Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    I would offer our first and maybe some additional later picks, but given the future cap outlook of this team, I can't part with multiple firsts and even a first and a 2nd or anything like that. We need to find even playable talent in the draft to fill spots vacated by FAs.

Williams is having a nice season, but I don't think he's been dominant enough to warrant multiple firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I would offer our first and maybe some additional later picks, but given the future cap outlook of this team, I can't part with multiple firsts and even a first and a 2nd or anything like that. We need to find even playable talent in the draft to fill spots vacated by FAs.

Williams is having a nice season, but I don't think he's been dominant enough to warrant multiple firsts.
    From the reports today evidently their GM claims them shopping Williams is "false", but most of the NY papers don't seem to buy this, but rather they are looking for the same haul they got for Jamal Adams. I would agree I wouldn't part with two first-rounders for him quite yet. The issue with Williams' negotiations is the Jets don't have a need to trade him so they would likely be in the driver's seat. For all the criticism for the Jets, you can offer they were still able to get 2 1st rounders, swap a 4th for a 3rd, and Bradley McDougald for a disgruntled player. So Williams likely may be too pricey for the Packers.

Cowboys To Cut Dontari Poe
    profootballrumors.com

worth taking a look at the guy? i know he really hasn't been that great for awhile but, could be a guy for a rotation?

I would love a Poe pick up, a big low to the ground space eater. Would really help against the run game by clogging up the middle.

For me, I'd have to say pass on Poe. He is worth looking into, but I'd lean towards pass for a few reasons. The biggest reason being, if it were 2-3 years ago maybe, but he's being cut because he's lacking work ethic and is overweight, could there be more reasons he is cut sure. A team that is super thin at IDL doesn't cut a useful player even if they are frustrating. Dallas has Antuan Woods who isn't bad, Neville Gallimore who may be good, but needs work, and Trysten Hill who is on the IR I'm sure they add someone else, but not a good look for Poe. As much as I question Jerry Jones decision making sometimes it makes no sense to cut Poe if he could do the job.

Second or maybe 1A, I also think our IDL is better than Poe. Winn brings about the same thing Poe does. I think silently the IDL has actually begun to step it up. Hoping Kenny gets back to form soon he hasn't quite been the same dominant player since returning, still looks solid, but just not Kenny Clark solid. Granted wish we had another run-oriented guy, but just not sure Poe would help.

Wrong thread

I think at this point no reason not make a claim. Though he hasn't hit stride he is high potential guy still.

I've always loved Pettis. Would love to add him but not going to get my hopes up.

The Ravens are working out Tramon Williams.

Around the League 2020

Ted Ginn released by the Bears

He’s probably claimed by another team, but wishful thinking

Ginn has been really, really bad. The Bears WR group isn't much better than ours, so that should tell you something about how much Ginn has left in the tank. He's always had suspect hands and has been a speed only guy who was afraid of contact. That's not a profile that ages gracefully.

Apparently we didnt put a claim in for Pettis, not that it would have mattered. It was the giants pats and Browns.

Yeah that’s the way I felt about Ginn, wouldn’t be an upgrade over MVS, just seeing his name mentioned.

I was sort of in the same boat as others, if we were to make a move it should have been on defense. Hopefully Lazard is back at 100% and able to play, I think he makes a big difference.

Falcons waived Takk Mckinley

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast