Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Bonds and Clemens get shafted once again. The voting process is terrible. Bunch of old guys who hold grudges.
    Crusty but not as crusty as it once was. In 2015 the HOF made an important change to its voting process, culling the field of eligible BBWAA voters to essentially only active or recently active members. BBWAA members who haven’t covered the game in over 10 years were no longer eligible for a Hall vote, a departure from the previous policy of giving long-retired writers a ballot.

The effect was drastic, with 549 total ballots received for the 2015 election trimmed down to just 440 in 2016. That number remained fairly stable, including 425 ballots received in 2019. Down to 397 this year.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Crusty but not as crusty as it once was. In 2015 the HOF made an important change to its voting process, culling the field of eligible BBWAA voters to essentially only active or recently active members. BBWAA members who haven’t covered the game in over 10 years were no longer eligible for a Hall vote, a departure from the previous policy of giving long-retired writers a ballot.

The effect was drastic, with 549 total ballots received for the 2015 election trimmed down to just 440 in 2016. That number remained fairly stable, including 425 ballots received in 2019. Down to 397 this year.
    Fair point. PEDs or not, Bonds put up video game type numbers. His HRs, OBP, SLG are all insane. And pre roid days he was a legit 5 tool player.

Barry Bonds is worth leaving Jeter off, if you could only vote for one player.
    True. Still 9 others!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Fair point. PEDs or not, Bonds put up video game type numbers. His HRs, OBP, SLG are all insane. And pre roid days he was a legit 5 tool player.
    I agree Bonds was a great player. The clock is ticking he has until 2022 to reach 75%, after which the only hope will be the the Veterans Committee. Their first shot for that path to the Hall would come in 2024.

Both he and Clemens have seen their percentages rise each year on the ballot, from the mid 30's to 60% this year.

It may not be only the PED issue. Seems the voters may be using the character clause against Bonds and Clemens. Bonds has been accused of abusive behavior by multiple partners, including his ex-wife, who testified that he pushed her to the floor and kicked her when she was eight months pregnant. Clemens, had a long-term affair with late musician Mindy McCready, who was underage when the two met. Not judging or endorsing, only suggesting another possibility.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ex-g...y-bonds-2011-3

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ticle-1.283955
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Just watch in 2022 a lot of idiots will vote for Ortiz and not vote for Bonds. There are a lot of haters in our country now, too many people with personal agendas and no credibility when it comes to voting (just look at what they did to Schilling).

I still can't believe so many great candidates get shafted for no reason just because of both that stupid 5% rule and the 10 votes maximum.

But congrats to Jeter and Walker they both deserve to get in easily.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    His track record in Florida makes me wonder if there won’t be at least one spite vote.
    I find it petty and whoever was the fckn idiot who didn’t vote for Jeter needs to be kicked off of the voting process. That little twirp is one jealous MFer.

In fact the entire voting process is a fckn sham. When I see what players were not unanimous because of pettiness from voters I just can’t take this process seriously anymore.

Slam dunk players need to be voted in 100% with regards to their baseball stats, period!
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

I feel sorry for Soriano and possibly Cliff Lee who are off the ballot after one try. I haven't done a "deep" analysis on his stats, but Soriano was one of the best all around hitters with power and speed. I'd also have to look at Cliff Lee's overall career, but how he could get only 2 votes compared to Shilling's 240+ seems to understate Lee's value. In the end, they might not be HOF, but they deserve a better chance at it.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I have to confess, I think it's funny. I think it's suiting. He was considered Mr Perfect, even by himself. so to have that one friggin vote not cast for him, will leave that little pebble in his shoe.
    It in no way affects his deserving of the HOF or will it affect his life going forward but he will always have that thought that Mo was unanimous and he wasn't.

As I have stated in the pst, I think he's FOS. So it makes me giggle.

**** off. Where's my title

Fos?

Fos?
    I always thought he was full of poop with his presentation.

I am very grateful he was a Yankee and loved watching him play the game. He deserves all he has and will receive.

I just found him to be fake.

Well said clown. I love Jeter the baseball player, but as a person he seems like a douche. The gift baskets for girls, arod's treatment, and definitely the way he fired people in Miami... That poor dude was sick in the hospital with what, cancer? Her fired the guy? Heartless. But, as a ball player, he deserved to go 100%. Would love to hear the logic from that one guy that voted no.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja1k View Post
    Would love to hear the logic from that one guy that voted no.

Absolutely. I can only guess that there are several possibilities:
    1) Mean-spirited or jealous individual and/or Red Sox fan (same thing)
    2) Someone who voted for Mariano Rivera, because he was the absolute GOAT for Closers, but didn't want Jeter to be unanimous because he wasn't the GOAT at his position (Hornsby, Ripken, etc.)
    3) Somebody who said years ago that they would never vote another player into the HOF until Bonds and Clemens are allowed in and who might have only suspended that last year for Mariano.
    4) Somebody related to the crazy minor leaguer who is suing Jeter for blocking him from becoming a major leaguer, because he thinks Jeter talked the organization into not giving him a chance - LOL
    5) Somebody related to an ex-girlfriend of Jeter.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Absolutely. I can only guess that there are several possibilities:
    1) Mean-spirited or jealous individual and/or Red Sox fan (same thing)
    2) Someone who voted for Mariano Rivera, because he was the absolute GOAT for Closers, but didn't want Jeter to be unanimous because he wasn't the GOAT at his position (Hornsby, Ripken, etc.)
    3) Somebody who said years ago that they would never vote another player into the HOF until Bonds and Clemens are allowed in and who might have only suspended that last year for Mariano.
    4) Somebody related to the crazy minor leaguer who is suing Jeter for blocking him from becoming a major leaguer, because he thinks Jeter talked the organization into not giving him a chance - LOL
    5) Somebody related to an ex-girlfriend of Jeter.
    6) Jeter didn't give him a gift basket when he left.

I think it's 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I always thought he was full of poop with his presentation.

I am very grateful he was a Yankee and loved watching him play the game. He deserves all he has and will receive.

I just found him to be fake.
    Gotcha. Completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    6) Jeter didn't give him a gift basket when he left.

I think it's 2.
    Yes 2 is the most likely reason. Hopefully, we'll find out someday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12