Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It seems that every other year the Blazers get asked this question. Our starting C and PF were both injured to start the year. They are a far better team with Nurkic and (to a lesser extent) Zach Collins. Whiteside is an expiring deal. Olshey is very good at re-tooling to surround Dame/CJ with complimentary pieces. This is a down year due to injuries, but I expect some trade for next season to make us competitive again.
    I vacillate between whether to retool or rebuild. On the one hand, Portland's playing without its front court. Any team could suck in that situation. Nurkic and Collins could come back as good as ever, and the Blazers could punish teams on the inside.
    On the other hand, Dame and C.J. are both high-scoring, undersized defensive liabilities. I'd like to have a bigger guard next to Lillard or C.J., whichever way we go.
    The 76ers trade ideas make sense, if Philadelphia's willing to part with Simmons and another asset. Lillard and Embiid together with the rest of that roster is definitely good enough to win a championship. Simmons is definitely promising-enough to make me wave goodbye to Lillard.

if I were portland I would be shopping whiteside's huge expiring for a long term piece or and I can't tell very well, but maybe be making deals to get a little cap space next year to get them some better wings. my guess is that at best Hood would be kinda like Nurkic has been this year where he misses at least the first 3 months. They really need some wings who can cover for Dame and CJ like they had with harkless and aminu.

btw I saw this on reddit today. their next 9 games.

vs Mavs

vs Rockets

vs Pacers

@ Lakers

vs Jazz (SEGABABA)

@ Nuggets

vs Spurs

@ Jazz (SEGABABA)

vs Heat.

again... ben simmons fixes all of their problems : )

dame come to philly

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I vacillate between whether to retool or rebuild. On the one hand, Portland's playing without its front court. Any team could suck in that situation. Nurkic and Collins could come back as good as ever, and the Blazers could punish teams on the inside.
    On the other hand, Dame and C.J. are both high-scoring, undersized defensive liabilities. I'd like to have a bigger guard next to Lillard or C.J., whichever way we go.
    The 76ers trade ideas make sense, if Philadelphia's willing to part with Simmons and another asset. Lillard and Embiid together with the rest of that roster is definitely good enough to win a championship. Simmons is definitely promising-enough to make me wave goodbye to Lillard.
    There's no way I'd trade Lillard for Simmons. Lillard is a genuine leader and has proven he can carry a team. Simmons doesn't appear to be a leader nor can he carry an absolutely stacked team in Philly. Furthermore, I think his inability to shoot is such a liability in the modern game he will never be as good as many think.

There's no way I'd trade Lillard for Simmons. Lillard is a genuine leader and has proven he can carry a team. Simmons doesn't appear to be a leader nor can he carry an absolutely stacked team in Philly. Furthermore, I think his inability to shoot is such a liability in the modern game he will never be as good as many think.
    I'm of entirely the other camp no way I move off a 23 year old Ben Simmons for Dame at 29 with a soon to be nasty contract. We've seen dames best years and he only plays one side of the ball anyway. I'm not sure Dame today is a more impactful player than Simmons today let alone in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayla View Post
    I'm of entirely the other camp no way I move off a 23 year old Ben Simmons for Dame at 29 with a soon to be nasty contract. We've seen dames best years and he only plays one side of the ball anyway. I'm not sure Dame today is a more impactful player than Simmons today let alone in a few years.
    Dame is by far the more impactful player, especially in the playoffs. The 76ers are absolutely chock full of talent and the reason they aren't elite is because Simmons garbage shooting is so bad it is destroying their offensive potential.

Their Ortg is 20th in the league. 93% of Simmons' shots have been within 10 feet. I cannot overstate how much his putrid shooting ability is destroying their offense.

But the real proof is that if the 76ers and Blazers swapped Simmons and Lillard right now, the 76ers would instantly become the presumptive Champions.
    Last edited by valade16; 01-22-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Which is why it would have to be ean extreme overpay to get Lillard for a Simmons package.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    again... ben simmons fixes all of their problems : )

dame come to philly
    It seems some fans think Simmons fixes every other team in the NBA

they did the best they could but they've never been close to contender status. it's a tough blow given the lma defection and wesley rupturing his Achilles but they should've sold high on CJ.

with every passing year that super max will inhibit them. they got 1 more year max before the writing is on the wall for retooling. I wish they had the assets for a Simmons and cj swap

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It seems some fans think Simmons fixes every other team in the NBA
    sure as **** fixes yours

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    they did the best they could but they've never been close to contender status. it's a tough blow given the lma defection and wesley rupturing his Achilles but they should've sold high on CJ.

with every passing year that super max will inhibit them. they got 1 more year max before the writing is on the wall for retooling. I wish they had the assets for a Simmons and cj swap
    That was really what kept us from the top to be honest. When you consider all the bad fortune that befell the Blazers with Roy and Oden, even with all that, we were still in great position had LMA stayed. Lillard, LMA and CJ would have been a great trio and we could have surrounded them with enough support to compete.

Dame is by far the more impactful player, especially in the playoffs. The 76ers are absolutely chock full of talent and the reason they aren't elite is because Simmons garbage shooting is so bad it is destroying their offensive potential.

Their Ortg is 20th in the league. 93% of Simmons' shots have been within 10 feet. I cannot overstate how much his putrid shooting ability is destroying their offense.

But the real proof is that if the 76ers and Blazers swapped Simmons and Lillard right now, the 76ers would instantly become the presumptive Champions.
    All of that ignores context the sixers have been a 50+ win team since Simmons got here regardless of the roster having near complete turnover twice since then 3 different rosters same results. As for using the teams ortg against Simmons it ignores how much worse we are when you take him off the floor. This roster doesn't gel period and it's disingenuous to put that all on Ben. As mentioned above it's not as though Lillard doesn't have glaring defensive issues there is a reason he struggles to win. As for the comment about records if you swapped them I think both teams would potentially improve as a result but that's more due to fit than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Which is why it would have to be ean extreme overpay to get Lillard for a Simmons package.
    Personally I'm not interested straight up let alone with an *overpay* package. I'll take my chances with Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayla View Post
    All of that ignores context the sixers have been a 50+ win team since Simmons got here regardless of the roster having near complete turnover twice since then 3 different rosters same results. As for using the teams ortg against Simmons it ignores how much worse we are when you take him off the floor. This roster doesn't gel period and it's disingenuous to put that all on Ben. As mentioned above it's not as though Lillard doesn't have glaring defensive issues there is a reason he struggles to win. As for the comment about records if you swapped them I think both teams would potentially improve as a result but that's more due to fit than anything.
    How much worse you are when he's off the floor? His on/off and Oncourt is +3.9/+1.7; that's not much better. In fact, the only year it was really pronounced was his rookie year. Lillard has posted a better splits pretty much his entire career.

Yes, the roster doesn't gel and it's not all on Simmons. But the roster failed to gel the last 2 years and a big reason is because Ben Simmons can't shoot. It obliterates any cohesive offense.

As for Lillard "struggling to win" he took the Blazers to the WCF just last season winning more games in the regular season than Simmons has ever done. And he did that with just CJ. Simmons has failed to win as much in the regular season or the playoffs despite having Embiid, Butler, Harris, Redick, and now Horford.

If the Blazers swapped Lillard with Simmons right now we'd be playing for a Top 5 pick. Our team would absolutely implode. That is how much the difference in leadership and impact Lillard has on the team and the offense at this point.

Trade Whiteside for either LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love or Andre Drummond; a better big to pair up with Dame, CJ and Melo then with a healthy Nurkic back...Portland could actually look scary

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast