Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Despite being healthy his entire career he's going to finish 3rd just from guys in his own draft class. He played in the same eras as Brady, Brees, Peyton, and Rivers who already have more yards than him. Roethlisberger will surpass him this year, Matt Ryan will surpass him in two years, Rodgers in 3, and Stafford in 4-5 years. That's 8 guys roughly in his era who I'd bet most non giants fans prefer. I'd say Matt Ryan is absolutely not a HoFer, but his stats and credentials will blow Eli out of the water minus two SBs.

We all realize he'll be a HoFer based on two SB runs and his last name, everyone is debating whether he's deserving and what it'll mean for guys who were better than him but don't have two SBs.
    The 2 SB runs and being the MVP in those SBs matter. The only QB who has 2 SB wins (as a starter) and isn't in the HOF is Jim Plunkett. Otherwise everyone in that group has put on the gold jacket. You realize that. I do think there are fans who make the argument against him that clearly don't and for different reasons. Whether that's being a fan of a division rival, taking a stance that only the best of the best belong in, extrapolating numbers of guys like Mahomes, Jackson, insert QB here, etc.

Understandable but those decisions are sums of their parts. Give Matt Ryan and Phillip Riversa SB win and they are HOFers too.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-29-2020 at 03:45 AM.

Eli not only has 2 SB rings and MVPs, but they're both against BB/Brady/Patriots in their prime, one killing an unbeaten season.....so yeah, rings do change the perspective here.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Eli not only has 2 SB rings and MVPs, but they're both against BB/Brady/Patriots in their prime, one killing an unbeaten season.....so yeah, rings do change the perspective here.
    Meh , first one he won he was a below average qb. Same stats as Grossman's sb losing season and he didnt play particularly well at all in that game.

He won another one...against one of the worst sb defenses of all time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Meh , first one he won he was a below average qb. Same stats as Grossman's sb losing season and he didnt play particularly well at all in that game.

Qualifying it doesn't change the fact that it happened. They beat an undefeated team and maybe the best single season team of all time in 2007. He also orchestrated 2 game winning drives to help beat those teams which led to his MVP honors.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-29-2020 at 08:42 PM.

I think he will get in even though he doesnít deserve it. The Super Bowls donít elevate him enough IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

What? The 2011 Patriots were #15 in defense. On the other hand, Eli's Giants were #25 in defense, so better to say he won *with* one of the worst SB defenses of all time.

Heís easily a HOFer IMO. I donít think he was a great player but he won 2 SBs as a QB. That matters.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by StephenR897 View Post
    What? The 2011 Patriots were #15 in defense. On the other hand, Eli's Giants were #25 in defense, so better to say he won *with* one of the worst SB defenses of all time.
    Thatís in terms of points I believe. The Pats I think weíre last in the league in yards per game I think. For years the Pats were awful on defense but looked better in points per game because they never had to play on short fields because Brady didnít turn the ball over.

I think the truth probably lies in the middle. They werenít as good as the 15th ranking in points but they werenít as bad as the yards ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Eli will and should be a HOF.

Warrior, nothing but class, got some rings. Records are a team stat, he got it done when it mattered most.
    i wasnt trolling... your post is trolling... nothing but class equals HOF? He was a Meh QB who won superbowls... we have seen it before... lets put dilfer in as well or foles.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Thatís in terms of points I believe. The Pats I think weíre last in the league in yards per game I think. For years the Pats were awful on defense but looked better in points per game because they never had to play on short fields because Brady didnít turn the ball over.

I think the truth probably lies in the middle. They werenít as good as the 15th ranking in points but they werenít as bad as the yards ranking.
    also and its being ignored... like the packers when they won it the giants got healthy for the most part right before the playoffs... like the packers which is why the defensive metric bs isnt relevant at that time... giants were injured quite a bit that season and got healthy right at the perfect time

Heís easily a HOFer IMO. I donít think he was a great player but he won 2 SBs as a QB. That matters.
    and it shouldnt. If that is the case eli--------------->marino right?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    and it shouldnt. If that is the case eli--------------->marino right?
    No obviously not. Donít play stupid.

Thereís a reason the QB has a press conference every game but other players donít. Thereís a reason we keep records for QBs but not other positions. Thereís a reason that a QB wins MVP every year. Are they solely responsible for their teams record and success? No. But itís the most important position on the field and the goal of any team is to win the Super Bowl. So if youíre the QB for two super bowl winning teams and had a career with any sort of quality and longevity you should be in the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Suggesting bulk stats are irrelevant is even more stupid. Stats help us evaluate players and last time i checked QBR, completion %, are not the only numbers that matter for QBs.

That doesn't mean anything now or 5 years from now when he's eligible. You can only compare him to the era he played in and guys of previous generations.

Stomp your feet and whine all you want. He's a HOFer and I'm not even a Giant's fan.
    let me rephrase.

using bulk stats...is completely ****ing moronic.

need I remind you Jameis winston led the league in yards and had 33 TDs?

putting up a lot of yards and TDs means jack ****ing ****
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

No obviously not. Donít play stupid.

Thereís a reason the QB has a press conference every game but other players donít. Thereís a reason we keep records for QBs but not other positions. Thereís a reason that a QB wins MVP every year. Are they solely responsible for their teams record and success? No. But itís the most important position on the field and the goal of any team is to win the Super Bowl. So if youíre the QB for two super bowl winning teams and had a career with any sort of quality and longevity you should be in the HOF.
    and they won in those playoffs because his defense played lights out, holding one of the greatest offenses of all time to 14 points in the first one. If the Patriots did offensively what they did to every other team in both of those superbowls, then the giants lose in a giant blowout both times regardless of what eli does, yet somehow that would make him a worse QB just because his defense was worse?

superbowls are overrated as **** when evaluating QBs.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    let me rephrase.

using bulk stats...is completely ****ing moronic.

need I remind you Jameis winston led the league in yards and had 33 TDs?

putting up a lot of yards and TDs means jack ****ing ****
    The difference is no one is making the claim that Winston is a HOF QB. I'm aware Arian's system helps Jameis put up big numbers btw. Thanks.

I understand you have your version of the HOF and that's great. But the NFL has their own and Eli will go in.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-10-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast