Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McNabb

Did you even watch McNabb? Lol.

#24ever

Even with the best Rb in football, which Philly never had, you have to have “competent” receivers. To argue otherwise is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Did you even watch McNabb? Lol.
    It’s comical.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It’s comical.
    I'm in disbelief lol.

McNabb wasn't perfect, but he definitely wasn't just "okay" or even overrated. I don't think anyone here has ever "overrated" McNabb. He's a fringe HOF who won't get in, but he's one of the greatest Eagles of all time. Hell, most fans hate him but they can acknowledge that he was at least a top tier QB during his prime.

#24ever

Even with the best Rb in football, which Philly never had, you have to have “competent” receivers. To argue otherwise is silly.
    2nd best running back in football/2nd best coach/best defensive coord/sick Oline/ mediocre to alright wideouts at best.... if he had wideouts minus 1 of the other things he leads the eagles to an 8-8 record at best.... i have told you for years defense is the QBs best weapons and your QB had it for years constantly and he couldnt ever get over the hump...

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I'm in disbelief lol.

McNabb wasn't perfect, but he definitely wasn't just "okay" or even overrated. I don't think anyone here has ever "overrated" McNabb. He's a fringe HOF who won't get in, but he's one of the greatest Eagles of all time. Hell, most fans hate him but they can acknowledge that he was at least a top tier QB during his prime.

my god and i know i will get killed by the 900 eagles fans on this site but i dont care but my god. He had everything except wideouts which werent horrid and was never actually very good with one of the goat coaches who makes QB great year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    2nd best running back in football/2nd best coach/best defensive coord/sick Oline/ mediocre to alright wideouts at best.... if he had wideouts minus 1 of the other things he leads the eagles to an 8-8 record at best.... i have told you for years defense is the QBs best weapons and your QB had it for years constantly and he couldnt ever get over the hump...
    Couldn’t get over the hump. He had a true receiver for 1 season and was in the SB. Weird. Someone has to catch footballs, regardless.

my god and i know i will get killed by the 900 eagles fans on this site but i dont care but my god. He had everything except wideouts which werent horrid and was never actually very good with one of the goat coaches who makes QB great year after year.
    Didnt he have like 5 NFCCG appearances? I'm just saying, with a single SB win hed be a HOF lock, I think it's totally fair to call him a fringe HOF candidate. I think he was consistently a top 5ish QB for most of his career, who would you put over him most years? Peyton and Brady most years, Brees some years, Warner some years, Favre some years. I'm probably forgetting someone, but I seem to remember him being one of the better QBs most seasons.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Couldn’t get over the hump. He had a true receiver for 1 season and was in the SB. Weird. Someone has to catch footballs, regardless.
    your team was loaded... anytime the eagles defense gave up more then 19 points which some came by pick sixes might i add the eagles lost

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/post/

your defense held the other team in his only superbowl run to 24 total points in 2 games which were 2 wins before giving up 24 points in the superbowl in a loss.... your QB had everything while being a game manager and a top defense and still couldnt get the job done

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Didnt he have like 5 NFCCG appearances? I'm just saying, with a single SB win hed be a HOF lock, I think it's totally fair to call him a fringe HOF candidate. I think he was consistently a top 5ish QB for most of his career, who would you put over him most years? Peyton and Brady most years, Brees some years, Warner some years, Favre some years. I'm probably forgetting someone, but I seem to remember him being one of the better QBs most seasons.
    lets take a look at what that defense did kid

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/post/

seriously people the information is there... imagine for a second if you told a QB he only had to score 20 points total to win a game in this sport over the last 20 years.... look at what that defense did in the wins and lets see how many wins he had when the defense couldnt hold the team to under 20.

mcnabb never won a game in the playoffers where he had out score an oppenonent beyond the teens...
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-23-2020 at 10:50 AM.

more weapons then anyone when you factor in coach/runningback/defense and was trash in the playoffs... gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That said, I think people are really underselling McNabb on here. He wasn't elite, but he was definitely in that second tier of 2000s QBs. His 2001 season was ****ing insane for the time period.
    This and he fell off when he left Philly because he was old and had been injured a lot in his career.

BR but they considered him one of the 10 most injured players back in 2012.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...history#slide0
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

How many drops did TO have?

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    This and he fell off when he left Philly because he was old and had been injured a lot in his career.

BR but they considered him one of the 10 most injured players back in 2012.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...history#slide0
    so what was the excuse with philly? it had 0 to do with the injuries when he left because he didnt have the best QB coach ever to carry him along with a top defense/running game and so on down the list... if the defense gave up 20 in the playoffs HE LOST... he had damn near as many turnovers in the playoffs as he had touchdowns... he had more then enough all around weapons but all people focus on is wideouts but negate how the eagles defense was holding teams to under 2 touchdowns and how favre came out and stated he hated playing the DCood more than anyone and i wonder why that was? MCNABB NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME WHERE HE HAD TO SCORE LIKE 20 PLUS I BELIEVE LMFAO... In the 2000s xD

so what was the excuse with philly?
    I'm sure the ACL tear in 2006 was tough.

Palmer, Bradford, Wentz, Watson, RG3, Brady each had an ACL tear in their careers. Other than Brady, McNabb had the best career of them so far. I google'd ACL tear QB so there may be other names I missed, dunno.

-Scott van Pelt

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast