Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Whoever his agent is a mastermind, guy goes from getting 8 mil in Green Bay, to 9 mil in 2020 guaranteed, and a no trade clause. I dont blame Jimmy for signing that deal at all.

Glad to see the Bears still know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Whoever his agent is a mastermind, guy goes from getting 8 mil in Green Bay, to 9 mil in 2020 guaranteed, and a no trade clause. I dont blame Jimmy for signing that deal at all.

This should be the dumbest deal all offseason, but instead Houston had to go out and make one of the worst trades I have ever seen to give the bears a bit of a pass from the public berating they deserve for this deal.

attention Melvin Gordon.
    Last edited by alabastertubby; 03-24-2020 at 05:46 AM.

Redskins were pretty damn stupid today too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Redskins were pretty damn stupid today too.
    by booting almost their whole DB room after Free agency has started? yeah that was pretty dumb. I went and looked at their roster and they have 2 safeties, 1 listed as a CB and 2 listed as DBs

Robby Anderson got 2 yrs 20 mil from Carolina

Robby Anderson got 2 yrs 20 mil from Carolina
    That's a good deal for them, I thought Anderson could have gotten at least more than Hooper's deal. I guess there may he more questions on Anderson than we can read. Great fit for them. At presumably 10 mil he could be a nice steal for them if he produces like he did in NY.

That's a good deal for them, I thought Anderson could have gotten at least more than Hooper's deal. I guess there may he more questions on Anderson than we can read. Great fit for them. At presumably 10 mil he could be a nice steal for them if he produces like he did in NY.
    there has to be something more to it cause he essentially got the same deal as Emmanuel Sanders. Sanders, with incentives, got a 2 year 19 mil and Anderson just got 2 year 20 mil.

geronimo allison signed with the lions on a 1 year deal

geronimo allison signed with the lions on a 1 year deal
    he had a horrible year last year and despite my hopes he was not resigned. i understand the move. thank you Geronimo for your service.

I mean, funchess is actually going to be cheaper on the cap this year than geronimo was last year. Even if funchess earns his incentives, they actually count against next year's cap because of the leagues weird "likely to earn" methodology for bonuses. I know he signed with the lions for the vet min or so, but geronimo just doesn't do anything that other guys can't replicate and he has almost zero upside, so definitely not much reason to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I mean, funchess is actually going to be cheaper on the cap this year than geronimo was last year. Even if funchess earns his incentives, they actually count against next year's cap because of the leagues weird "likely to earn" methodology for bonuses. I know he signed with the lions for the vet min or so, but geronimo just doesn't do anything that other guys can't replicate and he has almost zero upside, so definitely not much reason to bring him back.
    if there was any interest in bringing back Allison in Green Bay (not sure there was at all other than Rodgers and for that reason i would have) the offer would have been less than last years contract. i liked the guy. he played his heart out. he peaked and you are right little upside.

Shocked the Rams moved Cooks taking a 21 mil cap hit this year alone for dealing away Cooks. I'm shocked they moved him before June 2. Their cap is awful with Cooks and Gurley still collecting from them 30+ mil in dead cap.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 04-09-2020 at 10:22 PM.

Clear the money this year. Ramsey and kupp are both FAs next year and should get big deals. Ramsey almost certainly will be the highest paid CB in the league and Kupp could theoretically get top 10 wr money. I think they have a few other FAs too. So clear all of that dead money this year and start with a clean ledger next year.

Plus that deal was ridiculous. A 2nd rounder for a guy with a fairly bad contract who's had 5 confirmed concussions in 6 seaons plus a 4th rounder in 2 years is a great deal for LA. In this draft, I would have been hesitant to trade a 4th for him, much less a 2nd. So it would have been a no brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Clear the money this year. Ramsey and kupp are both FAs next year and should get big deals. Ramsey almost certainly will be the highest paid CB in the league and Kupp could theoretically get top 10 wr money. I think they have a few other FAs too. So clear all of that dead money this year and start with a clean ledger next year.

Plus that deal was ridiculous. A 2nd rounder for a guy with a fairly bad contract who's had 5 confirmed concussions in 6 seaons plus a 4th rounder in 2 years is a great deal for LA. In this draft, I would have been hesitant to trade a 4th for him, much less a 2nd. So it would have been a no brainer to me.
    It's not that they dealt him its when they did. If after June 1 they pay 8.8 million this year, if not on the hook for 21 mil. They could have save 4 mil if they dealt him before the league year. They may have to pay him $13 mil next year too. They save no money. If they kept him through 2020 and bout him out they only take a 13 mil cap hit to buy him out. There was no financial benefit to moving him.

So unless this deal is processed after June 1 they are in a super bad spot.

I get the value they get back, but they screwed their cap. They are now paying 21.8 mil to a guy who will never play a snap for them, that's absurd. They were already on negative cap and did nothing to get them out.

Horrible contract to begin with.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast