Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arenado upset with GM. Will he stay in Colorado?

I can understand Arenado's frustration. Why sign him to such a huge extension if you are going to trade him a year into it? I get that the return is better than him leaving in FA but now you have a disgruntled player who is presumably going to force the teams hand to take an underwhelming return just to get him out of town.

I think the media is also running with this a bit....they're saying GM, he didn't say that....they think he wants out, not quite what he said........he said he was fine they were fielding trade offers, they didn't quote that part. This COULD be just a miscommunication/bad communication that can be ironed out...

I mean they may have told him they wouldn't trade him and simply fielded offers, didn't instigate any. You're not doing your job as a GM if you don't at least listen, they might actually make that ridiculous offer you thought it'd take to consider it.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I think the media is also running with this a bit....they're saying GM, he didn't say that....they think he wants out, not quite what he said........he said he was fine they were fielding trade offers, they didn't quote that part. This COULD be just a miscommunication/bad communication that can be ironed out...

I mean they may have told him they wouldn't trade him and simply fielded offers, didn't instigate any. You're not doing your job as a GM if you don't at least listen, they might actually make that ridiculous offer you thought it'd take to consider it.
    They also spent a lot of money- especially with the bullpen- to improve and almost all of them have bombed in a big way. They basically have no payroll flexibility right now, a middling to lower tier minor league system and Arenado, even with his contract, is the only player outside of Trevor Story in his prime who could bring back assets to help the team both now and in the future.

The clock is also on Arenado for moving him. In three years, he had 10/5 rights and automatically has full no trade protections. He will also be 32 at that time with a lot of money still left on the deal. The Rockies need to decide quick what direction they want to head and when.

I thought I heard he has a no trade policy. I heard this morning that the part in his contract allowing him to opt out was offered by the Rockies. He did not ask for it.

Who makes a play for him though? Dodgers? Nats?. Maybe Cubs if they trade Bryant? Braves if they can still afford him?

No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

Quote Originally Posted by stejay View Post
    Who makes a play for him though? Dodgers? Nats?. Maybe Cubs if they trade Bryant? Braves if they can still afford him?
    Phillies could use him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    Harper and Arenado.... tasty

No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    is there a team that couldn't?

Harper and Arenado.... tasty
    is there a team that couldn't?
    I can see the Phillies able to offer Segura and some other small package. As well, it opens up 2B for Kingery who was the minor league version of the Gold Glove winner at 2B, his true position.

Segura and some other small package for Arenado? I doubt that moves the needle.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Segura and some other small package for Arenado? I doubt that moves the needle.
    You may be right. Theyll probably want more, but for 2 years Im not sure Id give up more. Its not much different than the Realmuto deal.

The Dodgers are too stingy to pick up his contract.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    The Dodgers are too stingy to pick up his contract.
    they might be less stingy if they hadn't set themselves up to be paying $40mil to players not even on their roster anymore.....just a thought

they might be less stingy if they hadn't set themselves up to be paying $40mil to players not even on their roster anymore.....just a thought
    Like who? Matt Kemp, Adrian Gonzalez, Andre Ethier, Brandon McCarthy, and Carl Crawford are all off the books now. Those five guys alone kept us above the luxury tax threshold for several years.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 01-24-2020 at 11:50 PM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast