Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    It's the Steelers fault
    How?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I remember when all this drama started, Ryan Clark said giving AB a big contract would turn him into a monster.

So red flags regarding AB's personality have probably always existed.

About the narrative that he hasn't been the same since the Burfict hit... that's not how CTE works.
    He was kicked out of his first college for fighting before he was even enrolled and had to make CMU as a walk on, and wasn't a problem because he respected the coach for giving him a chance. He had the same level of respect for Dan Rooney, because Dan is the one that pounded the table for him, then basically forced Tomlin to keep Brown (who was in the three way battle with Sanders and Grisham) on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I remember when all this drama started, Ryan Clark said giving AB a big contract would turn him into a monster.

So red flags regarding AB's personality have probably always existed.

About the narrative that he hasn't been the same since the Burfict hit... that's not how CTE works.
    This. CTE specifically cannot occur from big hits. CTE happens from repeated minor hits, like an OLman hitting a DLman on every play 16 games a year for 5 years.

The same thing happens when riding a rollercoaster, if you chose to ride a rollercoaster a few hundred times a year for a few years, you'd get CTE.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by stejay View Post
    Honest question, has a player in any sport fallen from grace this fast and this severe at such a high level? To go from a HOFer to a petty thief within 2 years. Insane
    You just don't really hear about it for non-star players. With the % of former NFL players who are broke within a few years of playing, there likely are lots of scenarios like this. Just with guys who played a game or two instead of years.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Antonio Brown was granted bail after a lengthy back-and-forth hearing. His bond with be 100K and he will be required to get GPS monitoring, release his passport and guns, go through drug and alcohol testing and a mental health evaluation.
    - Cameron Wolfe

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Haha I never saw the stuff on the deposition for the furniture throwing incident.

Arrived nearly 30 minutes late to the deposition.

[Brown’s] antics were so unreasonable that barely twenty [20] minutes into the deposition, his counsel asked for a break [so] he could speak with [Brown] about his demeanor.

After approximately 20-30 minutes, [Brown] required another break. When the deposition resumed [Brown] increased his level of obstructive behavior. At one point, [Brown] refused to answer any questions, instead saying “next question” no less than 10 times.

Soon thereafter, [Brown] started announcing a countdown, starting at ‘five (5) minutes,’ and counting down the minutes thereafter. Before noon [Brown] left the conference room.

Kind of funny that he pulled a BB during a legal proceeding. Shows the bubble sports people live in and how incompatible it is with the real world.

-Scott van Pelt

when released, he embarrassed his attorney by yelling 'I don't need you to be my chapperone' as he ran the wrong direction when told to get in the car
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Funny how he's trying to run from the media and he's trying to avoid the media when he was trying to do anything and everything to stay relevant on social media with his antics...but now that it has got to this point...house arrest and now he has to undergo a psych evaluation as well as whatever other charges he's facing but trying to get reduced...maybe now he can finally get the help he needs. Maybe this is finally his rock bottom. I hope but AB is just gonna do something worse to top himself. I give it a week or a month before he starts acting up again. Any regular Joe would have received prison time but AB skates again. Justice system is so damn flawed.

Antonio Brown

Did y'all catch his ESPN in depth full interview basically issuing an apology to the entire NFL but also addressing all of his off field incidents as of late? AB for me he definitely needs help but he obviously won't take advantage of it. To me Antonio he seemed sincere in the interview but in my opinion he definitely is not sincere. Why? AB always does this and then it will be right back to saying F the NFL. So why should this be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Did y'all catch his ESPN in depth full interview basically issuing an apology to the entire NFL but also addressing all of his off field incidents as of late? AB for me he definitely needs help but he obviously won't take advantage of it. To me Antonio he seemed sincere in the interview but in my opinion he definitely is not sincere. Why? AB always does this and then it will be right back to saying F the NFL. So why should this be any different?
    he apologized to the entire Raiders locker room 24 hours before demanding his release from them, did he not?

Why is it always mental health?? I mean Antonio Brown could just be a gigantic piece of ****. I really think it's that simple. He's just a self centered douche bag who can't handle everything not being his way.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Why is it always mental health?? I mean Antonio Brown could just be a gigantic piece of ****. I really think it's that simple. He's just a self centered douche bag who can't handle everything not being his way.
    In his interview with Jocita Anderson he was asked if he thinks it was CTE, and he said no it was having money and fame with no one to tell him no. He credited Tomlin as a great coach for him, but says he doesn't need it because he's not a steelers anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Doesn't it take questionable mental health to BE a gigantic piece of ****? Doesn't always have to be something diagnosed, nor always an excuse for douchey behavior...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12