Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McNabb

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    lets take a look at what that defense did kid

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/post/

seriously people the information is there... imagine for a second if you told a QB he only had to score 20 points total to win a game in this sport over the last 20 years.... look at what that defense did in the wins and lets see how many wins he had when the defense couldnt hold the team to under 20.

mcnabb never won a game in the playoffers where he had out score an oppenonent beyond the teens...
    Take a look at the Eagles regular season PPG most years, 'kid'.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/...rGame/dir/desc

I'm not as invested as Eagles fans will be, but in the available years on my ESPN link (only starts at 2004), the Eagles are a top 10 scoring offense pretty consistently, and I'd imagine the years they're not are probably years where McNabb was injured. Seems like the offense was carrying its weight most years.

And this is a time period where teams weren't just scoring 30 points every game. Defenses were much more impactful back then and offenses could get abused unlike today. Sure, he had some stinkers against elite defenses (2003 Panthers, 2002 Bucs, 2000 Giants) but otherwise it looks like they were consistently scoring in the 20s and lost 2 NFCCG and a SB despite scoring 21+.

I honestly hope you can see the irony in what you're saying about McNabb given your hard on for Wilson.

seriously people the information is there... imagine for a second if you told a QB he only had to score 20 points total to win a game in this sport over the last 20 years.... look at what that defense did in the wins and lets see how many wins he had when the defense couldnt hold the team to under 20.
    Your homeboy won games against elite all time offenses where his elite all time defense held them to less than 14.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Take a look at the Eagles regular season PPG most years, 'kid'.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/...rGame/dir/desc

I'm not as invested as Eagles fans will be, but in the available years on my ESPN link (only starts at 2004), the Eagles are a top 10 scoring offense pretty consistently, and I'd imagine the years they're not are probably years where McNabb was injured. Seems like the offense was carrying its weight most years.

And this is a time period where teams weren't just scoring 30 points every game. Defenses were much more impactful back then and offenses could get abused unlike today. Sure, he had some stinkers against elite defenses (2003 Panthers, 2002 Bucs, 2000 Giants) but otherwise it looks like they were consistently scoring in the 20s and lost 2 NFCCG and a SB despite scoring 21+.

I honestly hope you can see the irony in what you're saying about McNabb given your hard on for Wilson.

Your homeboy won games against elite all time offenses where his elite all time defense held them to less than 14.
    I don't have the energy. Thanks.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

LMAO OMG gaiz, Wilson has only ever one a single game where his opponents scored more than the teens!!!! And he plays in the 2010s where offenses get handed everything!!!!

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    LMAO OMG gaiz, Wilson has only ever one a single game where his opponents scored more than the teens!!!! And he plays in the 2010s where offenses get handed everything!!!!

Shhhhhh.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

reid is in the superbowl... andy has excelled with just about if not every QB under his tenure and owens/mcnabb are currently headlines.... do you keep up on the daily news with sports?
    No, I'm a mushroom.
    I know of nothing that has transpired since 1984 because I believed Orwell
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

my god and i know i will get killed by the 900 eagles fans on this site but i dont care but my god. He had everything except wideouts which werent horrid and was never actually very good with one of the goat coaches who makes QB great year after year.
    You just told on yourself. You don't know football. Lol. Have a good day.

#24ever

he was good under andy reid but overrated as hell and as soon as he left andy reid he was trash at the ripe old age of what 33 in an offensive era........... they moved on from him for a reason and he really wasnt that good to begin with and had similar issues that wentz has right now with the short accuracy while being legit half as talented so why do people think mcnabb was good? How many time do we need to see andy make guys really good before we realize its the coach to a degree? if mcnabb was putting up mahomes numbers id have 0 issues but he was legit an alright QB under andy with insane amounts of help at the oline/defense/runningback positions and had alright wideouts.

my god and i know i will get killed by the 900 eagles fans on this site but i dont care but my god. He had everything except wideouts which werent horrid and was never actually very good with one of the goat coaches who makes QB great year after year.
    You're confused.

#24ever

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Point blank, you're an idiot for making this post. I am far from McNabb's biggest fan, but to think he was some scrub that Andy Reid made look like an OK QB is blasphemous.

Kevin Curtis
    Todd Pinkson
    Reggie Brown
    Freddie Mitchell
    Grew Lewis
    James Thrash
    Na Brown
    Torrence Small

Yeah anyone wanna roll with those WR's. Aside from 1 season with TO he worked with nothing at WR in the 1st half of his career. And aside from a couple seasons of Maclin and DJax at the end of his career when it was clear he was winding down and injuries had taken their toll he didn't have much either. Andy might be one of the best QB coaches to ever step foot on an NFL field, but you're an idiot if you act like McNabb worked with a stacked offense.
    Again, this is apparently what passes as decent WR's in the eyes of MTM. Anyone born before in the 21st century even know who these guys are? Even in passing doing research? Lol. I seriously can't believe I'm even having to defend McNabb.

2nd best running back in football/2nd best coach/best defensive coord/sick Oline/ mediocre to alright wideouts at best.... if he had wideouts minus 1 of the other things he leads the eagles to an 8-8 record at best.... i have told you for years defense is the QBs best weapons and your QB had it for years constantly and he couldnt ever get over the hump...
    I love Westbrook but he was never the second best RB in football.

Mcnabb was a great QB, wasnít the smartest QB and wasnít a top tier guy but he absolutely wasnít just made by Reid. The defense and line was always good but he had zero receiving outside of TO and the screen in Westbrook. Itís sad to say Wentz has had better receiving options so far in his career than Mcnabb has ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

McNabb has one of the best throws I ever saw in the super bowl. I think it was to pinkston. The thing looked like it would murder him haha

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    McNabb has one of the best throws I ever saw in the super bowl. I think it was to pinkston. The thing looked like it would murder him haha
    I always thought Pinkston was pretty good. But back in 2002ish I played more Madden more than I watched actual Eagles games.

Throwing deep to a double covered TO in that game was basically a cheat code. He'd get the ball every time.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Again, this is apparently what passes as decent WR's in the eyes of MTM. Anyone born before in the 21st century even know who these guys are? Even in passing doing research? Lol. I seriously can't believe I'm even having to defend McNabb.
    Lol, I mean I know you mention them in the next paragraph. But the fact that you don't include Maclin, DeSean, or TO in this list is pretty disingenuous. Even Westbrook would play out of the slot sometimes, and was an excellent receiving back.

And you can make excuses for Donovan all you want that he was "winding down" and his career was "shortened by injuries", but this is just avoiding the obvious. McNabb was lazy. It was something that followed his entire career. As much as I can't stand TO sometimes, and the way he went about it was 100% wrong... He was right. McNabb lacked cardio, and more than likely had a major problem with alcohol. And the minute he could no longer make players with his feet he turned into a below average QB. Watching his fatass huff and puff in the 4th quarter of that Super Bowl was embarrassing. He had the best WR in the NFL that year and he ****in blew it.

Those teams were absolutely stacked for half a decade on both sides of the ball. Was everything perfect for Donovan? No. But if you're a QB that needs everything perfect for you to be successful, than guess what? You aren't that good. He got D-Jax and Maclin when he was 31 and 32. While he was becoming a worse QB. What QB that is actually great declines at 31 as they get the best targets they've ever had? Dude was mediocre, that looked good because of unique physical talent, and Andy Reid. Never had the work ethic or drive to be great.

He's not overrated just because the end of his career proved to people that he was a sham. Reid knew it. TO knew it. Shanahan knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Lol, I mean I know you mention them in the next paragraph. But the fact that you don't include Maclin, DeSean, or TO in this list is pretty disingenuous. Even Westbrook would play out of the slot sometimes, and was an excellent receiving back.

And you can make excuses for Donovan all you want that he was "winding down" and his career was "shortened by injuries", but this is just avoiding the obvious. McNabb was lazy. It was something that followed his entire career. As much as I can't stand TO sometimes, and the way he went about it was 100% wrong... He was right. McNabb lacked cardio, and more than likely had a major problem with alcohol. And the minute he could no longer make players with his feet he turned into a below average QB. Watching his fatass huff and puff in the 4th quarter of that Super Bowl was embarrassing. He had the best WR in the NFL that year and he ****in blew it.

Those teams were absolutely stacked for half a decade on both sides of the ball. Was everything perfect for Donovan? No. But if you're a QB that needs everything perfect for you to be successful, than guess what? You aren't that good. He got D-Jax and Maclin when he was 31 and 32. While he was becoming a worse QB. What QB that is actually great declines at 31 as they get the best targets they've ever had? Dude was mediocre, that looked good because of unique physical talent, and Andy Reid. Never had the work ethic or drive to be great.

He's not overrated just because the end of his career proved to people that he was a sham. Reid knew it. TO knew it. Shanahan knew it.
    Lots of fail here.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post

People shouldn't debate things which they don't understand. I've said it several times that I am not even remotely close to McNabb's biggest fan, but to act like there wasn't a window in the 1st half of McNabb's career that he wasn't a top 10 QB in the entire league is blasphemous and clearly are too young to remember how good he was or so full of your own **** to admit that he was. Nobody here is putting McNabb in the HOF or even saying he was an elite QB for a period of time, but to act like McNabb hasn't good and had great weapons at his disposal throughout is career is ridiculous. Aside from 1 year in his prime with TO, the 1st 2 years of DJax+rookie season of Maclin at the end of the career his WR's were complete trash. Most of these guys didn't even belong on an NFL roster let alone starting.

The takes in this thread lol.

#24ever

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast