Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Captain Adrian Peterson A True Leader

Welcome back Adrian Peterson!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...drian-peterson

This guy is a true example of leadership. He gives it all every single game and doesn't complain not one bit (Even when he was unfairly benched by Gruden). He's only making roughly 2 and a half million per season, yet he's not whining about more money. He's a great guy to have in the locker room for the young guys to look up to. He has been the most consistent player on the skins the past 3 years.

I'm fine with keeping Peterson. What we need to do is start the season with him getting 20-plus carries a game, and gradually handing off carries to Guice and Love as they come back from their knee injuries. As we saw with Guice, it's best to ease someone into more carries and not just anoint them the bell cow immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I'm fine with keeping Peterson. What we need to do is start the season with him getting 20-plus carries a game, and gradually handing off carries to Guice and Love as they come back from their knee injuries. As we saw with Guice, it's best to ease someone into more carries and not just anoint them the bell cow immediately.
    I agree. Peterson gets stronger and more effective as the game goes on with more carries.

I also like the added mentorship of someone who knows what it takes to be great. Peterson has special talent obviously, so that helps. But he also fought back from an ACL injury, some personal baggage, and has remained well liked and productive. It can't hurt to have him in our locker room.