Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I think the really frustrating part is the refusal to address an obvious need. Give them credit because it's possible WR is deeper than we gave them credit for and MVS and Lazard are still young with some upside.

But our DL group doesn't really have much upside. It stunk last year and we did nothing to change. 5th rounder Keke has some upside, but there's virtually no one else we could have reasonably expected to make any sort of jump. I just dont get how we didn't see that as a problem and didnt actuslly address it in any meaningful way.
    the failure to draft D linemen just destroyed me personally this year. the roster make up of 4 TE's and 3 QB's means the thin positions were at risk. normally i dislike trades in mid season but if OBJ is available i would kick the tires. cap wise it might be rough but i would over pay for him, say a 3rd and a 6th. stat wise the Minnesota game scares me. we have no TE's and 1 and 1/2 WRs. get more help even if OBJ has issues. D wise, i see struggles. Clark needs to return quickly. the bust DT Montravius Adams needs to be play or be cut. i am done with him.

I'm not sure a rookie would have for sure been the end all, be all at DL, but I felt like they needed to do something outside of roster fodder like Hester.

The TE thing doesn't bother me a ton. We aren't a heavy TE passing game type of team. Lewis plays his role well. Jace has room to grow. Deguara is a pretty good perimeter blocker and move peice. Tonyan isn't horrible. Sure, it would be great to have a Zach Ertz but it's a position I'm okay not overspending on.

As for wr, I'm not on down on it as I was. MVS took some steps they said. He's going to have some frsutrsting drops, but it looks like he and Rodgers are in a good place more or less. Taking shots to him changes the offense. Lazard is a good possession guy. Adams is one of the best in the league. Ervin is providing that in space role. Id take an upgrade there if available, but I'm not rushing. Trading for obj would be cool, but if that means we don't have cash to sign Bak or even both of king and Jones or something, then I'm out.

Sounds like Anthony Barr is done for the season, another blow to an already struggling Minnesota defense.

Also, big loss for San Francisco, Nick Bosa done for the season, which could factor into our week 7 match up against SF. Also on the NFC race overall.

I see McCarthy is still McCarthying, Dak throws for 502 yards and 4 tds and the Cowboy's still lose

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I see McCarthy is still McCarthying, Dak throws for 502 yards and 4 tds and the Cowboy's still lose
    He calls out his D coordinator yet he'll pooch kick with over 3 minutes left down by a few while being torched all day on defense. What a moron

Ole MM is proving that he has a head coaching gig because of Rodgers.

Ultimately it falls on the head coach, but that defense is just terrible. Leave to Jerry Jones and company to sign all of their offensive stars to big deals but let guys like Jones walk in FA. And then draft even more offense in the draft. Signing zeke was the biggest mistake Dallas had made. Costs too much and they have elite passing weapons.

49ers waived Mohammad Sanu.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    49ers waived Mohammad Sanu.
    Seriously that would be a solid add. Why not?!?

I would imagine Sanu is no longer good. Cut from NE after they gave up a 2nd and SF had literally no receivers when they brought him in and he could barely get playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I would imagine Sanu is no longer good. Cut from NE after they gave up a 2nd and SF had literally no receivers when they brought him in and he could barely get playing time.
    That's where I'm at as well. Cut by two teams in 5ish weeks is not a good sign. I know San Fran is getting healthier at wr, but if he was good, they could have found a spot for him.

Seahawks signed DT Damon Harrison to the practice squad.

Harrison visited Seattle last month and had interest from the Packers. It's surprising he settled for a practice squad deal, but Harrison likely needs time to get in shape. Harrison should find his way to the active roster as a veteran run stopper.
    Not that they can't poach him from Seattle's PS. Looks Snacks is joining the Seahawks for the moment. I'm curious did he make his visit? I'm wondering if they were simply unimpressed.

Him settling for a PS deal with Seattle seems to indicate he's no where near game ready. He did show some signs of decline last season. Accouting that he almost retired and the fact this source cite him needing to get into shape may have been an understatement. If he was any bit of playing condition I don't see any reason they couldn't have topped this.

Believe it or not both Keke and Lancaster have been playing pretty well the last few weeks. Advanced analytics have been giving both guys pretty solid marks. With Clark coming back. Lowry has slightly improved. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    That's where I'm at as well. Cut by two teams in 5ish weeks is not a good sign. I know San Fran is getting healthier at wr, but if he was good, they could have found a spot for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Add in that he's not known as a poor character guy, not sure I've ever heard anything bad about the guy. So you know it's because of his talent declining. At this point, I'm not sure he brings much more than Taylor or Shepherd. Sanu would bring a veteran's presence, mentor, but that's about all you can bank on. This is going to be a good evaluation time for the futures of EQ, Shepherd, and even Taylor on whether they can be quality depth or afterthoughts. Still not writing off the possibility we see Robert Foster, I think they're getting him adapted to the scheme right now.

I'll be interested to see if they lean more towards Shepherd or EQ as the "third" option. But with the ability of our RB's, especially Jones and Williams as a receiver, and Tonyan and Sternberger starting to show up, who the third WR, while Lazard heals, may not be a major factor, to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Not that they can't poach him from Seattle's PS. Looks Snacks is joining the Seahawks for the moment. I'm curious did he make his visit? I'm wondering if they were simply unimpressed.

Him settling for a PS deal with Seattle seems to indicate he's no where near game ready. He did show some signs of decline last season. Accouting that he almost retired and the fact this source cite him needing to get into shape may have been an understatement. If he was any bit of playing condition I don't see any reason they couldn't have topped this.

Believe it or not both Keke and Lancaster have been playing pretty well the last few weeks. Advanced analytics have been giving both guys pretty solid marks. With Clark coming back. Lowry has slightly improved. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    his workout was set for today I believe and the seahawks had him in yesterday so I am wondering if they just signed him before the Packers could get a look at him.

I saw a writer say earlier on that if a team brings in a vet for a workout its almost a guarantee they are going to sign him just because of the Covid rules and regulations.

EDIT:

Demovsky said the same thing

Last edited by PackerBum9786; 10-07-2020 at 05:32 PM.

JJ Watt was in an argument with O'Brien leading to in part O'Brien firing. Any chance we could get Watt at the deadline or next year. I would guess his salary is way to much to make anything work now but Watt, Clark (or Gary, Smith x2 would probably be the best pass rush package in the league. Maybe a 2nd plus more, I love Watt so I'd do a 1st and more but I'm not in charge.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast