Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 107
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The difference is no one is making the claim that Winston is a HOF QB. I'm aware Arian's system helps Jameis put up big numbers btw. Thanks.

    I understand you have your version of the HOF and that's great. But the NFL has their own and Eli will go in.
    Honest question here. In any given year was Eli ever a top 10 or even a top 20 player overall in the NFL?

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,257
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,188

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,194
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Honest question here. In any given year was Eli ever a top 10 or even a top 20 player overall in the NFL?
    That's arbitrary criteria. I understand it hits a nice bullet point that Eli was in the top 10 QBs or the top 20 player (in any given season) or was top 5 in QBR and completion % in multiple seasons. It doesn't matter much. It also doesn't matter what our interpretation of what a HOF player is supposed to be. I understand people want the HOF to be the best of the best but the precedent has already been set that worse players (sometimes significantly worse or without nearly the amount of personal accomplishment) than Eli are in.

    He's getting in.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's arbitrary criteria. I understand it hits a nice bullet point that Eli was in the top 10 QBs or the top 20 player (in any given season) or was top 5 in QBR and completion % in multiple seasons. It doesn't matter much. It also doesn't matter what our interpretation of what a HOF player is supposed to be. I understand people want the HOF to be the best of the best but the precedent has already been set that worse players (sometimes significantly worse or without nearly the amount of personal accomplishment) than Eli are in.

    He's getting in.
    I understand heís getting in. Doesnít mean he should be though.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,169
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    No obviously not. Donít play stupid.

    Thereís a reason the QB has a press conference every game but other players donít. Thereís a reason we keep records for QBs but not other positions. Thereís a reason that a QB wins MVP every year. Are they solely responsible for their teams record and success? No. But itís the most important position on the field and the goal of any team is to win the Super Bowl. So if youíre the QB for two super bowl winning teams and had a career with any sort of quality and longevity you should be in the HOF.
    so how much did eli make back then compared to QBs now and how was it compared to the cap? what about marino and his cap etc? i dont know and i am honestly curious... there is so many intangibles that go into winning superbowls the notion that a QB should get a nudge because he won 2 but was mediocre the rest of his career is awful logic and thinking.

    if this is the case then why not make eli goat? hell toms first 3 superbowls he was trash compared to eli playoff runs right? and eli spanked tom 2 for 2 in superbowls.... put eli on the pats how many does he win? not even trolling this is dumb that we use superbowls but ignore everything else.


    mahomes just won mvp and the superbowl where he was alright at best... jimmy g was super bowl mvp for 3 quarters before the 49ers coach played it safe... so now mahomes is 1-0 and superbowls and jimmy 6 is 0-1 even though he out played him for 3 quarters with literally half the weapons mahomes has. How do we evaluate this? or do we just say welp superbowl win is a win is a win is a win?
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 02-11-2020 at 04:29 AM.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,169
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    let me rephrase.

    using bulk stats...is completely ****ing moronic.

    need I remind you Jameis winston led the league in yards and had 33 TDs?

    putting up a lot of yards and TDs means jack ****ing ****
    and what about his turnovers etc? or should we ignore that? if you put up bulk stats and dont **** the bed there is a huge difference then bulk stats because omg he put up touchdowns/yards... nobody is saying he is good because of it because he also had how many turnovers????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????? dont just ignore that part for ***** sake. Bulk stats are fine... using JW is moronic and stupid... this whole argument you just made is **** once you brought up JW.. stop. There is a reason why he isnt even getting a starting job next year... logic bruh

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,106
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i wasnt trolling... your post is trolling... nothing but class equals HOF? He was a Meh QB who won superbowls... we have seen it before... lets put dilfer in as well or foles.
    Neither of those won Superbowl(s).

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,763
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Neither of those won Superbowl(s).
    Well if winning a super bowl counts, playing poorly in a super bowl and winning shouldn't count at all.

    Eli was not good in the first super bowl win.


    Playing better should count as a super bowl win then. Oh man now we have to count so many wins for QBs lol.


    Just being on a winning team should never be considered. It's just ridiculous.


    Matt Ryan played well in his super bowl. That is better than Eli in his first.


    We would need go super bowl by super bowl and weigh superior performances regardless of outcome , and count those as super bowl wins. And that's just the start
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 02-11-2020 at 08:33 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,169
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Well if winning a super bowl counts, playing poorly in a super bowl and winning shouldn't count at all.

    Eli was not good in the first super bowl win.


    Playing better should count as a super bowl win then. Oh man now we have to count so many wins for QBs lol.


    Just being on a winning team should never be considered. It's just ridiculous.


    Matt Ryan played well in his super bowl. That is better than Eli in his first.


    We would need go super bowl by super bowl and weigh superior performances regardless of outcome , and count those as super bowl wins. And that's just the start
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    someone who understand the sport. good ****

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,169
    fun note bdawk has stated mahomes did not deserve mvp and he is mostly correct... mahomes was **** for 95 percent of the game but nobody really did any better so the mvp was his by default... mahomes is now a superbowl winning QB where he was **** in the superbowl and we still try to use superbowls as a capitalist for HOF/Goat etc... gtfo with the hypocritical ********


    people argue brady over joe right because he has 6... lets ignore the 2 that he was completely horrid and did nothing and 1 where he was alright at best and still won all 3 of these games... yet that gets ignored. hypocritical ********
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 02-12-2020 at 04:59 AM.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,763
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    fun note bdawk has stated mahomes did not deserve mvp and he is mostly correct... mahomes was **** for 95 percent of the game but nobody really did any better so the mvp was his by default... mahomes is now a superbowl winning QB where he was **** in the superbowl and we still try to use superbowls as a capitalist for HOF/Goat etc... gtfo with the hypocritical ********


    people argue brady over joe right because he has 6... lets ignore the 2 that he was completely horrid and did nothing and 1 where he was alright at best and still won all 3 of these games... yet that gets ignored. hypocritical ********
    He didn't play well but unfortunately people just care so much about checking that box.


    That should matter...for a head coach and/or gm.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    16,340
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    fun note bdawk has stated mahomes did not deserve mvp and he is mostly correct... mahomes was **** for 95 percent of the game but nobody really did any better so the mvp was his by default... mahomes is now a superbowl winning QB where he was **** in the superbowl and we still try to use superbowls as a capitalist for HOF/Goat etc... gtfo with the hypocritical ********
    Sorensen should be MVP because he was the weak link of the Chiefs defense and somehow managed to not get burned by Kittle, etc. all night.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,326
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    fun note bdawk has stated mahomes did not deserve mvp and he is mostly correct... mahomes was **** for 95 percent of the game but nobody really did any better so the mvp was his by default... mahomes is now a superbowl winning QB where he was **** in the superbowl and we still try to use superbowls as a capitalist for HOF/Goat etc... gtfo with the hypocritical ********


    people argue brady over joe right because he has 6... lets ignore the 2 that he was completely horrid and did nothing and 1 where he was alright at best and still won all 3 of these games... yet that gets ignored. hypocritical ********
    Itís more than the 6 for why I think Brady is the Goat. Well heís at least in the tops to argue because I understand the BB influence.

    He was pretty phenomenal against the Eagles and lost.

    I normally will agree that rings in any championship donít hold as much weight as individual stats but I think when you start adding them up the more weight gets added.

    Bradyís been great pretty much his entire career in the regular season and playoffs so the rings just add to it but donít stretch the difference that much.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  15. #105

    SEO Company Ernakulam

    Votes of confidence are a source for the website to increase the siteís quality. By using effective social platforms, SEO Company Ernakulam is providing a confidential service for customers. Due to reputable and trustworthy factors, you can create a vote of confidence for your website from user satisfaction and customer services.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •