Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by JayZee1981 View Post
    Redskins a 3-7 football team with basically nothing to play for but a good draft pick, doesn’t take the foot off the gas and BLITZES with a lead. Wow! What a concept!!! I wonder if our dipshit is watching this and learning something. Doubt it
    our former dipshit in Dallas always took his foot off the gas too. i went to the Dallas page not to talk **** but get a general idea what they were thinking. they are already talking 2021 draft and some were talking about trading Zeke. i don't think many fans understand 1 how crippling his contract is and 2 how bad the cap will be next year. Dallas has made many stupid decisions this year and not trading Gallup was one of the bigger of them.

Wonder what he can bring to the table. Should a minimum give us a decent option for the kr/pr and some jetsweeps early on. Low risk signing with a decent upside potentially. Has played for Lafleur before so the curve to play should take too long.

Someone on Twitter said it better than I could. Tavon Austin is always better in theory than he is in real life. But, like you said, our return game has been abysmal again. Even when Ervin was healthy it wasn't great, but worst case he provides a little juice in the return game. But he should be able to play the Ervin role for now too.

What's crazy about Austin is he has seasons with quite a few receptions, but his YAC numbers are just alarming for a guy with his speed. Mercedes Lewis has a higher career YAC, no knock on Big Dog, but Tavon has 4.3 speed, Lewis 4.8.

Thunk its a good move. But I'm not expecting much from him as a receiver, really seeing him as bumping Ervin and Shepherd out of their roles. May get some sprinkles of him as a receiver right away. I certainly think he can make a small difference. If he's the difference between better field position or converting a crucial first down in the playoffs money well spent.

At this point if MVS is out or banged up for a bit he might have some meaningful snaps. One of those two need to step up and make a difference. Hang onto the dang ball and catch it when it hits your hands

I think Austin just replaces Ervin, and hopefully is better than Shep on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I think Austin just replaces Ervin, and hopefully is better than Shep on special teams.
    He can't do much worse I think Shep is 26th or 27th in kick return yards. Part of that may be some of the people in front of him, but no way it's all of it. There have been some ugly returns on his part where he's significantly lost yards like 8-10 yards.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718