Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 196
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Its always smart buying votes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. It’s always smart to do what voters will reward you for. Almost like that’s how politics works. The Iraq and Afghanistan Wars bought a whole lot of votes. I don’t see you expressing concern about that. But in Warren’s plan no one dies and it helps poor and middle class people. So there is the difference.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,686
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Pay off existing debt.

    Allow schools to charge what they want.

    Eliminate predatory loan servicing so that education is encouraged and not a gamble that the market will provide a job. Education should not function solely for the satisfaction of employment supply & demand.

    Rip the military budget down and reappropriate funds to debt payoff programs.

    Sit back and watch financial stress be lifted off of America’s intellectual population.
    Who is the predatory load service for college loans? The US government took over all student loans 10 years ago.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,892
    How will we ever afford it right? We need that money so the rich get more tax cuts and we can bloat the military budget. There's no way the trillions of dollars Trump just spent not actually improving the lives of regular American citizens could have helped keep people out of crippling debt or keep them healthy.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,354
    Some of you people defy belief.

    Have any of you people sympathetic to the idiotic student loan forgiveness idea ever worked for anything? Have you gone thru car loans, mortgage payments, credit card bills etc. Have you ever gotten your monthly bills and had trouble making ends meet?? Woner ewhere the money will come from?? Any of you ever done that???

    Suppose you work you *** off to get a great car, scraped up the down payment and went thru the two hour buying process then you find out that your buddy got one for free because "he needs one."

    Suppose your neighbor can't make his mortgage payment but the bank simply forgives the loan while you pay yours…you okay with that?

    And how come, with all the complaints about student loans, no one ever talks about professors taking a little less, schools doing a little less building, coaches making millions of dollars a year (side note: the highest paid public employee in 40 of the 50 states [or 57 states for BO] is a coach), absurd amounts being paid into sports (side note: some Texas college spent almost $10 million renovating the football locker room), millions and millions of dollars being spent/wasted on social outlets and programs, diversity BS, ridiculous courses, and on and on and on.

    Many of you are doing what liberals always do…temper the result of the problem (and buy votes) but not solve the problem. The end result of tuition reimbursement and student loan forgiveness will be higher tuitions (and more building, higher salaries for professors etc..). As soon as someone else pays for something, the lid is off. (This is one reason why health care is so expensive.

    The guy in the video with Lizzie is pissed off because he worked hard to get his kids thru and others are going to have their loans simply erased (not to mention the coming free tuition for illegal immigrants.) I get wher the guy is coming from…been there, done that, and am still there.

    If you cannot afford college, don't go and run up bills, Just like everything else you will encounter if/when you grow up.

    If you can't see that, you ore pretty much hopeless,

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The problem was created when the government got into the college loans business.
    This is probably the only response in this thread worth reading and understanding.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,686
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    You mean 2010 or whenever they took it over?

    I would say it was a big problem way before that. Conceptually it’s a terrible system where you reward young kids with crippling lifelong debt at a time when there is next to no option for them all to pay it off. It benefits businesses just as much to have an educated workforce and they are far more likely to be able to absorb the cost than an 18 year old kid that has likely never worked a job much above minimum wage.

    You want an educated workforce? Then they should be responsible for the tax that allows them to have one.

    And it’s counterproductive to create monetary barriers to creating a better workforce economically. If you want to create other barriers to make sure you aren’t wasting money for kids that aren’t smart enough or interested in college, fine. But a monetary one is stupid because a higher educated workforce is a higher performing country economically speaking.
    It was a problem before that too that's true. I think fundamentally schools are too nice, and the easy availability of loans has lead to the incredible increase in services available and cost of college. If there was less money available the schools would have to get cheaper or have fewer students.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Some of you people defy belief.

    Have any of you people sympathetic to the idiotic student loan forgiveness idea ever worked for anything? Have you gone thru car loans, mortgage payments, credit card bills etc. Have you ever gotten your monthly bills and had trouble making ends meet?? Woner ewhere the money will come from?? Any of you ever done that???

    Suppose you work you *** off to get a great car, scraped up the down payment and went thru the two hour buying process then you find out that your buddy got one for free because "he needs one."

    Suppose your neighbor can't make his mortgage payment but the bank simply forgives the loan while you pay yours…you okay with that?

    And how come, with all the complaints about student loans, no one ever talks about professors taking a little less, schools doing a little less building, coaches making millions of dollars a year (side note: the highest paid public employee in 40 of the 50 states [or 57 states for BO] is a coach), absurd amounts being paid into sports (side note: some Texas college spent almost $10 million renovating the football locker room), millions and millions of dollars being spent/wasted on social outlets and programs, diversity BS, ridiculous courses, and on and on and on.

    Many of you are doing what liberals always do…temper the result of the problem (and buy votes) but not solve the problem. The end result of tuition reimbursement and student loan forgiveness will be higher tuitions (and more building, higher salaries for professors etc..). As soon as someone else pays for something, the lid is off. (This is one reason why health care is so expensive.

    The guy in the video with Lizzie is pissed off because he worked hard to get his kids thru and others are going to have their loans simply erased (not to mention the coming free tuition for illegal immigrants.) I get wher the guy is coming from…been there, done that, and am still there.

    If you cannot afford college, don't go and run up bills, Just like everything else you will encounter if/when you grow up.

    If you can't see that, you ore pretty much hopeless,
    If you think it is a bad idea, that's fine. I don't know enough to be for or against however the idea that it shouldn't happen b/c you or this guy won't get the benefit and other people would is what a bad child says when he sees someone with something he doesn't have but would like
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3,654
    What is the GOP plan to deal with the problem? Twiddle their thumbs?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,354
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If you think it is a bad idea, that's fine. I don't know enough to be for or against however the idea that it shouldn't happen b/c you or this guy won't get the benefit and other people would is what a bad child says when he sees someone with something he doesn't have but would like
    He is annoyed that he is paying for something others do not have to pay for.

    How can you not understand that?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    He is annoyed that he is paying for something others do not have to pay for.

    How can you not understand that?
    Should we never have enabled child labor laws to get children out of factories because there were children at that time that had worked in them?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    https://twitter.com/scottpresler/sta...156001283?s=21

    Curious what you guys think of this and Warrens plan on student debt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love the guy for standing up to her. Time for students today to take responsibility for their actions. I feel the same way as him; I did without and paid off my student loans.
    Eichel Tower

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    He is annoyed that he is paying for something others do not have to pay for.

    How can you not understand that?
    I get it. Its is a childish reaction
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,354
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Should we never have enabled child labor laws to get children out of factories because there were children at that time that had worked in them?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you come up with something more irrelevant.

    Free Advice…do not join the debating team.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,354
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I get it. Its is a childish reaction
    Not childish at all. It is a natural human reaction.

    Maybe the guy couldn't afford to buy a house (or a better house) because he had to lay out thousands for his kid's education.

    Maybe (and quite possibly) he had to work multiple jobs to afford to get his kid's education.

    Maybe he did without family vacations to afford to get his kid's education.

    People getting stuff for free when others work their butts of for the same thing is nearly impossible to swallow. This point is something liberals NEVER understand. And never will.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Not childish at all. It is a natural human reaction.

    Maybe the guy couldn't afford to buy a house (or a better house) because he had to lay out thousands for his kid's education.

    Maybe (and quite possibly) he had to work multiple jobs to afford to get his kid's education.

    Maybe he did without family vacations to afford to get his kid's education.

    People getting stuff for free when others work their butts of for the same thing is nearly impossible to swallow. This point is something liberals NEVER understand. And never will.
    I paid my own way then I paid off my wife's student loans. Can you guess how many ***** I give about how much your kid or anyone else does or doesn't pay?
    Last edited by ewing; 01-24-2020 at 02:42 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •