Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Clearly is not all about the numbers because other guys would of gotten in and a guy like Baines would still be out.

Also Penny deserves a vote for the way he looked and still be able to bag some prime *****.
    Yeah he did, his fat *** was banging prime not crazy Alyssa Milano.

It's almost like having millions of dollars in the bank and being a pro athlete are a little helpful when it comes to bagging beezies.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Apparently Cowherd was the one guy with a HOF vote who didn't choose Jeter.

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/sta...66078353489921
    He sounds sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    He sounds sarcastic
    Yeah, that's why I added the "apparently" part. Doesn't seem to be conclusive.

I just read that though he was finally inducted, Marvin Miller never wanted to be in the HOF. His family is respecting that and are not showing for the induction ceremony.

https://www.si.com/.amp/mlb/2019/12/...r-hall-of-fame

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There's always one troll.
    There are a lot that should have been 100%, but we are slowly getting over the comparison of the older players that would have been first ballot HOFers today that werenít.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    There are a lot that should have been 100%, but we are slowly getting over the comparison of the older players that would have been first ballot HOFers today that werenít.
    I never understood that argument. So just because voters got it wrong with guys who should have been unanimous before its okay if they get it wrong in the present and future as well? No reason why current and future players should be punished by voters who are either moronic or hold a grudge. Judge a player on his credentials and call it a day.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-22-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Good to see Larry get the call. Even better to see his shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Didn't stop other guys with inferior numbers connected to PED usage from getting in.
    It's going to be fun seeing the arguments made in two years when Ortiz gets in on the first ballot and Bonds and Clemens are on their last chance.

Anyone know why Jon Heyman voted for Bonds but not Clemons? Seems it should be a vote for both or neither...
    Last edited by bklynny67; 01-22-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I never understood that argument. So just because voters got it wrong with guys who should have been unanimous before its okay if they get it wrong in the present and future as well? No reason why current and future players should be punished by voters who are either moronic or hold a grudge. Judge a player on his credentials and call it a day.
    Iím not saying itís justified today, but we all know the expression ď1st Ballot HOFerĒ. Whyís that? Itís because it was once a big deal because there were multiple players who werenít but would have been elected in their first year, maybe even 100%, if they were voted on today.

Voters are going to look at Mariano and say he was the best at his position thatís why he gets 100% and they donít believe Jeter deserves that same recognition.

I personally believe if someone is an automatic, I have no idea why they donít get 100% and this includes players from the past like Brett, Carew, Schmidt, Seaver, Carlton. Ryan etc. Who truly said to themselves that these guys didnít belong?
    Last edited by thefeckcampaign; 01-22-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Anyone know why Jon Heyman voted for Bonds but not Clemons? Seems it should he a vote for both or neither...
    Yeah, that's really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    Iím not saying itís justified today, but we all know the expression ď1st Ballot HOFerĒ. Whyís that? Itís because it was once a big deal because there were multiple players who werenít but would have been elected in their first year, maybe even 100%, if they were voted on today.

Voters are going to look at Mariano and say he was the best at his position thatís why he gets 100% and they donít believe Jeter deserves that same recognition.

I personally believe if someone is an automatic, I have no idea why they donít get 100% and this includes players from the past like Brett, Carew, Schmidt, Seaver, Carlton. Ryan etc. Who truly said to themselves that these guys didnít belong?
    If the writers that didn't vote for these guys had 10 guys on his/her ballot, I have no problem with the way they voted.
    It has been said, that Larry Walker needs to loan that shirt to Curt Schilling next year.

Schilling, Bonds and Clemens should be making reservations for Cooperstown this Summer, yet they are still waiting. Its ridiculous

No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast