Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Puerto Rico citizens find warehouses full of unused aid

Many citizens were dying after the hurricane struck back in 2017. The government blamed Trump for not sending aid, and the media went after Trump and others for not helping out. Turns out that they had warehouses full of aid sent from the US that they never used

https://nypost.com/2020/01/19/chaos-...-supplies/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Many citizens were dying after the hurricane struck back in 2017. The government blamed Trump for not sending aid, and the media went after Trump and others for not helping out. Turns out that they had warehouses full of aid sent from the US that they never used

Pretty terrible.

Are you denying that Trump royally ****ed PR....besides making jokes and slinging around paper towel?

Puerto Rico citizens find warehouses full of unused aid

This sucks. I donít know if it has anything to do with the fact that it took months to get the lights back on or casualties that resulted. I canít say if that is on Trump or not but these are separate issues

Last edited by ewing; 01-20-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Pretty terrible.

Are you denying that Trump royally ****ed PR....besides making jokes and slinging around paper towel?
    He did act like an ******* that is for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Pretty terrible.

Congress royally ****ed PR long before Trump, and only congress can un-**** PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

Embarrassing it happened and people should be held responsible.

But it also looks like it was one warehouse versus many from what i read. It would have helped a lot of people for sure, but also I donít think this warehouse of supplies would have turned PR from being a cluster****.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Congress royally ****ed PR long before Trump, and only congress can un-**** PR.
    That's fair, I don't know much about the history of PR. I get they won't be granted statehood under Trump but what is needed in the house and Senate for them to get statehood?

That's fair, I don't know much about the history of PR. I get they won't be granted statehood under Trump but what is needed in the house and Senate for them to get statehood?
    My version of the history of PR as far as the US congress destroying their economy ...

- Congress passed an agreement that PR companies got huge tax breaks.

- Literally hundreds of companies, particularly big pharma, moved offices and manufacturing work to PR.

- After decades of those tax breaks Congress took the tax breaks away despite warnings of what it would do to the economy of PR.

- PR economy collapses as in the next couple of years all that work is gone.

- PR leadership props up the economy while begging for more favorable laws from US Congress and begging for money to help rebuild.

- Congress says no, and doubles down taking even more options away from PR.

- PR completely collapses and leadership is blamed for corruption and wasting money.

- Hurricane.

- Trump.

Why make them I state????

(Gee, I wonder why anyone would want to make them a state. Hint: the number 2)

We won them and the Philippines in a war with Spain. We eventually gave the Philippines independence. Why not treat Puerto Rico the same way??? (Hint: the number 2)

Give them independence, a few billion $$$ to get them started (and grease the local politicians) and then move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

We won them and the Philippines in a war with Spain. We eventually gave the Philippines independence. Why not treat Puerto Rico the same way??? (Hint: the number 2)

Give them independence, a few billion $$$ to get them started (and grease the local politicians) and then move on.
    I think the primary difference between the Philippines and Puerto Rico is that Puerto Rico actually wants to be a US State.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think the primary difference between the Philippines and Puerto Rico is that Puerto Rico actually wants to be a US State.
    And I'd like to win the lottery.

That's fine, one or the other or just anything better then a reality TV show president going there and throwing around rolls of paper towel and telling jokes right after a hurricane

And I'd like to win the lottery.
    Well they have a much better chance at becoming a state than you do of winning the lottery.

I agree with your sentiment that if we aren't going to let them be a state if we want, we should allow them their independence.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well they have a much better chance at becoming a state than you do of winning the lottery.

I agree with your sentiment that if we aren't going to let them be a state if we want, we should allow them their independence.
    We need them as a state as much as we need Haiti.

Cut them loose.

We need them as a state as much as we need Haiti.

Cut them loose.
    If we start going on need, a whole lot of states start getting the axe. I'd much rather go to Puerto Rico than anywhere in Mississippi...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast