Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Seriously? Why is this an argument? If guys like Fred Dean, Dave Wilcox, and Jackie Smith are in the NFL HOF then Eli certainly belongs in. The NFL HOF is a turnstile in comparison to other major sports.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    We have to rewatch the game to confirm but you can just say things that didnít happen without sources? Cool lol

Asante Samuel dropped a pick and the pick that did happen hit his receiver in the hands. Call it it a wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It happened , i already watched and witnessed the dropped picks. I don't need a source to convince myself lol
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 01-25-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Na, because I can say I remember no dropped picks and it's as valid.
    Sure, but intent kills you there. I dont have a motive, just remember watching the game and it happening.

You're just being contrarian. Youre not specifically recalling anything. So , imo, you have the burden of proof here.

Doesn't matter either way. Could be the 2 best super bowl performances of all time and it shouldnt get him in the hall.

Last edited by blams; 01-25-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Seriously? Why is this an argument? If guys like Fred Dean, Dave Wilcox, and Jackie Smith are in the NFL HOF then Eli certainly belongs in. The NFL HOF is a turnstile in comparison to other major sports.
    As I said he for sure is getting in, but I also think he's a mediocre QB. That's not mutually exclusive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    As I said he for sure is getting in, but I also think he's a mediocre QB. That's not mutually exclusive to me.
    Sure, i'm not going to say you're the only one who feels that way but the idea that the HOF is for players who are the best of the best is simply not a thing. I know some fans want it to be that way but it isn't and it never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Sure, i'm not going to say you're the only one who feels that way but the idea that the HOF is for players who are the best of the best is simply not a thing. I know some fans want it to be that way but it isn't and it never will be.
    It has been that for a long time. There are from a long time ago that got in for no reason, like Joe Namath.

But that hasnt been a thing for some time now. Debatable players, sure. But not outright mediocre players that had an iconic win or two.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Brett Favre averaged more picks per season than Eli
    ...just sayin'
    True. Favre threw a hell of a lot of picks, but he also threw for more TD's. The guy was a back to back to back MVP of the league plus a Super Bowl Champion. He is on a totally different level than Eli.

With that said, I like Eli and always have. He is a Super Bowl champ and had a very solid career. I don't think he is a HOFer but I won't be mad if he makes it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    Dealing in hypotheticals is an incredibly brain dead way to go about this discussion.

"Take away the SBs..." You can't.

"Take away the context..." You can't.
    Is it braindead to ponder if a player should get in with like 3 special seasons? Because then there's a lot of players we need to debate.

Cam has multiple records and is a probably going to put QB rushing TDs out of reach despite possibly playing a shortened career, he's won an MVP and carried a bad offense to a SB. He's had probably 3-4 special seasons. Does he deserve a HOF nomination if Eli is deserving for any reason other than having 2 SB runs?

It's also worth noting Eli is 0-1 in every post season minus his SB winning seasons, does his post season ineptitude hurt him?

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Is it braindead to ponder if a player should get in with like 3 special seasons? Because then there's a lot of players we need to debate.

Cam has multiple records and is a probably going to put QB rushing TDs out of reach despite possibly playing a shortened career, he's won an MVP and carried a bad offense to a SB. He's had probably 3-4 special seasons. Does he deserve a HOF nomination if Eli is deserving for any reason other than having 2 SB runs?

It's also worth noting Eli is 0-1 in every post season minus his SB winning seasons, does his post season ineptitude hurt him?
    Eli didnt have any "special" seasons. He had two awesome super bowl runs and that's it. Top 7ish for one season.

Mediocre/above average for the overwhelming majority of his career.

Yes, if eli gets in, Cam is a first ballot hall of famer.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It happened , i already watched and witnessed the dropped picks. I don't need a source to convince myself lol
    Ah okay so no source carry on

Eliís argument is based off rings and longevity. Cam has neither

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Ah okay so no source carry on

Don't need a source to watch a damn game lmao

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Sure, but intent kills you there. I dont have a motive, just remember watching the game and it happening.

You're just being contrarian. Youre not specifically recalling anything. So , imo, you have the burden of proof here.
    You can say water is dry and the sky is red all day. If just makes you a raving lunatic who no one should take seriously.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

So Peyton is out too, right? Think the only time he wasn't one-and-done besides SB was the loss to Seattle when the Broncos were shown to be a joke.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    So Peyton is out too, right? Think the only time he wasn't one-and-done besides SB was the loss to Seattle when the Broncos were shown to be a joke.
    You might want to take a look at Peyton Manning's playoff record.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast