Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    JJ Watt was in an argument with O'Brien leading to in part O'Brien firing. Any chance we could get Watt at the deadline or next year. I would guess his salary is way to much to make anything work now but Watt, Clark (or Gary, Smith x2 would probably be the best pass rush package in the league. Maybe a 2nd plus more, I love Watt so I'd do a 1st and more but I'm not in charge.
    I'm a big fan of JJ, but I think Houston is certainly more on JJ's side and have not plans to move him. At 32 years old this coming march no way would give up a 1st or 2nd to get him. The tank is going to soon be running low for what we will be able to get out of him. Even if he can pull a Julius Peppers, not sure it makes sense. Another big factor would be with no knowledge of what next season's cap will look like no way they could take on that cap hit I think $15 mil next season and then $17 mil the next. Plenty of extensions still need to be handed out.

Jets released ILB Alec Olgetree

Not saying go sign him, but he's at least worth doing homework on with Kirksey out and injury concerns. Even of Barnes and Martin can play well having a veteran for depth purposes wouldn't be the worst thing to have.

I used to like the upside of ogletree, but from everything I've heard on him recently, he's truly been really bad the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I used to like the upside of ogletree, but from everything I've heard on him recently, he's truly been really bad the last few years.
    not sure the time frame you are talking about but if it was the Gase years i would bring him in for a tryout or do one virtually. that team is so bad and they are getting the worst out of their players.

I'm not saying he will be the same player or again we should go get him, but he is worth the look. Sometimes to players just need to get with a contender or at least play meaningful games to get back to a high level of play. He's worth doing the homework on and if then they don't see the fit then pass, but not to look would seem pretty foolish. It really comes down also to how they fell about Kirksey and Martin's injuries. But, Ogletree certainly could be an interesting PS stash to see what he can do.

I'm just saying that the last few places his been, the fan bases have been ecstatic to see him go. Doesn't mean he can't be a decent player, but both the giants and the jets fans are glad he's gone.

That's usually not a great sign. He was a good athlete when he came out but never really capitalized on that at all. He had a few early years where he was okay, but by most accounts, he's been pretty awful.

We've avoided bringing in guys like Mason foster in the past, who at least had some serviceable recent years. Maybe that'll change with injuries this year, but since we didn't talk to those guys, I can't imagine we'll have much interest in ogletree.

John Ross requested a trade from Cincinnati. Not sure what he is worth (3rd?) but I would be all over exploring that as an option.
    Last edited by ugottabjoshinme; 10-20-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Last year of his deal and they've benched him. He can probably be had for a conditional pick. But either way, if anyone here gets frustrated by MVS inconsistency, you're not going to want Ross.

But honestly, I'm not sure there's really anything John Ross does that Robert foster couldn't do. Ross has the combine number for speed, but foster is in the same league for actual game speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    John Ross requested a trade from Cincinnati. Not sure what he is worth (3rd?) but I would be all over exploring that as an option.
    Last year of his deal and they've benched him. He can probably be had for a conditional pick. But either way, if anyone here gets frustrated by MVS inconsistency, you're not going to want Ross.

But honestly, I'm not sure there's really anything John Ross does that Robert foster couldn't do. Ross has the combine number for speed, but foster is in the same league for actual game speed.
    Mostly because I'm not a big Ross fan, wasn't one even as he was coming out of college. So I personally wouldn't give much for him. Could he come here and figure it out sure, but I would personally pass. I know some would disagree, but I honestly think MVS is more consistent and arguably better than Ross (especially from a value standpoint) to be honest. Ross has just been pretty bad, and you can't blame it all on others or the team he is on. If we're going to add any thing it really should be a potentially finesse receiver we need guys who can be a bit more physical or someone to help the defense. I think we have plenty of athletic and fast to get by.

According to Shanahan, the 49ers have Dante Pettis on the block. He could probably come cheap, would it be worth giving up little to see what the Packers can do with him?

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    According to Shanahan, the 49ers have Dante Pettis on the block. He could probably come cheap, would it be worth giving up little to see what the Packers can do with him?
    Much like Ross situation could probably be had for a conditional pick, but I like Pettis's upside a little more. You make a move like this and see worse case he could offer another option as a returner. But hope he hits his potential.

I've always loved Pettis. Thought he was drafted earlier than he should have been but I still like him. Kind of strange career thus far. Whenever he plays, he seems to get open. But he can't crack the rotation for a team that kind of stinks at WR.

Supposedly Quinnen Williams is being shopped by the Jets. That would be an amazing pick up but, you would have to think the Jets are wanting a high price for him. what would he be worth?

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Supposedly Quinnen Williams is being shopped by the Jets. That would be an amazing pick up but, you would have to think the Jets are wanting a high price for him. what would he be worth?
    I would be fine dropping the high cost for him, as I mentioned elsewhere they spend now picks on two to four years from now. You get a high potential talent who improves you now with at least 3 more years here. If the price gets too high obviously no, but its 100% worth making a competitive offer. They would likely certainly want a first and more. Lancaster-Clark-Williams with Keke and Adams on package plays give the IDL a whole new look.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast