Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    The post June 1st thing wouldn't help them is what I'm saying. They aren't on the hook for any future money now. They take the entire hit right now. So yea, they could have saved $8 mill in cap this year if the did it post June 1st, but they would have had dead money next year. It was the same arguement I made last year with nick perry. Everyone wanted to post June 1st him to have more space last year, but space last year wasn't a problem. By doing it right away, we avoided having any perry hit this offseason.

I know cap rolls, so it's not a huge deal, but that's what LA is doing. Eat $21 mill this year instead of eatimg $8 and $13 over 2 years. They should have traded him before his $4 mill in roster bonus was due, but its possible the offers weren't good prior to that. Next summer they'll have 2 large contracts to sign at least. John Johnson is a free agent too who might get decent money. So eat it now so you aren't eating $13 next year.

And they got a hell of a deal. In a crazy deep we draft, they got a 2nd rounder for him. They can replace him with that pick if they want. So for 21 mill now, they can replace him on the cheap for 4 years and have a clean slate to sign guys next year.

But I agree, his contract and gurley's contract were both awful. I said as much at the time. Both guys were extended before they needed to be extended. And when you do that, you should get a discount and the rams didn't. They paid both gurley and cooks like they were unrestricted free agents when they could have had both under contract for 2 more years of they tagged cooks.

Bears also released or are set to release trey Burton. He was a guy I liked when the bears signed him. Not for the price they paid, but thought he was an okay tight end. Pending how the draft goes, I could see us throwing a small deal at him.

As a player, he and sternberger are actually somewhat similar I think, but if we don't add one earlyish, there's worse guys to have.

Cowboys Released HaHa Clinton-Dix and the Raiders released Damarious Randall

Cardinals Waived Hakeem Butler, if he is healthy wouldn't mind seeing the Packers take a chance

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Cardinals Waived Hakeem Butler, if he is healthy wouldn't mind seeing the Packers take a chance
    I'm game for giving him a look. He fits the size profile they like and tons of upside. Not sure his health situation, but certainly worth looking at.

We really need some DL and OL help.

I think our OL is fairly decent. Doesn't sound like Patrick's injury was serious. He could be a go this week. Turner could be back too. Both Wagner and Jenkins looked pretty solid at RT. Runyan looked passable in his small amount of snaps too. I'd take some more reinforcements at OL, but realistically, our OL depth is probably better than the vast majority of the league.

I was gonna say they are pretty deep on the OL, not many teams could go down essentially 3 starters and still perform well. They have a few pieces on the PS as well.

For the DL they just signed Billy Winn to the PS may not be long before he is added to the main roster. But Winn hasn't been able to play significantly in 4 years almost.

My thinking is if they were going to add a DL guy IE Snacks Harrison they would have done so by now. Not a bunch of potential upgrades on the market. The team has reached out to him, but wondering what his price tag is? They have interest.

I think the really frustrating part is the refusal to address an obvious need. Give them credit because it's possible WR is deeper than we gave them credit for and MVS and Lazard are still young with some upside.

But our DL group doesn't really have much upside. It stunk last year and we did nothing to change. 5th rounder Keke has some upside, but there's virtually no one else we could have reasonably expected to make any sort of jump. I just dont get how we didn't see that as a problem and didnt actuslly address it in any meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I was gonna say they are pretty deep on the OL, not many teams could go down essentially 3 starters and still perform well. They have a few pieces on the PS as well.

For the DL they just signed Billy Winn to the PS may not be long before he is added to the main roster. But Winn hasn't been able to play significantly in 4 years almost.

My thinking is if they were going to add a DL guy IE Snacks Harrison they would have done so by now. Not a bunch of potential upgrades on the market. The team has reached out to him, but wondering what his price tag is? They have interest.
    It was reported recently that the Packers offered Snacks a competitive contract and he decided to not play for them.

It's probably time to make a "more competitive" offer lol.

Haven't heard all the reports, but most of them seem to stem from one Twitter interaction where someone tweeted at snacks and said the packers need to reach out. He responded they did and that seemed to spark a bunch of articles. Maybe more has come out for sure since then, but there seemed to be a ton of guesses from there. Not sure if reached out was simply touching base or if a very legit contract was offered.

My theory is he likely wants to paid like the player he has been in the past a top tier run stuffer and he likely has a year or two left in the tank. Where teams are more than likely offering contracts which look like his production last season, still productive, but I think most teams are looking at last season as more of the way forward. Though his numbers were not bad, Snacks is probably seen by execs as a solid vet assets, and Snacks likely sees himself as still elite and want to be paid. Teams may be wondering if his production basically cutting in half was a bad year, bad team, or a sign. Likely a combo of all three.

He went from 4 straight years of 70+ tackles to 49. Not that PFF is the greatest indicator, but he went from downright elite with 5 of the past 6 seasons over 90, 6 of the last 8 over 90, but then last year falling to 63.2. From the Packers stand point I don't think they are foolish to think he's washed up, but at the same time if last season was any indicator they get similar production from Lowry and Lancaster, good, but nothing great. Is he an upgrade over both Lancaster and Lowry, yes, but are they looking to pay Snack significantly more, probably not, at least yet. Teams are negotiating from 2019, his team from 2013-2018.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I think the really frustrating part is the refusal to address an obvious need. Give them credit because it's possible WR is deeper than we gave them credit for and MVS and Lazard are still young with some upside.

But our DL group doesn't really have much upside. It stunk last year and we did nothing to change. 5th rounder Keke has some upside, but there's virtually no one else we could have reasonably expected to make any sort of jump. I just dont get how we didn't see that as a problem and didnt actuslly address it in any meaningful way.
    That 4th round pick would be nice right now....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast