Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 196
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,164

    Iowa Dad confronts Elizabeth Warren on her student debt plan

    https://twitter.com/scottpresler/sta...156001283?s=21

    Curious what you guys think of this and Warrens plan on student debt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    https://twitter.com/scottpresler/sta...156001283?s=21

    Curious what you guys think of this and Warrens plan on student debt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like sour grapes that he was a part of a generation that made this a problem and not a solution and he won't get to personally benefit from fixing a broken system that is greatly hindering our economy. And the solution to this problem has a plan that would be offset by a tax on wall street speculation and or a part of a wealth tax. So Unless that guy is leaving and hopping into a lambo I don't see why he's so bothered in the first place.

    I'm also curious what people like him think of the tax cut's that he's barely benefiting from and are financed on nothing and will be paid for by future generations?

    Sometimes doing the right thing won't benefit you personally. But that doesn't mean it still shouldn't be done if it makes sense fiscally and policy wise.
    Yankees Farm System

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,164
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Sounds like sour grapes that he was a part of a generation that made this a problem and not a solution and he won't get to personally benefit from fixing a broken system that is greatly hindering our economy. And the solution to this problem has a plan that would be offset by a tax on wall street speculation and or a part of a wealth tax. So Unless that guy is leaving and hopping into a lambo I don't see why he's so bothered in the first place.

    I'm also curious what people like him think of the tax cut's that he's barely benefiting from and are financed on nothing and will be paid for by future generations?

    Sometimes doing the right thing won't benefit you personally. But that doesn't mean it still shouldn't be done if it makes sense fiscally and policy wise.
    Her plan is a bandaid and not a permanent fix. Itís more socialism policies


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    https://twitter.com/scottpresler/sta...156001283?s=21

    Curious what you guys think of this and Warrens plan on student debt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That guy is a jerkoff


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,604
    He is mad because he wasn't able to benefit from this? That makes sense to a lunatic. Imagine how ridiculous this would sound if this was about literally anything else. The man would be laughed out of any room if he wasn't making a stupid political point that some folks agree with.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,648
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Sounds like sour grapes that he was a part of a generation that made this a problem and not a solution and he won't get to personally benefit from fixing a broken system that is greatly hindering our economy. And the solution to this problem has a plan that would be offset by a tax on wall street speculation and or a part of a wealth tax. So Unless that guy is leaving and hopping into a lambo I don't see why he's so bothered in the first place.

    I'm also curious what people like him think of the tax cut's that he's barely benefiting from and are financed on nothing and will be paid for by future generations?

    Sometimes doing the right thing won't benefit you personally. But that doesn't mean it still shouldn't be done if it makes sense fiscally and policy wise.
    The problem was created when the government got into the college loans business.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,756
    Pay off existing debt.

    Allow schools to charge what they want.

    Eliminate predatory loan servicing so that education is encouraged and not a gamble that the market will provide a job. Education should not function solely for the satisfaction of employment supply & demand.

    Rip the military budget down and reappropriate funds to debt payoff programs.

    Sit back and watch financial stress be lifted off of Americaís intellectual population.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    https://twitter.com/scottpresler/sta...156001283?s=21

    Curious what you guys think of this and Warrens plan on student debt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heís a *****.

    She needs more sustainability of her program, but itís smart short-term.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,164
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Heís a *****.

    She needs more sustainability of her program, but itís smart short-term.
    Its always smart buying votes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Its always smart buying votes
    Donít kid yourself, all votes are bought.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Its always smart buying votes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holy ****. You mean people vote for the candidate they think will benefit them?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The problem was created when the government got into the college loans business.
    You mean 2010 or whenever they took it over?

    I would say it was a big problem way before that. Conceptually itís a terrible system where you reward young kids with crippling lifelong debt at a time when there is next to no option for them all to pay it off. It benefits businesses just as much to have an educated workforce and they are far more likely to be able to absorb the cost than an 18 year old kid that has likely never worked a job much above minimum wage.

    You want an educated workforce? Then they should be responsible for the tax that allows them to have one.

    And itís counterproductive to create monetary barriers to creating a better workforce economically. If you want to create other barriers to make sure you arenít wasting money for kids that arenít smart enough or interested in college, fine. But a monetary one is stupid because a higher educated workforce is a higher performing country economically speaking.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,112
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Heís a *****.

    She needs more sustainability of her program, but itís smart short-term.
    Agreed, college expenses are allowed to balloon like crazy and that absolutely needs to get addressed. I donít think it has anything to do with teacher salaries or tenure or anything like that. Itís just theyíre almost always expanding the campuses. The gym at my college I went to just got upgraded did the 2nd time in like 10 years has like 4 floors including a lazy river in it.

    I think money from sports programs should be capped on what is spent on the coaches/programs and excess should be collected by the NCAA and used to pay down actual college expenses like books and other student fees.

    Itís insane that the highest paying public officials in each state is a college football coach.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,499
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Holy ****. You mean people vote for the candidate they think will benefit them?
    I make it a point to vote for the candidate who will not benefit me. Nobody buys my vote with things I want to see happen!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3,652
    Heís acting like everyone can save money but some just choose not too. Talk about out of touch.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •