Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Left Over's (free agents out there still)

Here is a list of a few names I see are still out there that we could add cheap or sign to a minor league contract:

Wei-Yin Chen- pitched really well in the American League but got lit in the National League.

Wei-Chung Wang- pitched for the A's very well last year in limited duty. Pirates picked him up on waivers but then took him off their 40 man. Lefty who could help.

Brian Dozier- power bat but limited in field. Only plays 2B so far but could be tried as 3B/1B/OF maybe. Good power off the bench

Matt Duffy- plays all over, no power, but hits some. Would be a good bench guy or AAA guy in the event of need.

Andrew Cashner- Was great out of the pen for Boston, could be a bit pricey, but we always need pen arms.

Brandon Kintzler- old but very good pen arm. Why not?

Jarrod Dyson- LH CF who can steal bases and play good defense. Good fit to pair in CF.

Kevin Pillar- another CF would could be a nice bat in the lineup. Was going to be pricey but still out there?

Anthony Swarzak/Nick Vinent- two bullpen arms in their early thirties.

Collin McHugh- injury at the end of last year, not sure of status, but why not be creative. Good arm when healthy

Ardoys Vizcaino- same as above, think he will be ready sooner though.

Sign Puig please.

Homers and antics! At least he'll be an entertaining element of the team while we wait for the farm talent to make their debut.

I really wouldn't mind Puig. He and Miggy would be a very interesting mix in the dugout. The problem is he is said to be holding out for $14M a season. MLBTradeRumors, had us signing him for $8M on their FA predictions. I thought that actually might be out of our price range. If Avila is smart, anything under $12M he should sign him and hope he can trade him for prospects later. It's a very good gamble if Gardy can handle him in the dugout.