Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Probably like Pettis they could put in a claim and he likely will be claimed by another team. Probably will have another job soon. The pass rush this year has been a bit spotty this year, but so has McKinley for the past 2 years, but very likely he gets a second chance somewhere.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...m-defense/2020

I knew our defense was bad but holy ****

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...m-defense/2020

I knew our defense was bad but holy ****
    Our defense isn't all that good, but DVOA and DAVE stats can be a limited stat, they are good stats but don't tell the who story. With our defense, it's not really the stat at fault here, but our defense is still poor, but being a bend not break defense hampers the overall value of the defense because come the 4th quarter in games already won it seem like our defense tries just hard enough to prevent a comeback and that's about it sometimes. No matter the numbers it shows our defense is not great, but this defense is probably better measured by other advanced stats and traditional stats which has them in the 14-20 ranking range. Not great, but not the bottom of the barrel either. I think it's a great stat, but it doesn't work for every system. This defense sometimes will look pretty good, and at other times have you pulling your hair out.

An example for me would be Denver is rated 7th, but New England is ranked 25th, and Buffalo 21st in DVOA. Also, I don't see many statistical measures that would indicate the Denver defense is better than Green Bay who is ranked 22nd DVOA. Green Bay is 8th in total yards, 9th in passing yards, 10th in rushing yards, and 14th in points allowed. Denver is 11th total yards, 10th passing yards, 15th rushing yards, and 19th in points allowed. Not defending the defense but DVOA is still working some kinks out. Some things which favor Denver over GB would be we are 30th in takeaways they are 22nd, Denver also 7th in sacks GB is 18th with about a .5 sack per game difference. We don't have a good defense, but I also think the Football Outsiders stats don't show the whole picture.

Also how this team is built it's probably fair to say our best defense is a good offense.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    The Ravens are working out Tramon Williams.
    He officially signed today.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    He officially signed today.
    Early on in the year I read, when a vet goes for a workout its almost a guarantee they are going to sign because of Covid protocols.

all charges were dropped against CB Deandre Baker. I wouldn't mind bringing him in and testing the waters.

all charges were dropped against CB Deandre Baker. I wouldn't mind bringing him in and testing the waters.
    Certainly talented, hopefully the who incident will impress upon him how mindful he needs to be as a pro-athlete. Sounds like nothing criminal happened and it sounds like there was extortion to frame him. Reports say Baker and Dunbar supposedly lost $70,000 playing cards at a different party. The incident was alleged scheme to extort money from a professional football player. However, nonethless to an extent raises a slight question mark, but I would be alright giving him a look. I wonder what kind of shape he would be in right now though.

MM just had a horrid day in Dallas... some of the worst coaching you will ever see and then justified his decisions like the punt being a great play call and so on lol.

Texans are cutting Kenny Stills

He has to be a must sign in the eyes of the front office. Having another option behind Adams, Lazard, and MVS.

Texans are cutting Kenny Stills
    Come on just do what needs to be done to sign his ***

Looks like the Packers dodged a huge bullet. Will Fuller was suspended for 6 games for a PED violation. Giving up a second or even a 3rd for him in hindsight would have been absolutely brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Looks like the Packers dodged a huge bullet. Will Fuller was suspended for 6 games for a PED violation. Giving up a second or even a 3rd for him in hindsight would have been absolutely brutal.
    and the texans are gonna be hurting a bit also since they cut Kenny Stills.

Texans signed former Packers 4th rd pick J'mon Moore to their practice squad

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast