Iowa Western community college to Iowa to Indiana St

Lipscomb an interesting pick up, I think most scouts seem him making a nice impact at the NFL level as a depth and special teams guy. I'm surprised he was added by the Packers. He doesn't necessarily meet the "type" he wasn't much of a blocker in college. He's not big and not really athletic I think his RAS in the 5.8-5.9 range. However, what he does bring is intelligence and a potential possession receiver type guy, but if he is going to cut it in the NFL he is first likely going to need to earn a spot a s ST guy.

In other news:

Packers WR Equanimeous St. Brown (knee) was activated off injured reserve.
    The Packers offense has been rolling despite a couple of receiver injuries. With Davante Adams back in the lineup for Week 6 and Aaron Jones playing at Pro Bowl levels, there's not too much room for fantasy production for the rest of the Packers receiving corps. Marquez Valdes-Scantling figures to be the No. 2, but St. Brown will push for starting duties with Allen Lazard out two months.
    I'm hope for a decent sized role for EQ upon his return, I know he's a bit polarizing for some, but think he will be a decent 3rd option in the receiving core. It would be huge if he can make a suitable contribution.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer
    LB Kamal Martin (54) and WR EQ St. Brown returned to practice on Monday. They're eligible to come off IR now after being placed on the list because of knee injuries.
    Looks like Martin is back off the IR as well.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 10-14-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Lipscomb an interesting pick up, I think most scouts seem him making a nice impact at the NFL level as a depth and special teams guy. I'm surprised he was added by the Packers. He doesn't necessarily meet the "type" he wasn't much of a blocker in college. He's not big and not really athletic I think his RAS in the 5.8-5.9 range. However, what he does bring is intelligence and a potential possession receiver type guy, but if he is going to cut it in the NFL he is first likely going to need to earn a spot a s ST guy.

In other news:

I'm hope for a decent sized role for EQ upon his return, I know he's a bit polarizing for some, but think he will be a decent 3rd option in the receiving core. It would be huge if he can make a suitable contribution.

Looks like Martin is back off the IR as well.
    I tbu k technically they can practice for 21 days before being removed, but that's definitely a good sign.

Also, I do think most people on here are excited about EQ. I'll fully admit to being the low man on him, but I think most the rest like him. Rodgers did his Pat Macafee show thing the other day and a caller asked about EQ and Rodgers gave a very political non answer. It could mean nothing, and he did compliment him a few times, but definitely didnt seem overly hyped about him. That could mean nothing though too.

He definitely has a chance. With lazard out and us not drafting a WR, he's definitely going to be given opportunities to claim a role. Realisitically he's battling guys like shep and Ervin for snaps, so it's not like it's a huge battle.

My biggest hesitation with him is that last year when everyone was exploding in camp, including Shep, kumerow, and Lazard, EQ was really quiet. Then the IR'd him with no chance of return with an injury that should have been no more than 8 weeks, but could have been as short as 4 weeks. And even this year, he had a quiet camp, a first week scratch (not sure how healthy he was) and then IR'd with an injury that didn't seem super serious. All of that just led me to beleive he just wasnt high on the depth chart. He had good enough upside that they didnt want to entirely cut bait, but he also didn't seem like a high enough priority to give him every chance to play.

I certainly think that it will become evident what his status is as a receiver there is enough depth around for him to seemingly get "lost" with now Adams, Jones, Williams, Tonyan, MVS, Sternberger, and Lewis as "approved" targets. Then you have a few others which seem to be moving up a little too like Ervin, Dillon (developing as a target not there yet) from the back field. Rodgers also mentioned Shepherd as well. So we will get a good idea where he stands because there is a good chance he will have to prove himself over many of these names, nor will there be any real pressure to throw the ball to him.

I really like to see Martin on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    I really like to see Martin on the field.
    On a slight side note, in terms of future cap space, it would be huge if both Martin and Barnes can prove to be viable options cutting lose Kirksey at the end of the year would save the team about $5 mil.

On a slight side note, in terms of future cap space, it would be huge if both Martin and Barnes can prove to be viable options cutting lose Kirksey at the end of the year would save the team about $5 mil.
    Well thatís all fine and dandy but Iíd still like to have some depth.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Well thatís all fine and dandy but Iíd still like to have some depth.
    With the cap going down as much as $20 mil we won't likely have that luxury, nor will any team.. Saving $5 mil seems like an obvious move, unless he's willing to restructure. Some moves which seem inevitable would be cutting lost guys like Kirksey, Wagner, Turner, and Lowry. Also likely a few restructures coming. It's going to come down to would you rather have Kirksey as depth or keep guys like Bak and Jones.

With the cap going down as much as $20 mil we won't likely have that luxury, nor will any team.. Saving $5 mil seems like an obvious move, unless he's willing to restructure. Some moves which seem inevitable would be cutting lost guys like Kirksey, Wagner, Turner, and Lowry. Also likely a few restructures coming. It's going to come down to would you rather have Kirksey as depth or keep guys like Bak and Jones.
    Yeah I understand that the cap is going down. Do any of you feel that they are going to do something to change that? Due to covid. I feel like at some point the NFLPA is going to negotiate something to mitigate what will be a significant drop in income for the players. Thatís a huge number.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast