Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,633

    Chandler Parsons career likely over


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    27,614
    This guy is very unlucky, his career went downfall pretty fast.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    This guy is very unlucky, his career went downfall pretty fast.
    Yea man that sucks, sounds like this is pretty bad. Long term or lifelong brain trauma, not good

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    This guy is very unlucky, his career went downfall pretty fast.
    As far as injuries and now this accident, heís one of the unluckiest guys ever in the NBA. As far as making money and not playing? One of the luckiest.

    Iíd be shocked if the guy who hit him isnít a driver for Amazon or Uber or some big company where heíll get another nine figure payout.

    But it does suck that he got injured so bad. Loved him when he was in Houston (donít know how many times I referred to him as being ďMy Man!Ē). Cuban used him as a dick waving pawn and his career was never the same (yet somehow kept getting people to give him money).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    27,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Yea man that sucks, sounds like this is pretty bad. Long term or lifelong brain trauma, not good
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    As far as injuries and now this accident, heís one of the unluckiest guys ever in the NBA. As far as making money and not playing? One of the luckiest.

    Iíd be shocked if the guy who hit him isnít a driver for Amazon or Uber or some big company where heíll get another nine figure payout.

    But it does suck that he got injured so bad. Loved him when he was in Houston (donít know how many times I referred to him as being ďMy Man!Ē). Cuban used him as a dick waving pawn and his career was never the same (yet somehow kept getting people to give him money).
    True

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,802
    Glad he's alive, and hope he's able to follow other passions in his off the court life.

    Being realistic though his playing career was likely over anyway. Not joking or trying to make light of the situation at all.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    As far as injuries and now this accident, heís one of the unluckiest guys ever in the NBA. As far as making money and not playing? One of the luckiest.

    Iíd be shocked if the guy who hit him isnít a driver for Amazon or Uber or some big company where heíll get another nine figure payout.

    But it does suck that he got injured so bad. Loved him when he was in Houston (donít know how many times I referred to him as being ďMy Man!Ē). Cuban used him as a dick waving pawn and his career was never the same (yet somehow kept getting people to give him money).
    Big corporations are really good at isolating themselves from liability. If he gets big money it's going to be from an insurance company, and if he doesn't get the money I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to make a come back because he gets paid his current contract while trying to come back. I think NBA teams have insurance for lost PT for outside events.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,714
    I just wonder what the ethic/vibe/moral to trading him is now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,173
    His career was over a long time ago.. But hope he is ok..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,868
    Hope he can continue his life like normal after this accident.

    I remember watching him as a rookie playing out of his mind. Had a lot of promise. It's a shame injuries always kept him out. He got the big contract at least.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


    [/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Big corporations are really good at isolating themselves from liability. If he gets big money it's going to be from an insurance company, and if he doesn't get the money I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to make a come back because he gets paid his current contract while trying to come back. I think NBA teams have insurance for lost PT for outside events.
    No idea who the driver of the other car was but I donít know if insurance will not be null and voided out if the company driver is drunk (which again, I have no idea if itís even a company driver....probably not). Just saying that even with injuries, CP has been pretty lucky getting money.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    No idea who the driver of the other car was but I donít know if insurance will not be null and voided out if the company driver is drunk (which again, I have no idea if itís even a company driver....probably not). Just saying that even with injuries, CP has been pretty lucky getting money.
    The driver's liability limits likely won't cover him for what Parsons would have lost. The motivation behind this is likely to try and ruin the at fault person forever. Like, sure, he'll never actually get the $5M he might claim in damages, but for the rest of the persons life they will constantly have their checks garnished, etc. People do this all the time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,714
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    The driver's liability limits likely won't cover him for what Parsons would have lost. The motivation behind this is likely to try and ruin the at fault person forever. Like, sure, he'll never actually get the $5M he might claim in damages, but for the rest of the persons life they will constantly have their checks garnished, etc. People do this all the time.
    I was gonna say it was initially reported as a concussion and whiplash. Now it's being stated as traumatic brain injury, disc herniation and a torn labrum.

    Which don't get me wrong, a concussion is a brain injury and getting a herniated disc from whiplash isn't unheard of.

    Also further evaluation can always reveal things that weren't discovered on the first pass.

    But I also know its a lawyers job to state things as bad as possible, I don't wanna say jargon but just take it out of layman's terms. So if you say he lost his health and his career then the judge/jury/court of a opinion is much more likely to rule in your favor.

    I hope Parsons is okay and the dude driving was an idiot.

    Like some of you mentioned, his career was probably over after this season either way.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    No idea who the driver of the other car was but I donít know if insurance will not be null and voided out if the company driver is drunk (which again, I have no idea if itís even a company driver....probably not). Just saying that even with injuries, CP has been pretty lucky getting money.
    He probably has his own injury insurance. At least I hope he does. Uninsured motorist. What that means is he gets paid and his insurance tries to collect as much money as they can, but he doesn't have to care about that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,659
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    The driver's liability limits likely won't cover him for what Parsons would have lost. The motivation behind this is likely to try and ruin the at fault person forever. Like, sure, he'll never actually get the $5M he might claim in damages, but for the rest of the persons life they will constantly have their checks garnished, etc. People do this all the time.
    It's not likely going to be Parsons doing it, but his insurance companies building full of lawyers doing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •