Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Mike Florio's comments: Fair or Foul?

Be sure to listen to the whole quote...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...239560488.html

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

I'm gonna go with foul. He could have just said they need to hit him and be physical when they can and there's no issues, but encouraging an illegal hit or even suggesting to take the penalty when he's inside the 5 is Bush league bs. But dirty players already think that way, look at Talib in SB50. He admitted that he slung philly brown by his facemask because he was already within the 5 yard line so it didn't matter.

Lucky for Mahomes he's the golden boy and you can guarantee the NFL won't allow him to get hurt.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

That run Mahomes had against Tennessee, every defender thought he was going out of bounds. That is very much a problem because you can't have QBs faking to go out of bounds. So until there is a rule about it, defenders need to be proactive. But it doesn't have be a dirty hit.

As for knocking QBs out of the game, that used to be a standard NFL defensive approach for decades. I guess the 49ers could try to do it, but unless you can guarantee the result on the first attempt, it'll probably backfire with all the penalties and possible ejections applied to hits on QBs nowadays.

The 49ers defense should be good enough to not have to rely on that; they'll likely try to avoid big plays and attempt to stop the Chiefs offense in the red zone.

He was trying to say it without actually saying it..llullz

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That run Mahomes had against Tennessee, every defender thought he was going out of bounds. That is very much a problem because you can't have QBs faking to go out of bounds. So until there is a rule about it, defenders need to be proactive. But it doesn't have be a dirty hit.
    I very much agree with this. I forget who it was (I think Brown) you could see let up a little because Mahomes was going straight to the sideline as if he was going to go OB. Then he cuts upfield. If the defender kept coming and Mahomes goes OB, the hit happens late, and it's a 15 yard penalty. If the defender lets up, well we say what happened. I think Ref's need to be smarter about those late hit flags and understand the situation.

So I get the point that Florio was trying to make is that the offense is given the whole advantage, and that they need to get that changed.

HOWEVER -
    This is the same Florio that complained when the Steelers kept sending guys to get hits on RGIII in the last game of the regular season in the way he's saying the Niners should do it. Basically every time there was a RPO or any QB movement, we were sending Watt and Dupree to take a shot at RGIII, and we landed quite a few on him that were not called.