Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    The more I think of it the more it pisses me off the 20 draft was as bad as it was. Paying Love is a spot we could have used to pay a DL or Wr or Another help to sure up a spot. But no we burned a pick on maybe having a QB in 4 years. F that
    IMO Aaron is playing so much better because of the Love pick. after that i hated the draft until the 3rd day. they over drafted drafted a freak college athlete at RB and over drafted a blocking TE. no excuses for that.
    i thought i read last night GB applied $20 million for this year for Bak's deal. i cannot find that now.
    DB, ILB, RB, WR, K, D line don't know how you pull 7 star starters from a draft but time to step up Gute.
    Last edited by alabastertubby; 11-17-2020 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    IMO Aaron is playing so much better because of the Love pick. after that i hated the draft until the 3rd day. they over drafted drafted a freak college athlete at RB and over drafted a blocking TE. no excuses for that.
    i thought i read last night GB applied $20 million for this year for Bak's deal. i cannot find that now.
    DB, ILB, RB, WR, K, D line don't know hoe you pull 7 star starters from a draft but time to step up Gute.
    I don't care what all the defenders say, the draft, the first two days ******* sucked. Said it then. I do think Love pick has made AR play a bit better but so did going to the NFCC last year. He knows they are close. That also is what makes the draft so bad lol. Love OK whatever, but Dillon and especially Deguara WTF. He was a 5th round type guy and I know he fits Lafleur style but I am not taking a H-back in the 3rd f-ing round.

Also the fact Fuller wasn't worth a 3rd but moving up 4 picks to take Love when he was going to be there at 30.....Fuller isn't worth more than moving up a few spots in the draft to have a qb sit 3 years? Then seeing Pittman and young WRs ball each week is depressing. Idgaf if you like your WRs not taking one in this draft when an injury to Lazard is huge blow.....messed up.

Also the fans that say but the Pack are 7-2 so draft must be good. Maroons. Not many holes but there were at the right spot and will be down the line.

I do think the rodgers playing well because of Love thing is overplayed. I think he made alot of personal changes in his life this offseason. I've seen him talk about it in a few interviews and you can see his attitude (some weeks at least) is different. I just think mentally he's in a better, happier place right now and that's a much bigger deal than Lo e getting drafted in his improved play. Year 2 of the offense helps a bunch too.

I dont think he'd be playing worse if we took queen, brooks, Pittman or Higgins at 26 or 30.

I don't think Love getting drafted has anything to do with how Rodgers is playing. I mean really do we expect a kid that was just drafted who has had little time in the system to come in and take the job away from a 2 time MVP, Super Bowl champ and MVP, and future HOF? When the Packers drafted Rodgers it took them 4 years just to get to the point of him starting.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    With this medical staff I wouldn't worry about too soon they have seemingly been very conservative before giving the go. Good to have him back and with MVS playing with confidence the past few weeks could give the offense an interesting look.

Saw a few reports not just the ESPN one by Demovsky, but this is the ESPN one on how we should expect to see this coming off-season. Obviously nothing official, but a pretty accurate look at potential attrition that may be coming.

The most likely candidates for a straight release include: Preston Smith ($8 million in cap savings/$12 million if post-June 1), Dean Lowry ($3.3 million/$4.8 million), Rick Wagner ($4.25 million), Christian Kirksey ($6 million), Adrian Amos ($4.3 million/$7.3 million) and perhaps even Mason Crosby ($2.5 million/$3.5 million). Up to two players can be cut before June 1 and still receive the post-June 1 cap benefit.

The most likely candidates for restructuring include Za'Darius Smith, who is due a $5 million roster bonus in March that could be spread out if converted to a signing bonus; and Aaron Rodgers, who is due a $6.8 million March bonus.

Then there's the question of Rodgers' status altogether. The cap savings from moving on would amount to $4.796 million (or $22 million post June-1). But there's little or no reason to think rookie Jordan Love will be ready to take over next season.

There are other options as well, including legitimate contract extensions to help spread out cap charges over the length of deals with someone like Davante Adams, who has a $16.6 million cap charge in 2021 (the final year of his deal), trades, pay cuts and even converting base salaries into bonuses that can be prorated over multiple years.
    I have my doubt's the outright cut Crosby if anything restructures his deal. Of the outright cut list which Demovsky suggests there are no surprises. Of that group, Amos may be the hardest choice to cut especially with Savage in a sophomore slump. If anything hopefully they can restructure for security otherwise with holes in other places that we will need to fill they may need to bite the bullet on Amos.

It would be great to get Z and Rodgers to do a slight restructure. Also, with Adams needing an extension certainly they spread that money out, and they likely do the same with Jaire's deal.

Speaking of davante what is everyone's thought on hos extension which should be inevitable like jaires. Is he worth like Amari Cooper money like 20 mil a year? Or do you think he would take more a 4 year 60 or 70 mil extension. His skill set should translate to being consistent into his 30s unlike speedy reliant recievers. Jaire is probably a similar extension number with how much corners are getting too

Quote Originally Posted by packerfan826 View Post
    Speaking of davante what is everyone's thought on hos extension which should be inevitable like jaires. Is he worth like Amari Cooper money like 20 mil a year? Or do you think he would take more a 4 year 60 or 70 mil extension. His skill set should translate to being consistent into his 30s unlike speedy reliant recievers. Jaire is probably a similar extension number with how much corners are getting too
    He certainly will be getting paid close to the Hopkins deal. He's certainly worth more than Cooper. They are of similar age, actually, Davante is technically younger than Hopkins by a year and a year older than Cooper. Now you look at the cap hit numbers you can spread the money out. I would be dumb to spread the money like Hopkins because it breaks down like this.

20: 7 mil
    21: 12.5 mil
    22: 25 mil
    23: 15 mil cap hit buy out or 27 mil cap hit
    24: 22 mil cap hit

Backloading this much seems a bit unreasonable. A three-year maybe consider a 4th. The Cooper deal would be much more manageable for Green Bay. Those two deals would serve as the negotiation point for Adams. Cooper's deal is 12.5 and 22 mil the following years, with a buyout. The difference will be Davante will be 29 when his deal expires so factor in age and maybe a small hometown discount I don't see how they avoid getting him somewhat close.

When they work out an extension Jaire is going to get paid because he's 23 years old now. I just realized the website for cap projections I was looking at doesn't mention the 5th year option. I know there has been a lot of talk about extending him now, but now that I look at it I would really expect them to extend his 5th-year option as they did with Clark giving them a little room to play with there. A lot of cap will be off the books by this point. 2023 they have a pretty clean slate whether they keep guys like the Smiths and Amos they will be all off the books no matter this off-season outcome. Jaire won't be a UFA until after 2022. Due to his draft position, it will likely be a 9-10 mil hit. If they exercise his option this May it gives them 2 years to figure something out.

I agree. Devante deal will be around copper or Hopkins but can be manageable. Jaire will have basically 2 years left so I can see basically buying those years out. Add 2 or 3 years to it and make it super reasonable for an elite corner. He would then be 28 or so coming off that contract to dip again. Packers really hit with that pick. Far and away best 1st round pick in what 10 years? Amazing how good we have done without hitting on consistent 1st rounders

I know nothing about rush but that's a large man. If he can eat blocks, he might help.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 11-26-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Redskins a 3-7 football team with basically nothing to play for but a good draft pick, doesn’t take the foot off the gas and BLITZES with a lead. Wow! What a concept!!! I wonder if our dipshit is watching this and learning something. Doubt it

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast