Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakers @ 76ers

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Force feeding AD is not the answer. I like Ad but IMO Pau played better in the post. AD is playing like a sf out there. Clippers is winning because they are the better team and Doc has out coached frank as well. Frank was heavy on the minutes. Why are you suggesting lebron is just some scrub thatís trying to play Kobe or Kawhi. Using lebron to just facilitate is not the answer either. Lakers arenít deep like that. AD and Lebron are the stars of the team just like Kawhi and Paul are and Kobe and Pau were. You play through the teams strengths. If you get beat then you lost to the better team. Not you canít win playing like that. But you have to maximize your talents to the fullest. Lakers donít have defenders to throw at kawhi like that. You also have to factor in they take out the big guys.

Remember what I said about Clippers different looks the coach can throw at Lebron to disrupt the team. https://youtu.be/_KPLhScbf90 And if you look at the game last night they rushed AD the moment he touched the ball. You can get physical with Davis as well.
    I know I'm going to regret going down this road but I will bite. Force feeding AD will cause eventual double teams (like you said about yesterday's game), and open up our shooters and hence driving lanes for Lebron (which is his strength). It's more of a 80s style and defenses are more keen on playing defense against high pick and rolls and by throwing an older style of ball against a team like Clippers will eventually break them down. The Clippers strength on defense is their perimeter defense. By throwing it in to AD you have bypassed that. We can also use Lebron in the post as a facilitator.

I do feel that our team is really holding it back on offense. We shot 50% from three on a back to back on the 4th game on the road. If we get hot like the 2001 Lakers did, we can almost go 16-0 in the playoffs.

As you said go to our strengths. And our strength is literally being big and strong. Maybe AD is a little soft. But Lebron in the post can be a monster with his strength and passing ability. Go look at some 1987 playoff games with Worthy and Magic playing the post. Look what Magic did playing the post and what nightmare matchup problems he caused. Cooper and Scott feasted on the 3 point line.

Lebron is not driving into the lane against the Clippers. Not against Kawhi or Beverley. That logic is not going to work. He has to accept it and has to adjust, which I think he will in the playoffs. I'm not worried about the Clippers in the playoffs. I'll let you and Lavar worry about that.

"The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    LOL G1 is parked outside his house Magic style. Knocks on his door twice daily and asks if he has made up his mind yet or not.
    Lol!!

3. 01-24-2020, 07:48 PM
    Reason
    Trolling/Response to a deleted post

4. 01-25-2020, 02:04 PM
    Reason
    Trolling/Response to a deleted post

Force feeding AD is not the answer. I like Ad but IMO Pau played better in the post. AD is playing like a sf out there. Clippers is winning because they are the better team and Doc has out coached frank as well. Frank was heavy on the minutes. Why are you suggesting lebron is just some scrub thatís trying to play Kobe or Kawhi. Using lebron to just facilitate is not the answer either. Lakers arenít deep like that. AD and Lebron are the stars of the team just like Kawhi and Paul are and Kobe and Pau were. You play through the teams strengths. If you get beat then you lost to the better team. Not you canít win playing like that. But you have to maximize your talents to the fullest. Lakers donít have defenders to throw at kawhi like that. You also have to factor in they take out the big guys.

Remember what I said about Clippers different looks the coach can throw at Lebron to disrupt the team. https://youtu.be/_KPLhScbf90 And if you look at the game last night they rushed AD the moment he touched the ball. You can get physical with Davis as well.
    WS is absolutely correct. You can't win consistently against elite teams playing like LBJ does. At least not without a 3rd superstar. The reason why it has worked in the past is because when teams shut LBJ down, which isn't all that hard to do for a contender with good defense (as we've already seen against multiple teams this year and it's happened in the past while he was in his prime, pretty much in the same way it's happening now), is because there was a 3rd star to basically allow him to get away with what amounts to an inferior style of play. We do not have that here so we will not be winning if we continue with that style. We need to make adjustments and play inside out.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Unfortunately, he's nowhere near passing him in what actually matters lol. Also, this is clearly a troll post so please leave. How is this dude still allowed to post in here???
    Seriously, super annoying

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Dwight has been excellent and he's starting to look more and more like the guy he used to be. His stamina isn't quite all there yet, probably because he hasn't been playing heavier minutes until more recently, but if his trajectory continues, he could be the x-factor come playoff time.

WS is absolutely correct. You can't win consistently against elite teams playing like LBJ does. At least not without a 3rd superstar. The reason why it has worked in the past is because when teams shut LBJ down, which isn't all that hard to do for a contender with good defense (as we've already seen against multiple teams this year and it's happened in the past while he was in his prime, pretty much in the same way it's happening now), is because there was a 3rd star to basically allow him to get away with what amounts to an inferior style of play. We do not have that here so we will not be winning if we continue with that style. We need to make adjustments and play inside out.
    No team wins consistently against each other or against elite teams. In order to do that you have to hold some form of advantage. No player in modern nba wins every game or win rings every season. Some are lucky to even win one.

Dwight has been excellent and he's starting to look more and more like the guy he used to be. His stamina isn't quite all there yet, probably because he hasn't been playing heavier minutes until more recently, but if his trajectory continues, he could be the x-factor come playoff time.
    He's averaging 11pts/12rbs/2blks the last 10 games

And some people here wanted noah lol

No team wins consistently against each other or against elite teams. In order to do that you have to hold some form of advantage. No player in modern nba wins every game or win rings every season. Some are lucky to even win one.
    Well you need to be able to win consistently against them in order to win a title since there's usually 2-3 elite teams that you have to beat in a 7-game series to go all the way.

Another major thing thatís been said is we havenít shown all our cards quite yet against certain opponents, Jason Kidd hinted this against the Rockets and I have to believe this has been the mind set all season long. I think weíll see a different game plan offensively and defensively vs all these playoff teams, especially vs Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    He's averaging 11pts/12rbs/2blks the last 10 games

And some people here wanted noah lol
    Or Faried lmfaoooooo there were some other names that had me rolling too...

Another major thing thatís been said is we havenít shown all our cards quite yet against certain opponents, Jason Kidd hinted this against the Rockets and I have to believe this has been the mind set all season long. I think weíll see a different game plan offensively and defensively vs all these playoff teams, especially vs Clippers.
    It has to be the pick & roll at least...

True or not, I want us to make a statement on tuesday against the clippers.

Or Faried lmfaoooooo there were some other names that had me rolling too...
    Speights and Gortat

Sometimes this forum...

LeBron be passing Kobe tonight...LeBron will lock that *** up too

Well you need to be able to win consistently against them in order to win a title since there's usually 2-3 elite teams that you have to beat in a 7-game series to go all the way.
    The only team I can remember that dominate the playoffs were Lakers. They lost 1 game to 76ers. Shaq was clearly a matchup problem for teams.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast