Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Tyler Ervin is returning, assuming he will have the same role as last year as a special teams guy of he makes the cut. He was better than the early season returners. The move is what it is, we havent had a solid returner since Cobb held the role.
    He at least didn’t hurt us in the return game. Literally all we can ask for at this point

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Tyler Ervin is returning, assuming he will have the same role as last year as a special teams guy of he makes the cut. He was better than the early season returners. The move is what it is, we havent had a solid returner since Cobb held the role.
    I wouldnt hate seeing him more involved in the offense too. We don't really have many truly explosive guys, so I don't hate finding ways to get him touches.

Rams trading Brandin Cooks to the Packers? I haven't seen any confirmed reports but. Most articles suggesting it.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Rams trading Brandin Cooks to the Packers? I haven't seen any confirmed reports but. Most articles suggesting it.
    99% selling on this. What this rumor is is Packers Need WR+Cooks wants out of LA+Slow News Week=Packers are in on trading for Cooks. What most people are not saying is there is almost zero chance Cooks is dealt. I would sell on a Cooks deal. If they move him before June 2nd the Rams inherit $21.8 million in dead cap space, which would actually be $5 million more than the team would take on by just keeping him in 2020. They can move him after June 2 and only take a 8.8 mil dead cap hit. But $13 mil in 2021. If they keep him and then use the buy out clause they only take the $13 mil dead cap next year.

By this time the deep draft class is gone, they get no 2020 draft capital, and most teams will be settling in with their new draft picks. Not saying it won't happen, but of it get to the point where they are willing to deal him at this point I would begin to ask what kind of locker room presence is he really if your willing to take on over 20 mil in dead cap to ditch him.

I'd love Cooks talent, but I dont see how the Rams already in negative cap space can afford to do this.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 04-06-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Can the packers even afford to do it? Cooks has a decent sized cap hit coming over with him.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Can the packers even afford to do it? Cooks has a decent sized cap hit coming over with him.
    2020 yes, 2021 beyond no, Cooks right now is only an $8 mil cap hit if acquired though he would be making more technically. The Rams have to eat a lot of cap if they move him. 8 mil means they will need to clear some space. Let's go with the obvious, move Lane Taylor and make a couple of extensions. The issue will be 2021 and beyond, no way to dodge that bullet. The next few years we would be paying him 16, 16, and 17 mil. Bringing in Cooks would cripple our cap figures. His contract is a nightmare. Talented, but it's looking like a bad deal.

It's unlikely the Rams can move him in my view. If they are that desperate to rid themselves of him they would be smart to wait and buy him out at 13 mil and make him a 2021 FA. It would be 13 mil dead cap vs. 21 mil dead cap.

The Packers could do it, but it would be very, very, very hard to justify in the long run. I would much rather have that money to throw at Bak or Clark.

Packers placed Mason Crosby and Jace Sternberger on the COVID-19/reserve list.

Jason Wilde
    @jasonjwilde
    ·
    1h
    #Packers with a host of moves today, per #NFL transaction wire:

WAIVED: G Cole Madison (failed physical), FB Jordan Jones (non-football injury).

NFI LIST: G Simon Stepaniak, RB Patrick Taylor.

PUP LIST: T Yosh Nijman, ILB Curtis Bolton.

No COVID-19 list additions
    The Cole Madison experiment is over.

9. 08-05-2020, 01:30 AM

All this FA talk is moot. I dont see how theres going to be a season.

I guess I'm going to remain optimistic. The nfl is really dumb sometimes, but hopefully they're learning some lessons from the other sports.

I just think there's too much money at stake for too many people for them not to figure something out. Philosophically, you'd like to think we wouldnt put this much emphasis on sports, but at the end of the day, there's a ton of money to be made here for all sides that you'll get guys who really want to play. It's risky, but I think we'll have games in some capacity. There may be delays and things like that, but I have to think something happens.

I think its likely they’ll try. I just have a really hard time seeing them actually finish the season.

The Packers signed WR Malik Turner.

Drop one Illini and gain another ...

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    The Packers signed WR Malik Turner.
    Packers sure do have a type at WR don't they. Good size, mediocre speed types.

Semi related news, but word out of camp is that Tyler Ervin has been practicing with the WRs exclusively in the open to the media portions so far. Given the rest of the roster, I think Ervin is highly likely to make the roster, as he's the only returner. He's also a lock to be active (assuming he's healthy) on the game day roster if he makes the team.

They used him in the slot/jet motion role some last year. Id assume that's the thought process with him again. That being said, if he can even become an okay slot guy in route running and catching, it makes him that much more valuable. Last year he didn't really run a ton of routes so it'll be interesting to see if he can develop that even a bit.

has anyone seen the pics of rookie RB Dillion yet? https://www.yahoo.com/sports/social-...134128580.html

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast