Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

If Clippers win a title will there be more "rest" integration?

I know that Kawhi has become a running punchline with more doubters than supporters of his "rest" schedule. So far he's played 35 out of 46 games this season, but Clippers are still 3rd in the West. The results speak for themselves.

If you can get the job done while working less, why punish yourself? Why force it upon employees?

This topic reminds me of a work study I came across a while ago: https://www.brinknews.com/working-fe...res-the-proof/

This study outlines how an employer shortened the staff's work week by 1 day and not only did everyone still get the job done, the staff became 20% more productive overall.

Most innovators have a bunch of detractors that eventually start copying much of what they were opposed to initially. So my question is if Kawhi leads the Clippers to a championship do you think more teams and stars adopt this strategy?

Probably so, I wish we had the ability to do it with Jimmy

Getting the 1st seed is still the best option but resting star players does have its advantages.

Trezz, Pat Bev and Sweet Lou will carry the lead so Clipper fans need not worry cuz if you load manage Kawhi and PG13...y'all are set

I've seen some traction for a planned player game limit per season of 70. So no player would be ALLOWED to play more than 70 games. That with a larger roster means the game is much the same but the rest games can be openly scheduled more in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I know that Kawhi has become a running punchline with more doubters than supporters of his "rest" schedule. So far he's played 35 out of 46 games this season, but Clippers are still 3rd in the West. The results speak for themselves.

If you can get the job done while working less, why punish yourself? Why force it upon employees?

This topic reminds me of a work study I came across a while ago: https://www.brinknews.com/working-fe...res-the-proof/

This study outlines how an employer shortened the staff's work week by 1 day and not only did everyone still get the job done, the staff became 20% more productive overall.

Most innovators have a bunch of detractors that eventually start copying much of what they were opposed to initially. So my question is if Kawhi leads the Clippers to a championship do you think more teams and stars adopt this strategy?
    So we're just ignoring that it already happened last year? I know people ignore Toronto, but geez.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    So we're just ignoring that it already happened last year? I know people ignore Toronto, but geez.
    Is this a troll attempt? Everyone knows it happened last year but there was at least some belief he was being extra precautious just because he was headed into free agency. But now it's clear this is his intention from here forward regardless of how healthy he's feeling.

I hope not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I think its going to be a balancing act. the Raptors last year were incredibly good without him. The clippers this year have been not very good without him. if your the Clippers this could just mean that you punt the #1 seed or it could mean that you punt yourself all the way to the #4 seed and mean you have to play the Lakers in the 2nd round. does that really matter to them? I have no idea. if your a team like the Jazz and Nuggets that desperately want homecourt, I highly doubt that they give up regular season wins.

Is this a troll attempt? Everyone knows it happened last year but there was at least some belief he was being extra precautious just because he was headed into free agency. But now it's clear this is his intention from here forward regardless of how healthy he's feeling.
    You answered your own question.

dafuq. Kawhi was always going to do this

This season certainly is quite the experiment for the load management teams. For the record, I actually have no problem resting players during the season. But to be clear, the only reason it's acceptable league-wide is because the players who have done it have ended up winning titles. When Pop had the Spurs resting, LeBron taking games off, and Kawhi playing 75% of his team's games, they all resulted in successful seasons and championship wins.

Now if they win it all, nobody cares. They were right and everyone else was wrong. Hypothetically, if the Clippers end up with a Western Conference playoff gauntlet of Houston - Denver - Lakers and somehow lose in the WCF or Western Conference Semis, I think a little more scrutiny comes on the load management front. It then becomes very easy to say "the Clippers load managed themselves into too tough a playoff schedule and Kawhi got major slack because they beat a decimated Warriors team the previous year." It certainly puts a lot more emphasis on next year, as well. But in all likelihood, we'll end up with a tough Clippers - Lakers WCF and nobody will think twice about it.

Other than the Clippers, who else has been resting their players? It seems like the bulk of this narrative stems from Kawhi sitting back to back games. Kawhi is still a special case. Kawhi had a setback last year with the Raptors, he may be concerned with having a similar same set back this season. I don't think his body is built for a full 82 game season.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Perhaps hey may consider playing a full schedule next year, but i can see why he has taken the same approach.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”