Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    You and I have been calling for this for what, 4 years now?
    Do you think adding refs would decrease the number of calls like Scoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not teams, but the NBA should add a 4th ref and change the way they are moved and responsibilities on calls.
    You can add three more refs but as long as clowns like Tony Brothers are allowed to ref, it wonít matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Do you think adding refs would decrease the number of calls like Scoot?

are they changing the rules too?

The Denver Nuggets trade Paul Millsap, Monte Morris and Malik Beasley to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Chris Paul and Hamidou Diallo.
    Denver doesn't currently have the balls to contend. Paul has big balls. He's basically a slightly older version of the Chauncey Billups. He'd never have to play more than 30 minutes per game. He can hit big shots near the end and get switched out with Harris when they need more defense.
    It's a win-now move if Denver believes in Jokic and Murray. I doubt they have the cap space to hold onto Beasley anyway.
    The Thunder have been a nice story, but Morris, Beasley and $30 million off the books next season are a nice return for Paul's massive contract.

they should go back to 2
    No refs, let the players call the fouls.

No refs, let the players call the fouls.
    Not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    You can add three more refs but as long as clowns like Tony Brothers are allowed to ref, it wonít matter.

It would matter. they blow the whistle way to much already. You keep adding more its just going to get worse

It would matter. they blow the whistle way to much already. You keep adding more its just going to get worse
    Amen. They aren't going to call games better, they're just going to call more bad calls. NBA needs to use a system like Tennis/Soccer uses for things like offsides and where the ball hits to help refs not have to look at a players feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    You and I have been calling for this for what, 4 years now?
    I have hope. I'd rather take it to 6 refs and get rid of replay.

You are making an assumption. More refs with more defined roles could reasonably lead to fewer blown calls which will get the players to adjust and be less likely to knowingly commit those fouls.

It's not the number of fouls called it's the inconsistency that is the problem, and more refs reduces inconsistency.
    Last edited by Scoots; 01-24-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Amen. They aren't going to call games better, they're just going to call more bad calls. NBA needs to use a system like Tennis/Soccer uses for things like offsides and where the ball hits to help refs not have to look at a players feet.
    That would be fine with me, but that's a LONG way off.

I think human nature will dictate that adding more refs will increase the number of foul calls.

You are making an assumption. More refs with more defined roles could reasonably lead to fewer blown calls which will get the players to adjust and be less likely to knowingly commit those fouls.

It's not the number of fouls called it's the inconsistency that is the problem, and more refs reduces inconsistency.
    When you predict what would happen thatís an assumption. This whole thread is based on making an assumption. Mine happens to be logical. I also disagree that the # of fouls called and what is consistently called a foul isnít a problem. It is and another ref would make it worse

When you predict what would happen thatís an assumption. This whole thread is based on making an assumption. Mine happens to be logical. I also disagree that the # of fouls called and what is consistently called a foul isnít a problem. It is and another ref would make it worse
    If every foul and every infraction was called perfectly 100% of the time would that work for you or do you want it to be a little sloppy?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think human nature will dictate that adding more refs will increase the number of foul calls.
    Right now players know they can break the rules and get away with it so they plan and train to break the rules. Because of that there are fouls on every play. If they were caught regularly then they would stop intentionally fouling all the time and the refs would find it more difficult to find things to call. We know that works as we've seen it work in the past when the NBA adjusts how things are called, the refs focus on it, players quickly stop doing it, then we add the slop back in as focus changes and players go back to trying to find the limits of what the refs will see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast