Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Not childish at all. It is a natural human reaction.

Maybe the guy couldn't afford to buy a house (or a better house) because he had to lay out thousands for his kid's education.

Maybe (and quite possibly) he had to work multiple jobs to afford to get his kid's education.

Maybe he did without family vacations to afford to get his kid's education.

People getting stuff for free when others work their butts of for the same thing is nearly impossible to swallow. This point is something liberals NEVER understand. And never will.
    It is such a bizarre thought process to me to go around life tallying up all the benefits others enjoyed that you didn't get to in an attempt to make absolutely everything fair. Dude is a dad from Iowa right? Well if he's a farmer, chances are he just received a massive bailout that I didn't get, but you don't see me complaining.

I agree with ewing, going through life saying "it's not fair they got X when I didn't!" is a very childish response.

Can you come up with something more irrelevant.

Free Advice…do not join the debating team.
    Sorry I figured you could put two and two together. Won’t make that mistake again.

Also life isn’t fair as you so often say. No policy implementation is going to be fair for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is such a bizarre thought process to me to go around life tallying up all the benefits others enjoyed that you didn't get to in an attempt to make absolutely everything fair. Dude is a dad from Iowa right? Well if he's a farmer, chances are he just received a massive bailout that I didn't get, but you don't see me complaining.

I agree with ewing, going through life saying "it's not fair they got X when I didn't!" is a very childish response.
    You like to come off as an educated person but when you make comments like this it really shows how you have no clue at all.

You are equating farmers bailouts with forgetting about student loan debt?

Let's link spending on oil and gas with slave reparations and pay that.

You have no idea how ridiculous all these progressive freebies are. Or the harm they will do. No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Sorry I figured you could put two and two together. Won’t make that mistake again.

Also life isn’t fair as you so often say. No policy implementation is going to be fair for everyone.

Here's the difference between you and me.

I'll put two and two together and come up with four.

You'll put two and two together and come up with …well, whatever you want it to be. And back that up with charts, graphs and photos of starving children.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I paid my own way then I paid off my wife's student loans. Can you guess how many ***** I give about how much your kid or anyone else does or doesn't pay?
    You should care about people getting something for free that you had to pay for. Something they willfully chose to do. Something they signed on for.

Now it's inconvenient to them or they can't find jobs to support their debt, it becomes someone else's problem to chip in??? I don't think so.

If you neighbor can't pay his mortgage and they bank just forgives the loan, are you OK with that???

You like to come off as an educated person but when you make comments like this it really shows how you have no clue at all.

You have no idea how ridiculous all these progressive freebies are. Or the harm they will do. No idea.
    Yes in both instances they are getting a monetary benefit for something they didn't do. In the same way you can say "if you don't want student debt, shouldn't have gone to college" I can say "if you don't want to have to file for bankruptcy because your farm is unprofitable, shouldn't have become a farmer".

It's the same logic. I could find literally hundreds of examples of people getting things that they didn't pay for but you, through your taxes, did. Trying to figure it all out in a perfect ledger is faulty. You have received things you haven't paid for just as others have.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yes in both instances they are getting a monetary benefit for something they didn't do. In the same way you can say "if you don't want student debt, shouldn't have gone to college" I can say "if you don't want to have to file for bankruptcy because your farm is unprofitable, shouldn't have become a farmer".

It's the same logic. I could find literally hundreds of examples of people getting things that they didn't pay for but you, through your taxes, did. Trying to figure it all out in a perfect ledger is faulty. You have received things you haven't paid for just as others have.
    Farming subsidies, oil and gas write offs and other corporate policies are designed to keep and entire industry (and hence the US economy) viable and competitive. And they provide tons of jobs and billions in income.

Writing off student loans (and the eventual free tuition that will inevitably follow) will accomplish nothing. These people will still not have jobs, tuition will skyrocket (since the government pays) and the economy will suffer. And nothing will change.

Liberals constantly try to solve the results of bad programs rather than the root cause of those programs. I listed several expenses that could be addressed…how come they never are? It's always pay at the end, never control in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Who is the predatory load service for college loans? The US government took over all student loans 10 years ago.
    ...and it’s still predatory...

Nor do you. You just happen to be the one not wanting to try something different to fix a problem and are ok with #notmyproblem for all of life’s situations.

Farming subsidies, oil and gas write offs and other corporate policies are designed to keep and entire industry (and hence the US economy) viable and competitive. And they provide tons of jobs and billions in income.

Writing off student loans (and the eventual free tuition that will inevitably follow) will accomplish nothing. These people will still not have jobs, tuition will skyrocket (since the government pays) and the economy will suffer. And nothing will change.

Liberals constantly try to solve the results of bad programs rather than the root cause of those programs. I listed several expenses that could be addressed…how come they never are? It's always pay at the end, never control in the beginning.
    This guy making $80k would love to not have the $500/month he pays to student loans to try and dig out as soon as possible and rather spend that in the economy.

I’m one of the more fortunate ones.

Your position comes down to education is only valuable if you can afford it. That’s pathetic.

It’s funny because you couldn’t be more wrong. There’s huge fear that student debt could cause the next fiscal collapse and removing these debts off of people’s ledger would be a huge boon to the economy as it would immediately greatly increase a wide swath of people’s purchasing power which would then greatly inject the markets across the board and create more jobs and income etc etc.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    This guy making $80k would love to not have the $500/month he pays to student loans to try and dig out as soon as possible and rather spend that in the economy.

Your position comes down to education is only valuable if you can afford it. That’s pathetic.
    And he’s so wrong because it’s bad business for our nation in competing on a global scale. A ton of people put off higher education on all levels because they don’t want to be straddled with the debt when it would be good not only did them but for the market as a whole.

A better educated workforce is a more competitive workforce.

Yankees Farm System

You should care about people getting something for free that you had to pay for. Something they willfully chose to do. Something they signed on for.

Now it's inconvenient to them or they can't find jobs to support their debt, it becomes someone else's problem to chip in??? I don't think so.

If you neighbor can't pay his mortgage and they bank just forgives the loan, are you OK with that???
    no guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post

Wrong again. And so wrong it mystifies me.

Education is free from K - 12…and sometimes they even feed you.

If you're good and can take advantage of that free education, you can even move into advanced education for … ta da…free (but I don't think they will feed you).

In addition…you can get free advanced education by going into the military and putting in a few years…pretty good deal.

For the record…I paid nothing for my education thru a graduate degree. The GI Bill paid for most of it and my company paid for the rest…I had to qualify and be deemed worthy or else I was on my own. Point is that there are sources out there that will reward better qualified people and others (like the military) that are a huge help. Just arbitrarily forgetting tuition and them making tuition free is insulting to others who have made their way. It will never be acceptable…except to the snowflakes.

Additionally, it is my belief that a parent is responsible for getting their child educated and creating the eventual adult. Think about it before you crank 'em out. I can only afford to get two gkids thru college. So if I decide to have six…I should depend on others to pay for it. Sorry I just don't see it.

It's all there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    It’s funny because you couldn’t be more wrong. There’s huge fear that student debt could cause the next fiscal collapse and removing these debts off of people’s ledger would be a huge boon to the economy as it would immediately greatly increase a wide swath of people’s purchasing power which would then greatly inject the markets across the board and create more jobs and income etc etc.

you guys disagree about the value of this program. when you are predicting what the effects of something will be and no one knows for sure that happens. Its reasonable. Getting bent out of the shape b/c someone received a benefit you did not isn't. When i decide to go to college I knew what it cost. When i got involved with my wife I knew she had loans we would have to pay. No one sandbagged me. If someone else gets a different deal now that is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast